British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Workington V Glasgow 23/9/17

wow , look at the .................... time . its 4.54 AM and hrer am i on the forum AGAIN .

can i sleep ? yes i can .as bob would say !

reading the glasgow report on the meeting tonight .

liking the report when it says the tigers led for a large part of the meeting .. err thats 7 heats .

where workington led for 8 heats . now which is the largest , 7 or 8 . answers to the glasgow speal machine .

good meeting tho , young dan was awesome , where as some of the others were not .

happy with our mob and matt was having some great rides . a great end to a meaningless ) not my words )

meeting.

sarj on the mike saying he did not say the words in the speedway star , they twisted it around . trying to use his ,

get out of jail card there i think . so even the speedway star cannot be trusted to get a story correct .

its worse than the sun news paper !

ritchie worrall out on track after the meeting looking for his diamonds that fell out of his handbag when he was swinging it about . .

no chance of getting them back , all the kids were down on track picking them up , they thought it was a wedding .........

Good to see you take your work seriously

So you're saying two wrongs make a right. No, sorry, there is NO excuse for childish and immature behaviour regardless of who it is by.

As regards the meeting, appears it was a close meeting indeed a 'brilliant' one, and well done to the Comets.

You are lucky really that's quite tame to what I should have said in regards to Worrall's behaviour after the meeting !!

• Like 3

Wow what a carry on at the end of a brilliant meeting. Worralls dummy was well an truley out. Hope reports that he broke a stewards nose are incorrect. Never seen so much carry on on the pits, everyone was involved. Who needs coronation street haha

The evil twin strikes again brilliant rider from the neck down

• Like 2

Well well well , very quiet on here from the Glasgow fans, that was a brilliant meeting , up until the end when Worrall spat his dummy out as he was beaten fair and square ... tut tut very sore loser , hope he gets a hefty fine up his backside , childish behaviour!!

After losing Ty this morning to illness the Comets were up against it with 3 Glasgow heat leaders and a strong second string in Bewley but the boys dug deep and the best team won tonight , well done boys , Mason holding off Worrall and Matt holding off Lawson in heat 13 , 2 highlights tonight

Good luck Sheffield in the return to Ashfield

Everything has already been said about this Glasgow team that needs to be, well done to the Comets on there win.

• Like 2

liking the report when it says the tigers led for a large part of the meeting .. err thats 7 heats .

where workington led for 8 heats . now which is the largest , 7 or 8 . answers to the glasgow speal machine .

sarj on the mike saying he did not say the words in the speedway star , they twisted it around . trying to use his ,

get out of jail card there i think . so even the speedway star cannot be trusted to get a story correct .

its worse than the sun news paper !

According to Updates site Workington led briefly after heat two and then were behind or level until the outcome of heat 13, holding on thereafter, so the Glasgow statement would appear to be correct. Or perhaps you thought they were referring to heat winners? Again, Updates gives Workington seven and the Tigers eight.

As for Sarjeant, the Speedway Star piece quoted his team manager saying he apologised to the Workington fans, wanted to make it up to the club and offered to ride in every race at Scunthorpe for which he was eligible (on what was clearly a difficult circuit following extensive rain). Seemed a sensible line to take given what happened in the previous meeting. If you can recall what he said in the Derwent Park interview, I'd be interested to know which bits of the story he takes issue with. He has apologised on his Facebook page and in a story on the official website so the general tone seems clear. Cheers.

just like to say thanks to ryan douglas on being a profesonal guest

not something were use to with guests recently for workignton

track wasnt the best tonight as the times will back up

very little track work

but as said some very good racing matt wiliamson better than his score sugests too if mason wasnt the golden rider with the comets management then matt would have been in ht 15 after his beating of richard lawson and araon summers

in ht 13

Take your point on Williamson, but it would have meant three successive races for him. Not sure if he would have qualified anyway under top three scorers on programmed rides (do they still have that?).

You are lucky really that's quite tame to what I should have said in regards to Worrall's behaviour after the meeting !!

