British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

Classy wolves fans cheering every fallen aces rider tonight.

Every track has fans that cheer when a rider falls ..it will be the same at Belle Vue Wednesday ...it's not news move on

Classy wolves fans cheering every fallen aces rider tonight. Then a wolves fan pushed a female fan. But there is idiots st every club I suppose. But fitness very heated with the fans and it will be same again wednesday.

It's not over yet. Well done wolves on the win. And I hope JT is ok. It was a nasty one. Personally thought the crash was 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other. Tungate trying to take him wide with JT trying to lean all over him.

Tungate 100% at fault. If Tungate wasn't there would Thorssell have come off ? Simple answer, no.

• Like 1

Wolves very unlucky not to have won by a whole lot more, hope Jacob isnt too badly hurt.

Loving the holier than thou BV fans. Don't mention the shouting out when thorsell is still being treated on track...

Well done to Wolves on their win - is 13 enough of a lead to take to the NSS - 11 wasn't enough for Swindon in the KO Cup! I think it is evenly balanced for Wednesday and it could go either way. I am still hoping for a BV vs Swindon final.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Next you will be telling us how great the racing is at Wimborne road.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But the facts speak for themselves. The track is seriously dangerous. Yes the Wimborne road track is safer so stop trying to deflect the subject. Last night clearly showed Monmore to be, as Flange puts it, a horror track. Carnage. Why so many fallers if it is safe?

As a seasoned supporter, last night's Play-Off was really disappointing. Sitting in the comfort of my warm armchair, with a beer in me hand, I still found it hard to get enthusiastic about the whole match. Belle Vue done everything they could to lose points, Cookie was very disappointing, Tungate! what a joke. He couldn't get off the bike quick enough. Only a few, Fricke, Worrall, and probably Bjerre and Bewley put up any fight. The rest were rubbish.

Wolves were the deserved winners, with Freddie looking the class above anyone else. This was supposed to be a pinnacle meeting of the season, when everyone is giving their all, excitement at fever pitch. but that track made sure that was not the case. The only part to be remembered from last night was the number of riders falling off, and getting injured.

Terrible meeting !!!

• Like 2

But the facts speak for themselves. The track is seriously dangerous. Yes the Wimborne road track is safer so stop trying to deflect the subject. Last night clearly showed Monmore to be, as Flange puts it, a horror track. Carnage. Why so many fallers if it is safe?

Because the riders didn't ride the conditions combined with the pressure of a play off semi final. Fricke rode it well...

• Like 2

Seems the Aces are under instruction to take out as many Wolves riders as possible.

Shocking riding from some of them.

With Thorssell out its game over.

I don't come on here very often anymore but it's nice to see some things don't change, you spouting absolute drivel as usual. :rofl:

Edited by Blazeaway
  • Like 1

Belle Vue riders been over doing it all night, perhaps too hyped up !

That's a fair point was thinking the same myself.

• Like 1

As a seasoned supporter, last night's Play-Off was really disappointing. Sitting in the comfort of my warm armchair, with a beer in me hand, I still found it hard to get enthusiastic about the whole match. Belle Vue done everything they could to lose points, Cookie was very disappointing, Tungate! what a joke. He couldn't get off the bike quick enough. Only a few, Fricke, Worrall, and probably Bjerre and Bewley put up any fight. The rest were rubbish.

Wolves were the deserved winners, with Freddie looking the class above anyone else. This was supposed to be a pinnacle meeting of the season, when everyone is giving their all, excitement at fever pitch. but that track made sure that was not the case. The only part to be remembered from last night was the number of riders falling off, and getting injured.

Terrible meeting !!!

And a terrible advert for speedway, assuming that a lot of neutrals were casually watching. I realise the TV schedules forced it to go ahead, but a bit pointless really. Riders appeared not to be able to adjust to the track condition especially at Wolves. We can't go on blaming the modern bikes for that can we? If so it's game over for the sport on that account, unless all tracks are covered or stadiums roofed!

R/R unfortunately. Should be allowed a Guest when you consider how Tungate was the reason behind Thorssell's injury.

Same as us when losing Bjerre against Coventry cost us in the final. Not a fan of Tungate myself but don't think he purposely went out to cause mayhem, more like a limited ability to control the bike and being too pumped.

Makes me laugh all these Belle Vue fans gloating about their new track and criticising monmore after all those years riding on that crap horror track at the greyhound stadium.

Makes me laugh all these Belle Vue fans gloating about their new track and criticising monmore after all those years riding on that crap horror track at the greyhound stadium.

But at least we acknowledged we had a total crap track, we didn't try to defend it, what made it worse for us it came after Hyde Road.

I like wolves as a track, sadly after natural watering it really sorts men from boys at times, freddie looked 2 stone better than anyone else. Tungates a throttle jockey essentially

Hope thorsell is ok, all to play for weds

• Like 2

Definitely a tough track last night. TBH everyone saying Freddie was only rider able to handle it, well Jacob Thorssell looked pretty capable to me after missing the gate in his first. Would've been unbeaten thereafter. Main thing is hope he's OK.

The King Shoveller in agreement with Lord Flange

Says it all really