British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aceslider

Remaining Championship League Fixtures

After looking at the league table this morning and looking at the remaining published fixtures for September and October, it does seem that there are still a number of fixtures to be arranged/rearranged.

According to my maths, there are 11 remaining fixtures which need to be run, only 6 of which are included in the fixture list. Admittedly there are some "reserved" dates, but it does seem to be a bit late in the day to have this number of fixtures not yet arranged, bearing in mind that playoff teams have already been identified.

Can't recall what the same position has been in previous seasons, but just now wondering if all fixtures will be completed? Workington have the most outstanding (6 according to BSPA league table).

Up to the point of our last programme, Sat 16th, we only have fixtures in place during September for two home meetings, 23rd v Glasgow and 30th v Peterborough, I'm sure the 7th October was mentioned for the home match v Newcastle but as for our remaining three away fixtures dates are still to be agreed?

And finished bottom

But to show credit to our promotion, they ain't lost thousands of pounds due to rained off meetings, crowds held up reasonably well, we had a successive run of wins to build on for next year and we know for certain that we will be racing in 2018 after Scott confirmed things! Good times for Berwick knowing that this early for a change!

• Like 4

berwick done it right . may have had a couple of weeks off in the summer . but well done to that promotion in keeping the speedway momentum

going through the season and no extra long lay offs for the home fans . we havnt been to berwick for a while and used to enjoy the nice rivalry between ourselves .

comics/bendits . still the same . always supporting speedway !

But to show credit to our promotion, they ain't lost thousands of pounds due to rained off meetings, crowds held up reasonably well, we had a successive run of wins to build on for next year and we know for certain that we will be racing in 2018 after Scott confirmed things! Good times for Berwick knowing that this early for a change!

What's great about this post is she supports the Bandits through thick and thin. As a Bears fan, I have supported them through the thin...wooden spoonists last two seasons, now I'm enjoying the resurgence with everything to do with the Bears in 2017. I'm glad to see the Bandits will be racing next year, we need them in the Championship, we are seeing the good times at Redcar again, I hope the Bandits will too.

• Like 1

What's great about this post is she supports the Bandits through thick and thin. As a Bears fan, I have supported them through the thin...wooden spoonists last two seasons, now I'm enjoying the resurgence with everything to do with the Bears in 2017. I'm glad to see the Bandits will be racing next year, we need them in the Championship, we are seeing the good times at Redcar again, I hope the Bandits will too.

I won't deny that my faith had been sorely tested this season... It's certainly been a painful one... But being on the supporters club committee this year and around other people who've given me such laughs reminded me why I didn't just stop going! It was hard but those last 6 meetings were a joy! And as I say, we go into 2018 with positive anticipation! We know we've got a promotion team who want the sport to move forward, not just for Berwick, but for speedway in general! They involve their fans... They use social media how it should be used... They've got off their arses and gone out and promoted our team as it should be!

If more follow their lead next season, it could be the start of happier and cheaper times for most.

And finished bottom

You are correct of course, but the point remains that Berwick did complete all their fixtures before cut off due, part of which was due to the track covers that saved four or five meetings from rain offs and subsequent re-arrangements.

• Like 2