2. Dan Bewley

3. Aaron

4. Richie W

5. R/R

6. James Sarjeant (guest)

7. Alfie Bowtell (guest)

R/R at number 5 ?????????!!!!!!!!

Discuss

With 3 strong Ht Leaders think you can get away with it.

They will have to perform far far better than their last meeting.

Last time they were at Sheffield none of the Glasgow heatleaders won a race

The Sheffield heatleader trio are pretty formidable around Owlerton.

This season they have raced in a combined 231 races.

Of those 231 races they have scored either a paid win or win on 156 occasions

The 2nd strings (Bates and Kurtz) provide some useful back up with 53 paid wins or wins from 123 races.

We are very tough to get anything around Sheffield.

They will have to perform far far better than their last meeting.

Last time they were at Sheffield none of the Glasgow heatleaders won a race

The Sheffield heatleader trio are pretty formidable around Owlerton.

This season they have raced in a combined 231 races.

Of those 231 races they have scored either a paid win or win on 156 occasions

The 2nd strings (Bates and Kurtz) provide some useful back up with 53 paid wins or wins from 123 races.

We are very tough to get anything around Sheffield.

Your right,but a least your not wasting a No5 ride in heat 13 and you already have your no1 in it who may salvage something.Just my opinion though.

To add to my original post r/r can be taken by dan Bewley who is coming back from injury and the 2 reserves. Remember the no. 5 races with the no. 6 twice and the no. 7 once. So in at least 3 races we will be represented by the 2 reserves. Get in there James and Alfie 🙊🙄

• Like 1

Agreed . Keeps us competitive in heats 12 and 14 , well that's the theory anyway . Good luck to the lads , we're massive underdogs but we live in hope .

SHEFFIELD: Josh Grajczonek, Todd Kurtz, Lasse Bjerre, Josh Bates, Kyle Howarth, Jan Graversen, Georgie Wood.

GLASGOW: Richard Lawson, Dan Bewley, Aaron Summers, Richie Worrall, Nike Lunna R/R, James Sarjeant, Alfie Bowtell.

Agreed . Keeps us competitive in heats 12 and 14 , well that's the theory anyway . Good luck to the lads , we're massive underdogs but we live in hope .

What about heats 6 and 9

I have just done a heat by heat on the programme, even being conservative i think Sheffield will win 58-34

Sheffields 3 heat leaders around Owlerton are nearly unbeatable, Very good back up with Kurtz And Bates but even if they have an off night hopefully Jan will take up the task and hammer in the points.

We will then hope that Edinburgh can cause an upset.

What about heats 6 and 9

Gives Glasgow as strong a finish as possible. Difficult to know what to do here, Glasgow only got 2 points from the second string number 4 position last time. Where would you suggest SharpenRake?

I have just done a heat by heat on the programme, even being conservative i think Sheffield will win 58-34

Sheffields 3 heat leaders around Owlerton are nearly unbeatable, Very good back up with Kurtz And Bates but even if they have an off night hopefully Jan will take up the task and hammer in the points.

That will be that then be as well staying at home.

Hows The weather holding up ?

Hopefully any rain will pass over and clear quickly, Forecast still only showing rain until 3pm which will hopefully not be to heavy.

It's been dry so far, rain is still forecast for this pm before drying up again for tonight. BBC has downgraded from heavy rain to light rain and the length of time it was due to rain for has decreased too....

I would say the odds are 70/30 for it being on - but then I lost a shed load of cash at the St Leger last weekend which probably proves that I don't understand betting odds!!!!

Gives Glasgow as strong a finish as possible. Difficult to know what to do here, Glasgow only got 2 points from the second string number 4 position last time. Where would you suggest SharpenRake?

For this match I'd put r/r at 2.

Would give Dan a chance in heat 8 being up against Sheffields no. 2 and 2 reserves. Also means one of our reserves, the only other option for r/r, would be against a Sheffield reserve in heat 11. Also means a reserve out in heat 1 can get a feel for the track prior to heat 2

Sheffield have a very good team IMO , but come on now give the opposition some credit , I think you have a very one sided view and usually these sort of people set themselves up to be knocked down .Personally I see Sheffield winning the first leg comfortably but 58 -34 I believe is just wishful thinking