British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

We need a 10 to 12 point lead on Monday to have any chance on Wednesday.

In my mind belle Vue were always favourites to go through and if Bewley scores like that again we have little chance.

In my mind there are no favourites at this stage.Both teams on paper look very even.

Its all about how things go on the night.The weather how the track is some will score better if its dry others will score better if it is wet getting bike set ups right etc.We have a good record at Wolves but look what happened in last years final.

Last night Bewley was on fire Worrall looked like he was on a lawn mower on a different night things could be very different.

so we have 2 very even teams I for one cannot pick a winner at this stage its all down to what happens on the night/nights and this is what makes it a cracking contest may the best team win.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 5

The league table would point to Wolves being favorites surely as they finished above us after a full campaign? Having said that the tie could go either way, Nathan Greaves could be correct saying it could come down to the reserves, Wolves have two that will pick up the odd points that could make the difference, we have Dan and really no one else, both sides are capable of going well on each others track, but we are talking Belle Vue and the play offs here :lol:

Edited by bellevueace

The league table would point to Wolves being favorites surely as they finished above us after a full campaign? Having said that the tie could go either way, Nathan Greaves could be correct saying it could come down to the reserves, Wolves have two that will pick up the odd points that could make the difference, we have Dan and really no one else, both sides are capable of going well on each others track, but we are talking Belle Vue and the play offs here :lol:

And the averages too, Wolves team adds up to 47.44, Belle Vue is 43.98.

Wolves team is stronger at every position apart from number 6.

• Like 1

I would say Wolves are clear favourites, Bewley is by far the best reserve in the league and he goes well at Monmore so with him in form they have a chance but Wolves should be able to build a sizeable advantage with most of their team in good form.

At this point in time Wolves are definitely the favourites, be interesting to see if it turns out that way.

• Like 1

At this point in time Wolves are definitely the favourites, be interesting to see if it turns out that way.

How are Wolves favorites??

Belle Vue 53-40 Wolves

Belle Vue 54-38 Wolves

Wolves 49-41 Belle Vue

Wolves 48-42 Belle Vue

Those scores this season tell me that Belle Vue are the favorites

• Like 1

Belle Vue 53-40 Wolves

Belle Vue 54-38 Wolves

Wolves 49-41 Belle Vue

Wolves 48-42 Belle Vue

Stats do not always tell the full story, Bookies agree Wolves are favourites.

There's pointers to say that both teams should be labelled the "favourites". That then says to me that this tie is pretty much 50/50 And will be decided by small margins.

• Like 4

There's pointers to say that both teams should be labelled the "favourites". That then says to me that this tie is pretty much 50/50 And will be decided by small margins.

Yep, fair enough. I would have the Aces down as marginal favourites (innate pessimism, perhaps!) as they seem to go that little bit better at Monmore than Wolves do at the NSS (Wolves needed a tactical ride in each of the away matches, coming up with a win and a second place). But there doesn't appear to be all that much in it either way. Hoping for two full teams and a brace of excellent matches.

• Like 2

On paper yes. Stats tho over the year between both teams have seen the Aces win over 2 legs on both occasions.

Belle Vue 53-40 Wolves

Belle Vue 54-38 Wolves

Wolves 49-41 Belle Vue

Wolves 48-42 Belle Vue

Just on current form i feel Wolves edge it over BV and Swindon.

Just on current form i feel Wolves edge it over BV and Swindon.

I feel whoever wins this tie, will beat Swindon in the final as their form seems to have dropped slightly.

• Like 2

I feel whoever wins this tie, will beat Swindon in the final as their form seems to have dropped slightly.

Completely agree, not to mention Doyle will have his coronation as World Champ on his mind - and who can blame him!