British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

The only thing that concerns me over the 2 legs is that Bewley is capable of batting well above his average at the NSS.

Fair point, he sure is + taking 5 rides tomorrow he could score 7 or 8 tomorrow at Monmore too.

COYW.

Smith 5 paid 7 from 4 rides at home against Rye House, last home match, indicates that Smith was getting better. Okay maybe no difference at Monmore, but perhaps a difference at the NSS.

That's a reasonable assessment. Smith was showing a marked improvement before his injury. I doubt he would have scored much, if anything, at Monmore but he is better than Shuttleworth so may have picked up an odd point that Rob won't. At the NSS Smith could easily have scored at least 3 whereas Rob may not score any. However, we are where we are, Fricke is back and on form and Bewley can be a match winner.

Let's hope for two brilliant meetings and may the best team win.

Smith 5 paid 7 from 4 rides at home against Rye House, last home match, indicates that Smith was getting better. Okay maybe no difference at Monmore, but perhaps a difference at the NSS.

1 in the A fixture, 3 in the B at Monmore (gifted points).

Shuttleworth at the NSS has plenty of experience and has a NL average of 7.70 compared to 8.46 of Smith.

I like Jack although I expected a little more progress this season. Another for the future.

no big miss at Monmore tho.

Wolves now massive favourites with Belle vue under strength

Still expecting a Belle Vue win over 2 legs but obviously, tomorrow will set the tone.

• Like 1

Well here we are again, play off day.

Ground is a little wet outside but the forecast looks ok for a clear afternoon.

Getting nervous already. Two good sides, big crowd, good atmosphere, speedway at it's best, can't wait!

Hope the M6 behaves for any Aces fans coming down.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 4

2 miles from track. Has rained overnight with continual fine rain this morning. Fingers crossed.

why belle vue have not got liam carr to guest at monmore is boarding on bonkers in my humble opinion got a full max on hes last visit there..

• Like 1

why belle vue have not got liam carr to guest at monmore is boarding on bonkers in my humble opinion got a full max on hes last visit there..

Swindon got him first I would imagine.

Oh is it because he guesting for swindon ... Still all the same should of got in there would be a 4 point swing in favour of b vue if they had

2 miles from track. Has rained overnight with continual fine rain this morning. Fingers crossed.

Forecast is good from early afternoon on.

Oh is it because he guesting for swindon ... Still all the same should of got in there would be a 4 point swing in favour of b vue if they had

Or his average is too high due to him riding in the Championship earlier in the season and his average was 3.00 which converts to 2.5 and Smith is a 2.00.

Forecast is good from early afternoon on.

In Shropshire. The weather was coming from the west and the fine rain stopped a couple of hours ago. Now overcast, not a breath of wind but very humid.

This could be a classic. Both teams well matched and, if everyone on form, these will be close races. The difference will be Dan Bewley, what a talent. Really lookin forward to this, shame Wednesday has not been picked up by B.T., even delayed "live" would have done me.

Hope all riders be safe and Go Aces.

Edited by SPD444