British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Sheffield V Glasgow Po Semi-final 21 Sep

For this match I'd put r/r at 2.

Would give Dan a chance in heat 8 being up against Sheffields no. 2 and 2 reserves. Also means one of our reserves, the only other option for r/r, would be against a Sheffield reserve in heat 11. Also means a reserve out in heat 1 can get a feel for the track prior to heat 2

Dan is already out in Heat 8. Who would be better at number 5? Worrall has scored 4 on each of his last 2 visits and Summers seems to be badly off form and didn't win a race there 3 weeks ago. Like I said before, a difficult one..

BBC has downgraded from heavy rain to light rain

My version of light rain and the BBC's are different - just got soaked in town :cry:

Still think it will be on though as long as it stops as forecast prior to 4pm

If it stops raining around 3.30 - 4.00 it'll give Boocock and co. time to get the track down. They did a very good job of it last week may I say, 30 heats and no apparent track issues!

Dan is already out in Heat 8. Who would be better at number 5? Worrall has scored 4 on each of his last 2 visits and Summers seems to be badly off form and didn't win a race there 3 weeks ago. Like I said before, a difficult one..

You have to hope that Richard and Aaron score what they did in the meeting in May 2017 otherwise it won't matter where they put r/r. Richie is the potential problem, scoring wise, at Sheffield. So I would have Richard, r/r, Dan, Richie, Aaron, James and Alfie. My point about r/r at 2 was that Dan could potentially maximise his r/r ride by getting it in heat 8. With r/r at 5 , Dan won't get an 'easy' r/r ride being out against at least one heat leader in every potential race (heats 4, 6, 9, and 13) and as I've said before our reserves will be riding together in at least 3 heats, two of which will be against heat leaders. Just think the way were lined up puts tremendous pressure on Dan, who is still young and inexperienced as well as coming back from injury, and James who has had probably only one good meeting this year.

Anyway hopefully I'm wrong and Stuart is right

You have to hope that Richard and Aaron score what they did in the meeting in May 2017 otherwise it won't matter where they put r/r. Richie is the potential problem, scoring wise, at Sheffield. So I would have Richard, r/r, Dan, Richie, Aaron, James and Alfie. My point about r/r at 2 was that Dan could potentially maximise his r/r ride by getting it in heat 8. With r/r at 5 , Dan won't get an 'easy' r/r ride being out against at least one heat leader in every potential race (heats 4, 6, 9, and 13) and as I've said before our reserves will be riding together in at least 3 heats, two of which will be against heat leaders. Just think the way were lined up puts tremendous pressure on Dan, who is still young and inexperienced as well as coming back from injury, and James who has had probably only one good meeting this year.

Anyway hopefully I'm wrong and Stuart is right

I hope he's right too , and we can keep this close to give us a fighting chance on Tuesday .

If Sheffield ride anything like they can it won't matter were you use r/r or what order you use. If Sheffield ride the first half of the meeting like they normally do the second half it will be 60pts. But that's a big if.The weather has been ok from about 2pm. We have not had any rain since then and it is 3.33pm. utt.

• Like 1

The confidence is admirable and rightly so but you still have to respect any opponent as grazgp has clearly dismissed this scenario.

I will refrain from any outlandish predictions and just see how it goes.

• Like 1

The track staff are usually given access to the track between 3.30 and 4.00, so it depends on what the slop is like, as it is still raining. No more rain forecast after about 5.00, so given the circumstances for this match, no doubt the Promotion will do all they can to get the match on.

That's why i put a big if. This is speedway anything can happen. But the Tiger's will win.

I am in the town centre, no rain from about 2pm. Just looked to the heaven's and it seems to be clearing. Fingers crossed.

I see Josh G and Kyle will have a run out in the riders championship on Sunday, just right for Tuesday. utt

For this match I'd put r/r at 2.

Would give Dan a chance in heat 8 being up against Sheffields no. 2 and 2 reserves. Also means one of our reserves, the only other option for r/r, would be against a Sheffield reserve in heat 11. Also means a reserve out in heat 1 can get a feel for the track prior to heat 2

If our heat leaders were strong enough we would have a more recognisable line up with r/r at 2 or 3. By moving r/r to 5 its an indication that Stuart thinks we will get pummelled with the former anyway and has had to do something radical. Its just I see it as being absolutely mental and will backfire spectacularly as a damage limitation exercise as it relies on Sarjeant. As it is Worrall is fairly poor at Sheffield and Summers isnt exactly riding on a high, so to pair them two together seems daft.

However it is what it is and I'll take all the abuse going should it work out. Somehow!

That's why i put a big if. This is speedway anything can happen. But the Tiger's will win.

I am in the town centre, no rain from about 2pm. Just looked to the heaven's and it seems to be clearing. Fingers crossed.

I see Josh G and Kyle will have a run out in the riders championship on Sunday, just right for Tuesday. utt

Yes the TIGERS will win, there's no doubt about that, let's just hope it's the SHEFFIELD TIGERS!

Weegies TM is a tactical genius.

not sure if you are taking the proverbial or being serious, however in all the years I have been attending speedway , I have observed that Stewart Dixon has been the best tactical manager I have seen and knows the rule book inside out. I agree that having r/r at no 5 seems very radical but Sheffield are on form and we are not so maybe this tactic will give us a chance in other heats.just a shame that our team has been decimated at the business end of the season, hopefully it will be a great meeting and the stripes will put up a fight.

The weather can be a leveler.

Usually when the track is effect by the rain it can go against the home team.

As for Team Managing to say he has not been in the job long, I have never seen anyone to be as tactically astute as Steady.

Never mind not long now, and it will be time for talking to stop and the racing to winning.

And one thing is certain Tigers will come out on top.

But which one?