British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

1 person and we shut her up and bollocked her

You've painted a fantastic picture there Phil,

"Are there any women here?"

100968335-Screen-Shot-2013-08-16-at-11.2

Perked me up no end after a poor night's speedway..

No complaints about the result it is what it is full stop.

But I m o that track gives Wolves a massive advantage in any 2 legged speedway competition.Not just last night but whenever I watch a meeting there a hell of a lot of riders seem to struggle there and a lot of points are picked up by riders making mistakes.

I will put money on it that Swindon fans want Belle vue to go through for that very reason.

Edited by B.V 72

Good news is, Lakeside will be back next year.

That should ensure that the top stars come flocking back to the UK.

That's horrendous news for the top league

Better than the dog track absolutely, better than The NSS lol not in a million years.

Than the NSS? Are you mad?

I suppose I must be , I have been to NSS and seen it on Tv , never seen anything I would call great racing , lovely stadium and If you like watching the the person who spent most at the tuners half a lap ahead I suppose it would seem great to you ,or then again if you like to see the home team winning meetings by big margins great , if you want to see skillful speedway racing you need to go elsewhere ,

If you prefer a meeting full of track induced rider mistakes and 10 fallers then yes you must be mad.

And most of the European tracks must have crap speedway as well.

But the facts speak for themselves. The track is seriously dangerous. Yes the Wimborne road track is safer so stop trying to deflect the subject. Last night clearly showed Monmore to be, as Flange puts it, a horror track. Carnage. Why so many fallers if it is safe?

You are trying to deflect infact. Ask Kyle Newman if the track is safe after his horror injury at the start of the race. The Aces over rode and at times dangerous. It's funny that their riders usually ride it well tho isn't it! Both play off tracks had poor racing due to the weather conditions. And both had plenty of fallers because of it. As usual making a mountain out of nothing.

Poole has been dreadful for years. Most of the riders would say so.

I don't come on here very often anymore but it's nice to see some things don't change, you spouting absolute drivel as usual. :rofl:

I'm delighted to hear you don't come on here very often. The forum is bad enough without you.

The King Shoveller in agreement with Lord Flange

Says it all really

completely laughable.

Typical let's ignore the abuse our fans give meeting after meeting and throw stones elsewhere.

not at all. However best not paint a false picture that isn't true.

Takes skill to ride but is always well prepared, unlike the monstrosity down at Wimbourne Road which is full of holes and non stop bouncing around the bends.

Poole has been the horror track for several seasons now.

I know, let's just close all of the small tracks then we can watch riders going at full chat not having to worry about turning the bike. And for the record I love the NSS :t:

• Like 2

I know, let's just close all of the small tracks then we can watch riders going at full chat not having to worry about turning the bike. And for the record I love the NSS :t:

Yep, NSS is the best track by far in the UK but we can't all have £1million of taxpayers money!

• Like 2

Firstly, very sorry to hear that Thorsell has broken vertebrae in his lower back and wish him a complete and speedy recovery.

I was there last night and have now watched it back on TV. With so many falls, was it 10, there was clearly a problem with track. Cook, Tungate and Worrall have shown in the past that they can perform well at Monmore but last night all 3 had at least one fall.I can't bring to mind a meeting anywhere in the recent past with that number fallers. Monmore is usually better prepared but last night it wasn't but probably because of the problems caused by the weather.

Having said that, Wolves deserved their victory. Lindgren showed again his mastery of the circuit and Schlein did exceptionally well. Worrall and Fricke rode well for the Aces. It is going to be difficult to overcome a 13 point lead but not impossible.

[quite name=stevebrum" post="3036458" timestamp="1506374612]Seems the Aces are under instruction to take out as many Wolves riders as possible.

Shocking riding from some of them.

With Thorssell out its game over.

Steve, I appreciate this was probably a heat of the moment comment but you need to apologise and withdraw it.

Very nice of Adams to say he hopes that we win it if we get through to the final.

Edited by Aces51

I enjoyed watching the play offs last night. I disagree completely with people blaming the tracks - sorts the skilled riders out from the rest.

• Like 3

I believe it is so relevant, that only Wolves fans rate their track as good. Its also amazing, that them same fans, don';t realise what a massive home advantage their track give them.

To me a good race is when two or more riders are giving their all and the best one wins, not a race when a rider gets in difficulty because of the track, hence gifting the race to home knowledge... That to me is not good racing...

• Like 3

I see Monmore is a terrible track now because a few Belle Vue riders over did it around the bends. Surely they should realise that it's not the NSS and adapt accordingly? As said, not Fricke's kind of track but he was able to adapt well and didn't go blasting into the bends like you can at the NSS. Tungate on the other hand....a speed merchant with clearly very little skill when it comes to controlling the bike.

Strange really as Tungate usually rides Monmore well I thought. Lots of crashes at both meetings last night, conditions had a lot to with it I think, both track had a fair bit of rain during the day.

Gutted for Jacob T.

He's a very exciting, gritty (but fair) rider to watch; and has improved brilliantly over the past few seasons. Also, unlike a lot of riders, is totally loyal to his UK club. And again (unlike some) comes over as a genuinely nice guy. Not big-headed, mouthy nor throwing his toys out of the pram when the spotlight is on him. Just a decent, hard-working rider that always turns up and puts a shift in.

From a neutral, I wish him every success for a full recovery.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 6