British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

*postponed* Scunthorpe Scorpions V Peterborough Panthers ( Knockout Cup) - Friday, September 22nd (7.30pm)

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. What was Rob meant to do with the best information at his disposal at the time. How many of us would have wanted to witness another event like last week. Waiting around for over an hour and half only for the match to go ahead half hearted or not at all. Surely it's better to call the match off early and stop fans having the cost of travelling to the EWR only for the match to be called off once they have got through the turnstyles.

• Like 4

Where is that, must be local to Peeterbrar eh!

I'm in York and am very grateful to Mr Godfrey for saving me a wasted journey.

How about some Peterborough fans thanking Mr Godfrey too.

Me too, I'm in Hull where it rained most of yesterday and all nite, quite heavily at times and only just stopped today. After leaving work at 6pm, woulda had to chase around like a blue-ended flying insect, fighting thro' car park-like traffic then arranging transport to hopefully just make it by 7.30. So saved me from a bagful of hassle and poss wasted journey or half-journey.....

Edited by Martin Mauger
  • Like 1

Good Call, decision justified.. Its rained since about 4.30pm.. generally light rain but with intermittent heavy bursts.

Maybe... if bloody rider power didn't come to the fore... we'd of got the original fixture concluded.

Edited by Albert
  • Like 4

Dammed if you do dammed if you don't. What was Rob meant to do with the best information at his disposal at the time. How many of us would have wanted to witness another event like last week. Waiting around for over an hour and half only for the match to go ahead half hearted or not at all. Surely it's better to call the match off early and stop fans having the cost of travelling to the EWR only for the match to be called off once they have got through the turnstyles.

I don't think too many are complaining about the meeting being called off but surely this cup meeting could have been arranged much earlier in the season.

I don't think too many are complaining about the meeting being called off but surely this cup meeting could have been arranged much earlier in the season.

Take that up with Peterborough promo

I'm sure I recall Rob saying over the mic in the past he wanted this match out of the way, But was having trouble sorting out a date. As Many Scunny fans know Rob tends to be very accommodating when it comes to changing race nights and put double headers on to help out other teams with a back log of fixtures. Something he can do being one of the few tracks in the UK that isn't governed too much by local council red tape such as curfews and limited alternative race nights something that people tend to forget when they moan about rain offs and rearranged fixtures

I'm sure I recall Rob saying over the mic in the past he wanted this match out of the way, But was having trouble sorting out a date. As Many Scunny fans know Rob tends to be very accommodating when it comes to changing race nights and put double headers on to help out other teams with a back log of fixtures. Something he can do being one of the few tracks in the UK that isn't governed too much by local council red tape such as curfews and limited alternative race nights something that people tend to forget when they moan about rain offs and rearranged fixtures

Scunthorpe's leg of this cup tie was rained off on the 4th June, here we are near the end of September and it's still not been staged.

Up to three dates have to be supplied by the staging promotion to their opponents and the 22nd September was a Peterborough Home Reserved date which we gave up to get this KOC tie completed.

Bearing in mind he isn't governed by red tape, curfews and limited alternative race nights it's surprising this wasn't arranged earlier, isn't it.

Take that up with Peterborough promo

Bull$hyte

As you pointed out yourself the the Scunny leg was rained off making them them the STAGING PROMOTION and seeing how Rob as stated his frustration over the mic at Scunny on more than one occasion at the fact this fixture asn't happened sooner makes me think the failiure the meeting as taken so long to put on can be put at Peterbrough's door

Edited by hulvik
  • Like 1

As you pointed out yourself the the Scunny leg was rained off making them them the STAGING PROMOTION and seeing how Rob as stated his frustration over the mic at Scunny on more than one occasion at the fact this fixture asn't happened sooner makes me think the failiure the meeting as taken so long to put on can be put at Peterbrough's door

As I explained to you

1. The staging promotion offer their opponents up to 3 dates

What part of the above Do you not understand ?

If it wasn't for Peterborough constantly reminding Scunthorpe to offer dates we would probably be doing this in October (we still might)

As I explained to you

1. The staging promotion offer their opponents up to 3 dates

What part of the above Do you not understand ?

If it wasn't for Peterborough constantly reminding Scunthorpe to offer dates we would probably be doing this in October (we still might)

So nothing to do that the panthers couldn't make alot of the dates because Holder wasn't available?

or Harris or both together, bloody hell panthers are 18 points up not 2, a half decent guest and a average Nl rider in and you could still of won

So nothing to do that the panthers couldn't make alot of the dates because Holder wasn't available?

To be fair Holder could make BOTH dates offered by Scunthorpe but by the time we knew for sure Holder was ok (for the 7th July) Scunthorpe had confirmed the 7th July with Newcastle. The delay was over the SWC, we were not sure whether Holder would be the Australian reserve in the SWC.

Just out of interest about the time Scunthorpe offered us the 7th July, Redcar offered us the 6th, they were happy to wait for an answer and we did go to Redcar on the 6th without Harris (SWC).

New date: Friday, September 29th at 7.30pm.

What is the weather forecast so we can give the Panthers supporters(those that travel to away meetings & not just the home meetings or internet supporters) plenty of notice.

A couple have now gone to silent mode since the early call off due to an "iffy" forecast. Me, I would treat them the same.................go into silent mode & let them travel without knowing the weather up here. :oops::nono:

Scunthorpe v Peterborough second leg this coming Friday (22nd) this was the earliest date Scunthorpe provided.

As far as I know Newcastle and Glasgow haven't as yet arranged their QF ties, it's clear they are waiting for Robert Lambert to become available again as he has had Polish commitments recently.

To be fair Holder could make BOTH dates offered by Scunthorpe but by the time we knew for sure Holder was ok (for the 7th July) Scunthorpe had confirmed the 7th July with Newcastle. The delay was over the SWC, we were not sure whether Holder would be the Australian reserve in the SWC.

Just out of interest about the time Scunthorpe offered us the 7th July, Redcar offered us the 6th, they were happy to wait for an answer and we did go to Redcar on the 6th without Harris (SWC).

Hmmm, two contradictory posts.

What is the weather forecast so we can give the Panthers supporters(those that travel to away meetings & not just the home meetings or internet supporters) plenty of notice.

A couple have now gone to silent mode since the early call off due to an "iffy" forecast. Me, I would treat them the same.................go into silent mode & let them travel without knowing the weather up here. :oops::nono:

No, hopefully they've now realised that the Scunny promotion were being completely genuine yesterday.

The forecast for next Friday looks good, but should it change, everyone will be informed in plenty of time again.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1