British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Wolves Vs Somerset (sgb Premiership) Weds 20/09/2017

Both legs of the Edin/Ips play off are on the dates marked as reserved for PO semi final in the original fixture list for each club from before the season even started which is why that match takes priority.

Clegg riding for Edinburgh, Ellis Perks was in the pits last night so I'm guessing he will be replacing Riss

I'm sure I read somewhere that perks was riding for Somerset with Ashley Morris

Dont agree Aces are favourites at all, Wolves are favourites over two legs.

Not an issue to disagree!

We will have to be at our very best to progress against a team we have yet to beat over 2 legs so far this season.

• Like 1

Both legs of the Edin/Ips play off are on the dates marked as reserved for PO semi final in the original fixture list for each club from before the season even started which is why that match takes priority.

Ok cheers

Even with a team of guests we should have enough of a lead to progress,but that is not the point, the fans are being short-changed.

• Like 1

Even with a team of guests we should have enough of a lead to progress,but that is not the point, the fans are being short-changed.

As previously said on another post Freddie has stated Somerset refused to play ball and rearrange the fixture.

Clegg riding for Edinburgh, Ellis Perks was in the pits last night so I'm guessing he will be replacing Riss

I'm sure I read somewhere that perks was riding for Somerset with Ashley Morris

Perks is riding for Somerset as is Ashley Morris

In the SS today they have direct quote from Gary May's press release saying he didn't want to wait until 29th Sept, yet it looks like both teams would be at full strength, looks like he just wanted a decimated Wolves team and then tries to blame Freddie. After his teams abject performance last night I can see why he didn't want full teams

• Like 1

So with Swindon and Belle Vue also riding that leaves Leicester, Kings Lynn, Poole and Rye House riders plus those from the Championship that are not involved in Edinburgh v Ipswich or Scunthorpe v Peterborough on a day when the weather forecast in this miserable month actually looks ok.

I would imagine that Scott Nicholls would be favourite to come in for Freddie but scratching my head to see who could replace Sam and Rory, maybe Ben Barker or Richie Worrall.. or an ex wolf like Ty Proctor, Ludvig Lindgren or Josh Bates. I wonder if they will try to tempt PK out of retirement :rofl:

At reserve, I suspect it will be a Tom Perry or Matt Williamson

In the SS today they have direct quote from Gary May's press release saying he didn't want to wait until 29th Sept, yet it looks like both teams would be at full strength, looks like he just wanted a decimated Wolves team and then tries to blame Freddie. After his teams abject performance last night I can see why he didn't want full teams

Well it has backfired because a team of reserve standard riders could get 30 only takes a few seconds and the odd win. Doubt he expected Thorsell would be there either which is a bonus for Wolves.

• Like 1

So with Swindon and Belle Vue also riding that leaves Leicester, Kings Lynn, Poole and Rye House riders plus those from the Championship that are not involved in Edinburgh v Ipswich or Scunthorpe v Peterborough on a day when the weather forecast in this miserable month actually looks ok.

I would imagine that Scott Nicholls would be favourite to come in for Freddie but scratching my head to see who could replace Sam and Rory, maybe Ben Barker or Richie Worrall.. or an ex wolf like Ty Proctor, Ludvig Lindgren or Josh Bates. I wonder if they will try to tempt PK out of retirement :rofl:

At reserve, I suspect it will be a Tom Perry or Matt Williamson

Team being discussed on the terraces was R/R at 1, Howarth at 2, then perm any from Jacob, Nicholls, A.N.Other, Newman and Perry.

Team being discussed on the terraces was R/R at 1, Howarth at 2, then perm any from Jacob, Nicholls, A.N.Other, Newman and Perry.

Newman riding for Ipswich.

Newman riding for Ipswich.

:D and that information was from someone at the SCB :D Should have known better than believe it :D