British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Wolves Vs Somerset (sgb Premiership) Weds 20/09/2017

What is disgraceful is that Somerset qualified for the semi final on the 15 April and Wolverhampton on the 26 June and yet they have been unable to sort out a date until now, resulting in the present farce.

I have little sympathy for either of them.

• Like 3

The draw wasn't made, or announced, until August 11. The priority over the last six weeks has been completing the league fixtures. The Cup is of minor importance to everyone, and I imagine its' continuation beyond 2017 will be up for discussion.

In other news, Wolves will operate RR for Lindgren with Lasse Bjerre and Scott Nicholls both guesting. Thorsell rides. Reserves to be announced.......

What is disgraceful is that Somerset qualified for the semi final on the 15 April and Wolverhampton on the 26 June and yet they have been unable to sort out a date until now, resulting in the present farce.

And Belle Vue agree a date where Fricke & Doyle are missing... Are your fans being short changed as well?

Whoops...... didn't think that one through without knowing all of the facts did you !!!

And Belle Vue agree a date where Fricke & Doyle are missing... Are your fans being short changed as well?

Of course they are. All of the semi finalists and the BSPA share some responsibility. Considering all of the weeks without meetings that most clubs seem to have suffered it is madness to now be in this position. Having said that and knowing the number of guests used this year, the probability is that none of the teams would have had their full 1-7 whenever the meetings were arranged but surely they could have avoided Wolves having to put out a side with so many guests.

They devalue the competition by not themselves treating it with any respect and then wonder why the fans do the same.

Whoops...... didn't think that one through without knowing all of the facts did you !!!

The facts are that all of the semi finalists were known by the 26 June and they and the BSPA should have ensured that the draw and the dates were sorted out soon afterwards.

• Like 2

I've heard that to raise the status of the Knock-Out Cup the BSPA were to give a gold medal to every rider that appeared for the winning team.

They cancelled the proposal when they realised the cost if Wolves won!

• Like 4

Sarjeant and Bowtell named as the Wolves reserve pairing for the second leg.

Oh dear.😒

Let's face it the whole season has been a bad joke, so many bad things , daft team building rules, poor fixture scheduling, riders missing left , right and centre. Probably the worst season for me since I got back into Speedway when Somerset started.

• Like 1

Let's face it the whole season has been a bad joke, so many bad things , daft team building rules, poor fixture scheduling, riders missing left , right and centre. Probably the worst season for me since I got back into Speedway when Somerset started.

It started full of promise, but like most things in speedway quickly turns into farce and an embarrassment. I haven't been since June due to the pathetic scheduling after that point.

I still really support Somerset being in the top league, to drop back now would be a big fish in a small pond. But big changes are needed next year.

• Like 3

As previously said on another post Freddie has stated Somerset refused to play ball and rearrange the fixture.

Farcical as Wolves announced dates publicly before Somerset had agreed.

As it states Somerset wanted 15th.

It started full of promise, but like most things in speedway quickly turns into farce and an embarrassment. I haven't been since June due to the pathetic scheduling after that point.

I still really support Somerset being in the top league, to drop back now would be a big fish in a small pond. But big changes are needed next year.

Big changes. Keep barking mate it aint going to happen.

• Like 2

http://www.wolverhamptonwolves.co/news.php?extend.2819

Have to say I don't see why the 2nd leg can't be next Friday. Still plenty of time after if there's a rain off

I have to say I am in full agreement with that statement. It is farcical that a team is full of guests.

As previously said on another post Freddie has stated Somerset refused to play ball and rearrange the fixture.

That statement is a little bit ingenuous to say the least, the truth of the matter is that the Wolverhampton Promotion actually wanted to come to Somerset on the 22nd September when Somerset wanted the meeting on the 15th September but as Freddie Lindgren was in a German meeting on that date they could only have an NL guest (Therefore one guest) So who’s fault is this! Given the visits of Somerset to Wolves in the course of the season it was clear that whatever happened at Somerset, Wolverhampton would still have won on aggregate, which is what the cup is about. You only have to look at the four matches competed this season.

It seems it was ok for Somerset to be told to go to Swindon with 4 guests, and an RR, but when the card is shown to another club in this league they throw there toys out, maybe they have had it all there own way far too long !!

If Kings Lynn and Wolverhampton had raced their tie back in the Summer and got guests for there respective number ones then Somerset would not be running this fixture so late anyway & it would have actually been raced in on one of the 5 blank weeks we had between June and August!!

Edited by womble53
  • Like 3