British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

You realise the crash was shown on TV right? And it's on YouTube for people to watch over and over again? And Tungate did NOT lift.

Watch at 2h 26m and 9s and it shows Thorsell leaning over Tungate, which he's entitled to do but it does show its a 50/50 incident.

The more I watch it, the more I think I'd have excluded Thorssell actually.

Just watched it a couple of times and agree Thorsell was the cause locking up and not giving Tungate any room whatsoever. Ref got that completely wrong.

• Like 3

Thorsell is the pointing in right direction to get down the straight. Tungate is the coming across the corner which is why he hit him. No malice just different racing lines resulting in the accident.

Don't really see what Thorsell done wrong there ,he was in front and did not seem to cut back that much IMO .Tungate was having trouble controlling his bike all night.Just an opinion.

• Like 1

Well...the track was well dodgy last night ...Tungate was very unlucky against Thorsell..thought Thorsell left him with no where to go really..not much he could do..

I groaned when Cook said after his first ride he was making changes to drop the speed..he's done that before after good rides and struggled....his big fault is too much tinkering..of course you need some ..but he does it too much I think..

All in all not a great meeting..think it will be close ..but I think Belle Vue might just win if Cook scores normally and Bewley, Fricke and Tungate can do what they are capable of.

Edited by Bruiser McHuge

Can we please somehow get this freak FredFlange banned???

All he does is come on and moan about the Wolves track irrelevant of what meeting it is!

Now he is backed up by the Poole troll..... yes Poole .... one of the worst tracks in the league lol.

If people think speedway is all about just going flat out then they are clueless.

If your just a throttle jockey then you will struggle at Monmore you need to have an ability to use the throttle both ways.

Some riders just can't adapt

Oh and the track was difficult last night because of the rain same as it was at Swindon.....

Bewley on his last visit = INJURED.

Thorssell last night = INJURED.

Sedgmen on his last visit = INJURED.

I can go on and on but I cba.

Am I the only one who thought that heat 14 was 50/50? Thorsell was cutting back as Tungate was drifting out wide. Sadly for Tungate his earlier moves taint people views and he's seen as dirty/reckless.

I normally like/praise Monmore but theres no doubting that last night was crap.

Agreed that Thorsell contributed to the crash but Tungate was rightly excluded.

It was purely and simply a racing accident.

Wolves fans have unnecessarily got their knickers in a twist

charles wright INJURED taken off by Riss last week another one for the list

Great track Monmore, a test of skill. I like the NSS but don't just want every track to be like that.

I can confidently say that having had a trick track for almost 30 years I don't think you'll find many Aces fans wanting to go back.

I can confidently say that having had a trick track for almost 30 years I don't think you'll find many Aces fans wanting to go back.

That was not the point, variety across the board in sizes and shapes, is great,which no other country can match.

charles wright INJURED taken off by Riss last week another one for the list

Kyle Howarth INJURED against Poole add that to the list.

Kyle Howarth INJURED against Poole add that to the list.

didn't shanes pull out of a meeting at wolves injured?

didn't shanes pull out of a meeting at wolves injured?

Yes he did which came from a battle with Greaves in heat 2 not the tracks fault but riders battling for position, Howarth came off after clipping another rider which launched him in to the fence, so both rider error.

Can we please somehow get this freak FredFlange banned???

All he does is come on and moan about the Wolves track irrelevant of what meeting it is!

Now he is backed up by the Poole troll..... yes Poole .... one of the worst tracks in the league lol.

If people think speedway is all about just going flat out then they are clueless.

If your just a throttle jockey then you will struggle at Monmore you need to have an ability to use the throttle both ways.

Some riders just can't adapt

Oh and the track was difficult last night because of the rain same as it was at Swindon.....

trolls do what trolls do, sadly.

you do go on and on, most of it nonsense. You would think no rider gets injured anywhere else in the UK.

its a dangerous sport, and Monmore is a tight technical track.

It's a great track. Sadly not all riders are skilled enough to master it.

Thank god we have every track different in the UK. Those tracks should be giving riders much better overall experience and more key throttle control.

Accidents happen at all tracks. There was plenty at Swindon because of conditions too.

Great track Monmore, a test of skill. I like the NSS but don't just want every track to be like that.

Well said.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:rolleyes:

Didn't realise that Fricke and Bewley had their seasons ended.

Some people. :nono: