British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

So how do people see this going?

In the League fixtures Wolves have won 48-42 and more recently 49-41. A result similar to one of those would set the tie up perfectly for the second leg in my mind. I think a 6 point Wolves win and BV would be the happier team. An 8 point Wolves win would probably suit Wolves a touch more.

So how do people see this going?

In the League fixtures Wolves have won 48-42 and more recently 49-41. A result similar to one of those would set the tie up perfectly for the second leg in my mind. I think a 6 point Wolves win and BV would be the happier team. An 8 point Wolves win would probably suit Wolves a touch more.

I think Wolves need at least a 12 point lead if not more. Our record at the NSS is poor.

I think Wolves need at least a 12 point lead if not more. Our record at the NSS is poor.

You will be fine Lindgren won the riders title there, Thorsell rode well in same meeting, i seem to remember even Greaves has had good meetings there so i don't think you should fear Belle Vue. Don't think you did too badly last year!

Edited by foreverblue

You will be fine Lindgren won the riders title there, Thorsell rode well in same meeting, i seem to remember even Greaves has had good meetings there so i don't think you should fear Belle Vue. Don't think you did too badly last year!

Jacob wont be riding, so it will be RR

Out of Swindon, Poole, and Belle Vue I think we go the best at Monmore and have managed to keep the scores fairly close even on our last visit without Fricke and with Bewley picking up an injury. BUT this is the play offs and Belle Vue just don't seem to do play offs do we? Last season we did well at Monmore and I think didn't fail to reach forty points on our away travels, until we turned up at Monmore for the final 1st leg, we then turned in our worst away performance of the season, a capitulation, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again. At the NSS Wolves top four can all go well Howarth can sometimes be a bit hit and miss, at reserve Wolves I think have the advantage and a lot depends on Bewleys fitness. I hope Fricke and Thorssell are riding if r/r was introduced for both think it would benefit Belle Vue at Monmore and Wolves at the NSS. Its very close to call between the two but I think Wolves will go through and retain the title as Poole or Swindon would get wiped at Monmore.

Only if Rospiggarna win away at Vetlanda tonight, in which case Fricke will be missing aswell

Exactly my point, like Swindon if Vetlanda can win away then defending a 2 point lead at home should be a walk in the park.

• Like 1

Exactly my point, like Swindon if Vetlanda can win away then defending a 2 point lead at home should be a walk in the park.

You would think so, hopefully it will finally go ahead tonight, no rain forecast

Any news of a 'big screen' at Monmore to show the BT coverage of the other semi and adverts etc?

Can we expect a 10pm finish?

Looking at Bewleys score last night, Wolves going to need a big lead on Monday.

In my mind belle Vue were always favourites to go through and if Bewley scores like that again we have little chance.

• Like 1

Wolves have a huge home track advantage and riders who do well at the NSS. I think we will win overall but it's going to be close. I'll be happy if we lose the first leg by less than 10, delighted if we win but it's going to take an exceptional performance to do that.