British Speedway Forum
stevehone

Speedway On Social Media

Agree but the benefit is for those who cannot or do not want to pay admission at tracks. "Only £99" per month is still £99 per month which has to be recovered before the costs of hiring a streaming service is covered. Other costs are simple business and tax cost which many on here seem to ignore when they talk about hown cheap it is to do something.

If it was going to be done then it should be sport-wide with a minimum £100 per year access fee. Then there is the possibility of it making money for the clubs and only then is it a worthwhile exercise.

Sharing content via Netflix, Facebook and the like is a more likely avenue to follow - how you monetize that is beyond my brainpower I'm afraid.

Cleancut sports cover plenty of meetings so must have all the gear, surely it wouldn't be difficult, with BT's agreement, to cover the 2nd semi from the NSS on Wednesday but have it streamed to somewhere with a facility to place a one-off charge of £3 or even £5 on anyone who wanted to watch it.

I know there could potentially be legal issues around doing this but, assuming these can be overcome, it would be a guaranteed money spinner, no real loss to Belle Vue as the original staging was due for live transmission anyway.

• Like 1

Cleancut sports cover plenty of meetings so must have all the gear, surely it wouldn't be difficult, with BT's agreement, to cover the 2nd semi from the NSS on Wednesday but have it streamed to somewhere with a facility to place a one-off charge of £3 or even £5 on anyone who wanted to watch it.

I know there could potentially be legal issues around doing this but, assuming these can be overcome, it would be a guaranteed money spinner, no real loss to Belle Vue as the original staging was due for live transmission anyway.

Miss every trick that seems to be a BSPA mantra. Far too busy tinkering with the rules to pander to fans.

I use to stream my events on my own website and get over 100k views its easily done and especially so at certain tracks, but bspa have no imagination

• Like 2

I use to stream my events on my own website and get over 100k views its easily done and especially so at certain tracks, but bspa have no imagination

What was you event?

What was you event?

My event was mixed martial arts one of the top 5 shows in the UK with ex UFC guys on etc but our stream was a free stream if we charged we'd maybe have 300-400 people pay for it

speedway is dying a slow death, at least PVP would kill it off a lot quicker.

If that is the case then PPV is worth a try because there is very little else to try to salvage the sport.. However once the BSPA take a stand against something it will never be tried.