British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

Am I the only one who thought that heat 14 was 50/50? Thorsell was cutting back as Tungate was drifting out wide. Sadly for Tungate his earlier moves taint people views and he's seen as dirty/reckless.

I normally like/praise Monmore but theres no doubting that last night was crap.

While I appreciate the Wolves track is not everyone's cup of tea and quite understandably Wolves fans will defend and I have defended it in the past because I like the atmosphere, fans are polite, racing is usually good, there isn't always a lot of locking up and struggling with bends and have generally enjoyed the evening. Accidents happen and unfortunately happen more often at smaller tracks but there were a lot of crashes at Swindon too with riders in the main going down with nobody near them and that is a big track. In my opinion the rain had a effect and made the track grippier than usual and the conditions along with riders going flat out because it is the play offs undoubtedly caused a number of accidents but to completely blame the shape of the track for every accident that happens at Wolves I don't think is quite correct.

Most neutrals would agree with that.

We have been lucky to have such a great prepared race track to provide exciting racing on.

Obviously those who like so called 'proper' big tracks will disagree and that's absolutely fine.

I'd prefer to watch throttle control racing so you get to see those who have real skill on a bike every day off the week. Just my opinion and preference. The NSS is undoubtedly the best racing track in the country and I don't think anyone will disagree with that.

However I'm more than happy with what's on offer at Monmore.

I think you may have found the perfect way to sum up the entire debate and that, in the end, shows that its all down to opinions and taste from the speedway goer's perspective. For those that enjoy the speedway served up at their own track (as they surely must if they keep handing over their hard earned cash every home match) then all could say : 'I'm more than happy with what's on offer at (insert track name)'.

. Of course small tracks have a place as you need to have a different type of skill to ride them hence foreign riders needing that UK

But why would foreign riders need the experience of small tracks?

All tracks in Europe are proper, big wide tracks.

There is nothing to be gained unless they are with a UK team.

But why would foreign riders need the experience of small tracks?

All tracks in Europe are proper, big wide tracks.

There is nothing to be gained unless they are with a UK team.

Some of the gp tracks are quite technical so the UK is a big bonus. Jason crimp always said riding Belle Vue every week made him a better rider. Zagar also credited riding in the UK improved him to a level of winning GP's.

Bad news on JT let's hope for a speedy recovery. I don't think him missing will effect Wednesday too much as wolves already clear favourits with a 13 point lead but it does weaken them for the final big time. Also the KO Cup final.

Edited by SUPERACE

Some of the gp tracks are quite technical so the UK is a big bonus. Jason crimp always said riding Belle Vue every week made him a better rider. Zagar also credited riding in the UK improved him to a level of winning GP's.

Bad news on JT let's hope for a speedy recovery. I don't think him missing will effect Wednesday too much as wolves already clear favourits with a 13 point lead but it does weaken them for the final big time. Also the KO Cup final.

But from watching them last night I don't fancy Swindon doing it, they beat a weak Poole team and struggled to do that until late on.

You should note that earlier, I have disagreed with Steve Brum's comment about the Aces deliberately riding dangerously. I have nowhere indicated that Tungate was guilty of foul riding, but the cause and effect are crystal clear.

I think the issue could be your use of this word in your original post,

efficient
ɪˈfɪʃ(ə)nt/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a system or machine) achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense.
    "more efficient processing of information"
  2. 2.
    (of a person) working in a well-organized and competent way.
    "an efficient administrator"
    synonyms: well organized, methodical, systematic, structured, well planned, logical, coherent, well regulated, well run, well ordered, orderly, businesslike, systematized, streamlined, productive, effective, labour-saving, cost-effective, energy-efficient, energy-saving, fuel-efficient
    "efficient managerial techniques

Sort of implies that you mean Belle Vue, or Tungate went out to do a number on a Wolves rider, we all know that couldn't be further from the truth.

Am I the only one who thought that heat 14 was 50/50? Thorsell was cutting back as Tungate was drifting out wide. Sadly for Tungate his earlier moves taint people views and he's seen as dirty/reckless.

Agree.

Thorssell was turning back into Tungate. Tungate seemed to be taking a natural racing line when Thorssell turned in and the bikes locked together. A 50-50 racing accident.

Wolves track is normally well prepared but they cocked up last night. Think there was too much dirt and the late September temperatures meant the track held the moisture which made it grippy and patchy in the wrong places.

to completely blame the shape of the track for every accident that happens at Wolves I don't think is quite correct.

it isn't, but in fairness it's only the usual suspects saying it.

agreed, it wasn't a great match. Ditto the racing at Swindon. The common denominator? ?? Weather conditions. Simple as.

I think you may have found the perfect way to sum up the entire debate and that, in the end, shows that its all down to opinions and taste from the speedway goer's perspective. For those that enjoy the speedway served up at their own track (as they surely must if they keep handing over their hard earned cash every home match) then all could say : 'I'm more than happy with what's on offer at (insert track name)'.

certainly has good merit.

Agree.

Thorssell was turning back into Tungate. Tungate seemed to be taking a natural racing line when Thorssell turned in and the bikes locked together. A 50-50 racing accident.

Wolves track is normally well prepared but they cocked up last night. Think there was too much dirt and the late September temperatures meant the track held the moisture which made it grippy and patchy in the wrong places.

Tungate lifted and was out of shape when he collected Jacob. The only reason why Jacob crashed.

Both Wolves and Swindon struggled with track prep last night. Weather conditions to blame, pure and simple.

Can we please somehow get this freak FredFlange banned???

All he does is come on and moan about the Wolves track irrelevant of what meeting it is!

Now he is backed up by the Poole troll..... yes Poole .... one of the worst tracks in the league lol.

If people think speedway is all about just going flat out then they are clueless.

If your just a throttle jockey then you will struggle at Monmore you need to have an ability to use the throttle both ways.

Some riders just can't adapt

Oh and the track was difficult last night because of the rain same as it was at Swindon.....

• Like 1

Belle Vue have a great chance but all the pressure will be on them. If Masters can buck up then Wolves still have a chance. Lindgren needs to max really. Regarding the Tungate/Thorsell crash, Tungate was a bit hairy in other rides but in this one he didn't have a lot of choice in my view as JT was locking up to exit the corner.

No, you're not the only one, I posted as much earlier on the BV vs Wolves thread.

• Like 2

I think that is exactly what happened. I said as much to a Wolves supporter next to me after seeing it replayed on the big screen. We had an interesting but ultimately friendly exchange of views. :lol: Just so unfortunate that the crash resulted in Thorsell's injury.

• Like 2

Not really the right thread, but some more on the Lakeside story here, as some obviously missed the news last week.

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/sport/lakeside-hammers-want-top-flight-return-1-5203815

How does that fit in with promotion and relegation? :cry::nono:

Tungate lifted and was out of shape when he collected Jacob. The only reason why Jacob crashed.

You realise the crash was shown on TV right? And it's on YouTube for people to watch over and over again? And Tungate did NOT lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qextz0jJmQM Watch at 2h 26m and 9s and it shows Thorsell leaning over Tungate, which he's entitled to do but it does show its a 50/50 incident.

The more I watch it, the more I think I'd have excluded Thorssell actually.

Edited by SCB

Tungate definately decides to get of the bike early when he thinks he is in trouble.Dont know what Greaves was complaining about he was pulling lockers on that bend all night.You can see the riders with bike handling skills when a track is a little tricky.