British Speedway Forum
Dave Stummings

British Speedway 2018

My View on how 2018 should go:

PREMIER LEAGUE Wednesdays & Fridays.

CONFERENCE LEAGUE Saturdays & Sundays.

CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays.

Loads of reasons why this is the way to go, anyone else agree?

It's already a done deal for the PL to be Mondays and Thursdays and will be set in stone very soon.

It's already a done deal for the PL to be Mondays and Thursdays and will be set in stone very soon.

The BSPA should already be planning now for Premier league Wednesdays & Thursdays for the 2019 season.

The current situation is we (the UK) are THIRD in the pecking order behind Poland & Sweden we should make UK Premier league racing an attractive proposition to all the top European based racers, then CHEERY PICK WHO WE WANT! not rocket science is it?

Monday to Sunday : British League

Monday to Sunday : National Development League

Nothing I've read changes my opinion that the way to go is one British League with clubs hosting meetings on the nights/days which suits them and teams made up of those who will support this 100%

• Like 8

I am of the opinion that British speedway will always race seven days a week. Just as I think the stay-away riders will return once the likes of Sweden and Poland can no longer offer that pot of gold. Concentrate on making the product here better before we try to persuade guys back here that left the sinking ship... a ship that began sinking when these same sort of riders were actually racing here.

Edited by moxey63

The farce of teams with 4/ 5 guests due to fixture clashes has to stop.

Mildenhall v Cradley ... 1 cradley rider , 1 rider replacement and 5 guests.......how can you take a sport seriously when this kind of match is happening regularly ?

Fixed nights is a necessity if we are to solve this problem.... otherwise Speedway will resemble the WWF wrestling circus and will no longer be categorised as a Sport

• Like 2

Shorten the season to finish in september so all the Aussie boys can be back home for the Aussie GP.

Junior

Nothing I've read changes my opinion that the way to go is one British League with clubs hosting meetings on the nights/days which suits them and teams made up of those who will support this 100%

perfect - but they haven't got the guts to do it. The paying public are having to fit around big name riders! Talk about the tail wagging the dog.

And too many think the big names produce the best racing - wrong, they just win alot

• Like 6

Shorten the season to finish in september so all the Aussie boys can be back home for the Aussie GP.

Junior

Tongue in cheek, I hope?

Australian GP should be moved to a date when our FULL SEASON has been completed, and riders contracted to ride here should do just that, or face future suspension

The farce of teams with 4/ 5 guests due to fixture clashes has to stop.

Mildenhall v Cradley ... 1 cradley rider , 1 rider replacement and 5 guests.......how can you take a sport seriously when this kind of match is happening regularly ?

Fixed nights is a necessity if we are to solve this problem.... otherwise Speedway will resemble the WWF wrestling circus and will no longer be categorised as a Sport

No, sir! One properly and professionally organised British League will solve the doubling up/down problem. One rider, one team.

Exceptions being "development league" riders allotted to BL teams' reserve positions

• Like 2

How do you define 100% support? For example, if Robert Lambert has a World U21 meeting which clashes with a league match, is he supposed to forgo his personal ambitions in order to ride in the British league?

How do you define 100% support? For example, if Robert Lambert has a World U21 meeting which clashes with a league match, is he supposed to forgo his personal ambitions in order to ride in the British league?

Obviously you would allow for FIM meetings and such, then again, there are some that might argue that young Mr Lambert hasn't always shown British Speedway the support that he might. The current situation certainly needs something doing.

• Like 1

Obviously you would allow for FIM meetings and such, then again, there are some that might argue that young Mr Lambert hasn't always shown British Speedway the support that he might. The current situation certainly needs something doing.

Isn't that the same situation we have now?

What Midland Red seems to have described is the status quo.

Isn't that the same situation we have now?

What Midland Red seems to have described is the status quo.

No, as things are now too many riders go missing for other reasons, his 100% support means riders who put their British fixtures above those of other countries (with the possible exception of those in their country of origin). There might be a few that don't like that, so they have the choice whether to accept it or f*** off!

• Like 2

No, as things are now too many riders go missing for other reasons, his 100% support means riders who put their British fixtures above those of other countries (with the possible exception of those in their country of origin). There might be a few that don't like that, so they have the choice whether to accept it or f*** off!

Such as?

Other that Jack Holder, I can't think of another rider who has chosen to ride elsewhere when their have had a fixture clash with a British league fixture.

It doesn't have to be a World U21 meeting though does it as been proved by R Lambert & J Holder. Their personal ambition, like most riders, are to improve & they have been given the opportunities to ride in a better, more professional, better paid leagues riding with & against better riders rather than riding for their British clubs.

Such as?

Other that Jack Holder, I can't think of another rider who has chosen to ride elsewhere when their have had a fixture clash with a British league fixture.

I never mentioned the word "chosen." This month is filled with pointless and frequently rained-off fixtures that were never rearranged for earlier dates because of rider (un)availability. You recently had a fixture where one team had six guests and R/R, partly because two riders were on holiday and one was out of the country, that couldn't be arranged earlier because riders weren't available and ironically was rained-off anyway.