No it was actually your offensive behaviour. So, when somebody else behaves disgracefully your solution is to also behave disgracefully? :o:nono:

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

No, if acting responsibly no you should not, and a poor non-excuse, it was your post that was childish and immature, nothing to do with Worrall, it was your language within your post that was childish and immature and for which there is NO excuse, doesn't matter who it is it applies to us all.

Two wrongs do not make a right. As I said in post #35 you've obviously never heard of being gracious in victory and your closing quip was full of spitefulness. The actions of a rider on track does not give licence to behave as a hot head and show hatred and spitefulness towards a club and its supporters and which behaviour on your part within post #34 was childish and immature. You should be man enough and decent enough to hold your hand up and admit so. If it were me then I certainly would, you should be decent enough to do so.

As I said before, I personally thought Workington did well. And best of luck for next season.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree there Mr Justere.. ;) Surprise result against the Possil Playboys,but fair play to the Comets.Lawson's really not much cop in the pressure heats again is he lol? I attended the Comets v Scunny match in August and was really alarmed by the lack of a crowd..i thought the track was better than it's ever been and the racing was good but compared to several visits in 1999 and early 00s the crowd was shocking compared to that :sad: Really hope that the Comets come to the tapes next season :t:

Edited by Young51
  • Like 2

Did you enjoy the meeting

Curate's Egg for me, tho nice to get the win!! :t:

I think you're barking up the wrong tree there Mr Justere.. ;) Surprise result against the Possil Playboys,but fair play to the Comets.Lawson's really not much cop in the pressure heats again is he lol? I attended the Comets v Scunny match in August and was really alarmed by the lack of a crowd..i thought the track was better than it's ever been and the racing was good but compared to several visits in 1999 and early 00s the crowd was shocking compared to that :sad: Really hope that the Comets come to the tapes next season :t:

You got that right both him and Summers are posted missing when it matters most especially this season.

There is no team spirit in these set of riders and hasn't been for a while, and therein lies the problem even Stewart said a few weeks ago they don't look out for each other.

For me Lunna and Worrall are the only two deserving of a place next season.

• Like 1

According to Updates site Workington led briefly after heat two and then were behind or level until the outcome of heat 13, holding on thereafter, so the Glasgow statement would appear to be correct. Or perhaps you thought they were referring to heat winners? Again, Updates gives Workington seven and the Tigers eight.

As for Sarjeant, the Speedway Star piece quoted his team manager saying he apologised to the Workington fans, wanted to make it up to the club and offered to ride in every race at Scunthorpe for which he was eligible (on what was clearly a difficult circuit following extensive rain). Seemed a sensible line to take given what happened in the previous meeting. If you can recall what he said in the Derwent Park interview, I'd be interested to know which bits of the story he takes issue with. He has apologised on his Facebook page and in a story on the official website so the general tone seems clear. Cheers.

Take your point on Williamson, but it would have meant three successive races for him. Not sure if he would have qualified anyway under top three scorers on programmed rides (do they still have that?).

oooppss . i can only say sorry for this post . . my ethics of working out the way af leading was way off . glasgow did supply the majority of heats

won . a wee bit of brain fade there . . so an ooppss from me to the potato wedges . my mistake .

even i get it wrong sometimes .

• Like 1

Richard Lawson was on Summers bike in his 3rd ride and won it, and he was on Ryan McDonalds bike in his 4th ride when 3rd, then back on his own bike when second in heat 15

• Like 1

You got that right both him and Summers are posted missing when it matters most especially this season.

There is no team spirit in these set of riders and hasn't been for a while, and therein lies the problem even Stewart said a few weeks ago they don't look out for each other.

For me Lunna and Worrall are the only two deserving of a place next season.

so you dont rate dan bewley

so you dont rate dan bewley

As has been stated Dan will ride wherever Bell vue tell him to ride and I can't see it being at Glasgow.

But to answer your question yes I rate Dan very highly but just being realistic in that he won't be back.