British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

What pathetic calling of Tungate. And people saying BV riders "setting out" to take out wolves riders. Seriously?! The track is a joke. And why all the Wolves fans saying they have no chance without Thorssell on Wednesday if he's out?! Lindgren, Schlein, Masters and Howarth could all take a ride which on past form would provide very similar scores. Having said that I hope he's fit to participate but I'm guessing he probably won't. As it stands I would say advantage Wolves but we are certainly not out of it...

I don't think for 1 minute that BV riders meant it, Mark Lemon certainly isn't that type of bloke. I just think that the likes of Tungate tried too hard and instead rode in an irresponsible manner. A perfect example of attempting to be "too quick"

• Like 1

This is such a close call I'm tempted to go to BV on Wednesday to see the outcome. We can argue about the play off concept till we're blue in the face but this is what's it's all about. Home and away aggregate ties, built for for television.

But wait, the cameras aren't going to be there. :shock:

Pity really. Might be a better tie than the finals.

That's a bit harsh. Riders are trying to get points for their team and sometimes they over try - nothing more than that. As I said earlier hope Jacob is ok.

It's not harsh, it's bull$hit! That track caught riders out, you give it everything, that's it!

So thats speedway 'racing' is it ?

No wonder the sport is on its knees in this country ! ,

And as for Bewley locking up "on purpose" just to deny Greaves a point , ....Ludicrous statement

• Like 3

Problem on a night like tonight is there are too many inexperienced riders out there trying too hard and riding way beyond their current ability. It's an accident waiting to happen, especially with these modern bikes.

Hope Thorsell is okay, BTW.

• Like 2

Blimey, the trolls are out in force tonight, any Mods about by any chance?

couldn't agree more .

It does make me laugh though there the same people who point the finger at others for the sport going down the pan when in truth these so called speedway fans offer little to no resolution help or assistance in rejuvenating are great sport they would rather sit behind a computer and troll people all day..

Makes me laugh all these Belle Vue fans gloating about their new track and criticising monmore after all those years riding on that crap horror track at the greyhound stadium.

Makes me laugh all these Belle Vue fans gloating about their new track and criticising monmore after all those years riding on that crap horror track at the greyhound stadium.

• Like 2

I'd like the sport to be run on fair racetracks where the lads can strut theirs stuff safety for the benefit of the viewing public and win or lose accordingly.

Pipe dream but why?

If the Belle Vue can do it why not else where??

Seven withdrawals due to crashes in the last eight meetings with Bewley injured in the other one.

If it's just one of those things that happen anywhere them I see no way forward for the sport in this country with riders out every meeting, it's not worth it.

If it's not the norm then Monmore we need answers?

Result secondary for me as I just want all 14 lads safe.

Bewitcher, Beowulf, Call me wolfie and Stevebrum please don't tell me again that I'm a tool, I'm aware of your opinion and I ignore it but if you have any answers......

Excuse me ! I haven't used that language to you.😠

What pathetic calling of Tungate. And people saying BV riders "setting out" to take out wolves riders. Seriously?! The track is a joke. And why all the Wolves fans saying they have no chance without Thorssell on Wednesday if he's out?! Lindgren, Schlein, Masters and Howarth could all take a ride which on past form would provide very similar scores. Having said that I hope he's fit to participate but I'm guessing he probably won't. As it stands I would say advantage Wolves but we are certainly not out of it...

It's game over for Wolves now that Tungate has won the tie for Belle Vue by wiping out Thorssell.

Right, ok. Making excuses early are you, just in case you manage to throw this away?