British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Workington V Glasgow 23/9/17

well no news on the forums from comet/comercial dan and no replys to pm's

there is a article on news and star website

no jorgonson saturday so ty is at no.5 mason moves to no.3 and r/r at no.2

hopefully for what its worth now the season is dead mason will prove he is ok at 3 or 4 and if thomas returns before end of season matt will move to no.2 and keep mason at 3 or 4

something that should of happened as soon as matt mooved out of reserve berth

still no news on why the unoffical forum is down but some are saying its been closed to stop the negativity and the management arnt happy at the fans responce as most are saying the same things

also theres a story from james if its from him personally and truth full or managemeng speal is something well never know

but he has made a appology apparantly for his actions

dont think hell ever undo the damage hes done but he can ride his socks off for the rest of the season to try make up for it

i agree the unofficial comets site has been closed down to stop a huge amount of shot going in sarj,s way and maybe some aimed at

the promotion . but i dont see how that is the way forward ,closing the site down and saying its in m mode is not the way to do it

sure , some guys are getting flack , deservedly so .in my opinion .

james wee post on hid f/b page is a bit iffy . pointing the finger at the workington track and not being able to get to

grips with it . BUT the starting procedure is all the same . 4 riders,one set of tapes, one starting guy and a ref with his finger on the button .

its the same procedure all over the uk and even abroad .

1 riders line up.

2start marshall happy with how the guys line up

3 walks away .

4green light on . riders under oder . tapes up ... gone

5complete 4 laps , race over .

it not hard to follow, in fact its easier than primary school !

i dont think worky supporters have a prob with his riding , its his constant misuse of the starting procedure .

the signs are on the wall now and they dont have any good reading on them .i hope i am wrong tho .

DONT FORGET ABOUT A WEE MEETING ON SATURDAY WHEN WE TAKE ON THE MILLIONAIRES FROM GLASGOW .

ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD . GOOD MOVE TO PUT MASON AT 3 , BUT 4 WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER !

james , the last thing we need is a 1/5 in heat 2 .

Edited by jenga

i agree the unofficial comets site has been closed down to stop a huge amount of shot going in sarj,s way and maybe some aimed at

the promotion . but i dont see how that is the way forward ,closing the site down and saying its in m mode is not the way to do it

sure , some guys are getting flack , deservedly so .in my opinion .

james wee post on hid f/b page is a bit iffy . pointing the finger at the workington track and not being able to get to

grips with it . BUT the starting procedure is all the same . 4 riders,one set of tapes, one starting guy and a ref with his finger on the button .

its the same procedure all over the uk and even abroad .

1 riders line up.

2start marshall happy with how the guys line up

3 walks away .

4green light on . riders under oder . tapes up ... gone

5complete 4 laps , race over .

it not hard to follow, in fact its easier than primary school !

i dont think worky supporters have a prob with his riding , its his constant misuse of the starting procedure .

the signs are on the wall now and they dont have any good reading on them .i hope i am wrong tho .

DONT FORGET ABOUT A WEE MEETING ON SATURDAY WHEN WE TAKE ON THE MILLIONAIRES FROM GLASGOW .

ALMOST FORGOT TO ADD . GOOD MOVE TO PUT MASON AT 3 , BUT 4 WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER !

james , the last thing we need is a 1/5 in heat 2 .

With both our normal reserves injured , that scenario is unlikely .

lets have wee side bert paulco . winner gets last years christmas cards `1

If this was a football match we would be sending the reserves. Only in speedway would you have a meaningless meeting in between 2 semi final play offs.

I can see what you mean but by not completeing the League fixtures makes British Speedway look even more amateurish, this aside the fixtures should have been completed before the cut off date in the ideal world.

• Like 1

i urge ALL glasgow fans not to attend this meaningless meeting and save your money . also whats the point of the away riders turning up , its meaningless .

remember that when you get offered overtime . its meaningless, you only pay more tax ..... .

i urge ALL glasgow fans not to attend this meaningless meeting and save your money . also whats the point of the away riders turning up , its meaningless

remember that when you get offered overtime . its meaningless, you only pay more tax ..... .

Sadly can't see any Glasgow fan attending. What with the 3 recent matches, the riders championship on Sunday and play off second leg money will be tight. Throw in the dodgy weather....

Edit to be fair the weather forecast doesn't look too bad

Edited by SharpenRake

If this was a football match we would be sending the reserves. Only in speedway would you have a meaningless meeting in between 2 semi final play offs.

After tonight's performance, the second leg is as meaningful as the Workington fixture :neutral:

If this was a football match we would be sending the reserves.

We are largely at team of reserves right now with the odd exception.

• Like 1

Sadly can't see any Glasgow fan attending. What with the 3 recent matches, the riders championship on Sunday and play off second leg money will be tight. Throw in the dodgy weather....

Dodgy weather -- I'm guessing if it rains it will be James's fault? ;)

Dodgy weather -- I'm guessing if it rains it will be James's fault? ;)

oh come on , thats taking it a bit too far innit ? weather is supposed to be good .

wprkington are borrowing sheffields starting gate as the one at worky does not go up quick enough , there , sorted .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3

almost accepted 2 free tickets this morning to see the worky v tigers meeting, but thought about it for a millisecond and refused them .

better to pay your way and not be part of the closing of the speedway .

season ticket holder or not , we all still pay our way .....

Well done Jenga, nice one. Hope it's a better crowd, Lawson returning and Cookie back should create interest.

I see on Facebook, Ty Proctor now has a dose of swine fever (pig sick) and told them he's not riding. Looking more like a sinking ship every weekend.

• Like 1