British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

I'm glad we agree then!

Animal behaviour from literally hundreds of wolves fans and a maximum of two (or maybe one if the same idiot threw both?) unknown, probably not regular supporters or possibly Aces fans.

That's perfectly acceptable then. What about all the morons fist pumping, cheering and clapping when Freddie withdrew from the meeting, I don't suppose they were Aces fans either

• Like 1

You could be right? Hopefully there will never be video evidence, unlike that showing wolves fans acting like sick moronic animals again, as usual.

You seem to have a lot of plastic fans, some of them even bothering to invest in Aces clothing for their one and only visit to the NSS

The point I am making, without it being an argument, is that wolves is inside the dog track and the size and perhaps some of the shape is forced upon us. In 1996 alterations were made to the dog-track and we had to race the home leg of the cup final elsewhere. Even then we had no options, the landlord said the alterations were being done then and that was that. As a tenant we are hidebound. As it turned out we raced the 'home' leg at Long Eaton and we performed magnificently to take the cup against Peterborough.

I appreciate that you're not making it an argument (unlike that Brum fellow). It's unfortunate that most tracks in this country have constraints with the shapes/sizes and this is one of the fundamental problems with the sport in this country that I have commented about various times on threads in this forum.

Genuine question, was the shape prior to '96 better and did you see less locking-up in the corners? From the TV view there appears to be a grass area on the back straight that may be possible to use should the track ever change shape again?? Edit: Looking on Google maps shows that the track could be a very different shape.

and your continual attack of the wolves tracks already told me what your intellectual ability was.

Excellent, I'm glad you've now realised I have the vastly superior intellect. Perhaps your next step will be to realise that the Wolves track ain't that great! ;-)

Edited by Stoke Potter

Excellent, I'm glad you've now realised I have the vastly superior intellect. Perhaps your next step will be to realise that the Wolves track ain't that great! ;-)

Sadly you inserted superior instead of inferior. Think that clears up your lacking knowledge base. :t:

That's perfectly acceptable then. What about all the morons fist pumping, cheering and clapping when Freddie withdrew from the meeting, I don't suppose they were Aces fans either

I was in the Grandstand, when the crash happened I could see/hear no one cheer, just horror as it was a very bad crash. The jeering/Booing started shortly after when the ref wrongly (IMHO) put the red light on. (please don't try saying Wolves fans would've acted differently had the tie been at Monmore and one of your riders excluded in similar circumstances). once Kenny was up and walking back to the pits peoples thoughts were rightly with Lindgren, as Lindgren walked back to the pits a very small minority (as at all tracks) booed, the vast majority stood and clapped Lindgren as he walked by. Yes most people cheered when Lindgren was announced as withdrawing, that was simply because he is their best rider and we hoped we could now win. Sadly we didn't and now is the time to move on.

I doubt Lindgren reads these posts, but if he is I sincerely wish him a full and speedy recovery and look forward to seeing him at the NSS next year, the NSS and Lindgren were made for each other.

• Like 1