British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

Right, ok. Making excuses early are you, just in case you manage to throw this away?

R/r is not the same as having the rider available. You cannot afford to have any of the top 4 off form, and you have 1 less choice for heat 15. Get it now ?

So why the huge cheer when he crashed?

Are you mental ? Why we would cheer our riding coming off.

• Like 1

I'd like the sport to be run on fair racetracks where the lads can strut theirs stuff safety for the benefit of the viewing public and win or lose accordingly.

Pipe dream but why?

If the Belle Vue can do it why not else where??

Didn't see Freddie Lindgren have too many issues with the track,...

Thats because the very top riders can ride any type of track...

Sadly far too many of today's lads cannot handle anything except concrete slick surfaces.

The track wasnt great with lots of unexpected grip, however, lets be honest,the Aces riders made it look a lot worse than it was by pretty average riding...

To be still anywhere in the tie given how poor we were tonight must be a good omen..

And really we should be 17 down as Dan got away with it when Greaves fell off..

Hope Thorssell is ok....

Roll on Wednesday, all to play for (just) and no TV coverage should result in a very good crowd..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 3

Disgusting from Aces fans on facebook. Saying it "couldn't happen to a nicer bloke" than Thorssell in a sarcastic way and promising our riders loads of abuse on Wednesday.

Classy bunch.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 1

No different to there vile abuse and language in 2nd leg of final last year.

No different to there vile abuse and language in 2nd leg of final last year.

Ffs....

What Speedway needs desperately is a large crowd and atmosphere...

As long as riders don't get hurt who gives a toss if someone cheers when one of the opposition go down..?

No one cheered Thorssell as you could see it looked serious..

So what if it gets a 'bit heated' in the stands, as long as no violence is involved let there be a few choice differences of opinion be shared...

To get away fans at a match makes a change..

Speedway is about adrenaline fuelled excitement...

When, for once, we get some at a meeting people moan about it!!

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Seven withdrawals due to crashes in the last eight meetings with Bewley injured in the other one.

If it's just one of those things that happen anywhere them I see no way forward for the sport in this country with riders out every meeting, it's not worth it.

If it's not the norm then Monmore we need answers?

Result secondary for me as I just want all 14 lads safe.

Bewitcher, Beowulf, Call me wolfie and Stevebrum please don't tell me again that I'm a tool, I'm aware of your opinion and I ignore it but if you have any answers......

please don't suggest I have called anyone that name. :nono:

Of course you have your opinion as well as you are entitled too. It's just not one that has any validity.

Eh? You're disagreeing with the wrong poster!

sorry LL, I was agreeing with your comment and forgot to add the multi posters original one as it's clear that's nonsense anyway. Apologies. :t:

Disgusting from Aces fans on facebook. Saying it "couldn't happen to a nicer bloke" than Thorssell in a sarcastic way and promising our riders loads of abuse on Wednesday.

Classy bunch.

Thank god I have meet some great Aces fans because some of the travelling fans are the most abusive I've had the displeasure of meeting. So hostile and aggressive. This forum is evidence of that anyway. Distasteful comments but not unexpected, sadly.

R/r is not the same as having the rider available. You cannot afford to have any of the top 4 off form, and you have 1 less choice for heat 15. Get it now ?

I agree with that logic. But hardly enough to say that the tie is over in favour of BV!

Only watching on TV, conditions just seemed too grippy for size/shape of track, especially early doors. Rain earlier today won't have helped. Other than Lindgren, the one world class rider on show, the rest found it tough to handle.

Hope Thorssell is well soon, really heavy impact, looked a bad one.

Watched this on the screen at blunsdon and by christ its a terribly dangerous track. Everyone can see this. How many crashes in this meeting? More than you would get in the best part of a season at any other track. And that's the truth.

A trick track that only a few riders can really safely get around. The rest just hope for the best when they come here.

Best wishes to Thorsell. A victim of the track. And a rider who has mastered it. But it still bit him as a rider that hadn't, clipped him and caused him to crash. Monmore claims another victim. Hope he is fit for the second leg.

There were so many incidents during the meeting caused by this track. Wolves fans will go on defending it and saying it won track of the year etc etc but come on, we don't get riders wobbling around, over locking, losing control at any other track.

End of the day only one rider injured. It could have been a lot worse. Wish Thorsell a speedy recovery.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Classy wolves fans cheering every fallen aces rider tonight. Then a wolves fan pushed a female fan. But there is idiots st every club I suppose. But fitness very heated with the fans and it will be same again wednesday.

It's not over yet. Well done wolves on the win. And I hope JT is ok. It was a nasty one. Personally thought the crash was 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. Tungate trying to take him wide with JT trying to lean all over him.

• Like 1

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Next you will be telling us how great the racing is at Wimborne road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 1

Only watching on TV, conditions just seemed too grippy for size/shape of track, especially early doors. Rain earlier today won't have helped. Other than Lindgren, the one world class rider on show, the rest found it tough to handle.

Hope Thorssell is well soon, really heavy impact, looked a bad one.

A sensible Belle Vue fan, thank you.

Classy bunch.

One person who an idiot.

Watched this on the screen at blunsdon and by christ its a terribly dangerous track. Everyone can see this. How many crashes in this meeting? More than you would get in the best part of a season at any other track. And that's the truth.

A trick track that only a few riders can really safely get around. The rest just hope for the best when they come here.

Best wishes to Thorsell. A victim of the track. And a rider who has mastered it. But it still bit him as a rider that hadn't, clipped him and caused him to crash. Monmore claims another victim. Hope he is fit for the second leg.

There were so many incidents during the meeting caused by this track. Wolves fans will go on defending it and saying it won track of the year etc etc but come on, we don't get riders wobbling around, over locking, losing control at any other track.

End of the day only one rider injured. It could have been a lot worse. Wish Thorsell a speedy recovery.

You're full of BS as usual, it is well known that you don't like Monmore, so your opinion is hardly fair and even-handed. By the way how did the Pirates do at Swindon ?

• Like 1