British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest compost

1948 Track Record At Yarmouth

Guest compost

Hi

can anyone confirm the end of season track record at Yarmouth in 1948 ?

I've got 73.0 by Paddy Mills on the 20th July but the researcher file is suspicous in that it doesn't appear to give times to decimal places in many, but not all, heat results.

Thanks

Hi

can anyone confirm the end of season track record at Yarmouth in 1948 ?

I've got 73.0 by Paddy Mills on the 20th July but the researcher file is suspicous in that it doesn't appear to give times to decimal places in many, but not all, heat results.

Thanks

There was a formatting oversight on the spreadsheet from which the Yarmouth 1948 file is produced. Some cells were not set up to show the time to one decimal place and this was recently corrected (in August), with the revised file due to be published on the Researcher site very soon. The actual time set by Paddy Mills was 73.2 and this stood for the rest of the season.

Edited by BL65

Guest compost

There was a formatting oversight on the spreadsheet from which the Yarmouth 1948 file is produced. Some cells were not set up to show the time to one decimal place and this was recently corrected (in August), with the revised file due to be published on the Researcher site very soon. The actual time set by Paddy Mills was 73.2 and this stood for the rest of the season.

Thanks BL will keep an eye out for it.

As an aside, there was a heck of a lot of errors in the original Yarmouth files especially in regards of bonus points. I went through all of them, at the time, updating the totals for my records.