British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

With all the abuse directed at Kirky Lane Superguest I think theres many that would have liked to have seen Belle Vue close down too, yes it was bobbins but it saved the club, going back to the days of the likes of Hyde Road, Newport, Crayford etc all different types of tracks and surfaces etc I cant remember any fans of any club going on about tracks as many seem to do today. In the words of the great Ivan Mauger they are all there to be ridden.

No genuine speedway fan wants clubs closing down. I have now been to more defunct tracks that are currently racing ! I didn't mind Kirky Lane, with Sam and Ronnie we used to win there quite often. :D

With all the abuse directed at Kirky Lane Superguest I think theres many that would have liked to have seen Belle Vue close down too, yes it was bobbins but it saved the club, going back to the days of the likes of Hyde Road, Newport, Crayford etc all different types of tracks and surfaces etc I cant remember any fans of any club going on about tracks as many seem to do today. In the words of the great Ivan Mauger they are all there to be ridden.

I guess you are correct about the abuse KL got. Personally I didnt mind it; other than the fact it often favoured gate 4 and we used to go there at midday when it was too dusty. We used to appreciate the grassy knowl ;)

Seen a few on BT but that's beside the point.

Howarth could've had a season ending injury.

Thorssell we saw what happened there.

Sedgmen was lucky to escape.

Bewley injured.

Riders don't get injured frequently on other tracks.

I'm afraid that is the point. You are just an armchair critic otherwise.

• Like 1

Seen a few on BT but that's beside the point.

Howarth could've had a season ending injury.

Thorssell we saw what happened there.

Sedgmen was lucky to escape.

Bewley injured.

Riders don't get injured frequently on other tracks.

Riders get injured at every track in the league.! + afew lucky escapes at most tracks.Are you for real or just Sh#t stirring.
  • Like 1

SteveBrum and Gavan

Monmore Green is dangerous. I'm right and your wrong. End of.

There right your wrong.End of.

Oh I see your now apart of the FF abuse squad. In the words of a well known football manager 'I'd love it if we beat you!'

Sounds like a lot of Belle vue fans would be happy if Wolves closed down. What charming fans?!

P.S I'm sure the ones on here are only a minority in that respect but seemed like everyone tars wolves fans as all the same. I would never cheer a rider falling off. Infact; when Tungate went down a lot of wolves fans around me went 'not again!' rather than cheered because we weren't going to make the pub! The then seriousness of Jacobs injury then made people react when the white light exclusion came on.

He probably is FF.

When Stoke shut in the early 90's I regularly went to Belle Vue instead.

I couldn't believe how crap the track was, but.... Wolves is worse!

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't see why we have to hear the same thing again every 5 minutes. To provide balance, I used to stand next to a Belle Vue fan who lived in Stoke. He started going to Wolves, and then as he liked it, he went to Belle Vue and Wolves every week. He was able to enjoy both.

Firstly we acknowledged Kirky Lane was crap and wer,nt always on here defending the place, we were under no illusions about the dog track, and as for witnessing a few years of decent racing have you forgotten Hyde Road? That made the dog track all the more galling. The dog track served its purpose it kept the club alive.

Haven't forgotten Hyde Road at all - its a shame it was lost to the sport.

Laughing at crashes and brum likes it?

You wolves fans, what are you like!

Hi Fred .......wonderful assessment of my post - not - the subtlety of it was obviously lost on you - each to his own

8 riders injured or withdrawn following crashes over the last 8 meetings. Whether it's the riders, the bikes, the track surface or shape, it needs discussing.

Putting your hands over your ears and humming is a slap in the face to those injured riders and more importantly those who will suffer the same fate in the future.

It's not about blame or a mine's bigger than your's contest, it's about rider safety.

8 riders injured or withdrawn following crashes over the last 8 meetings. Whether it's the riders, the bikes, the track surface or shape, it needs discussing.

Putting your hands over your ears and humming is a slap in the face to those injured riders and more importantly those who will suffer the same fate in the future.

It's not about blame or a mine's bigger than your's contest, it's about rider safety.

I agree it's about rider safety every time, be interesting to know what the riders actually think as I don't hear any negatives from them.

My own view is that it takes skill to ride a small track and throttle jockeys with limited bike skills will struggle especially when it's heavy and wet, Tungate a prime example but not on his own, it's not like the old days when riders only ever visited an away track once a year and never got the chance to properly familiarise them selves with tracks, modern times all riders visit all tracks quite often and have no excuse except lack of talent

• Like 2

I'm afraid that is the point. You are just an armchair critic otherwise.

As I said I'm right.

Riders get injured at every track in the league.! + afew lucky escapes at most tracks.Are you for real or just Sh#t stirring.

Not every week at the same track they don't. Monmore is a joke.

Your right there wrong.End of.

I know.

I'm not a fan of tight tracks,i prefer fast and flowing.There is no doubt the Wolves track is trick.It's won track of the season plenty of times..But if it's not in ideal condition, because of weather,it can bite riders.

As I said I'm right.

Not every week at the same track they don't. Monmore is a joke.

Your Wrong.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

The change in machinery over recent times has made monmore a dangerous track these days. It's nicely prepared but the modern speedway bike is just far too powerful.

There were more accidents at monmore on Monday than the entire season at the NSS, and I include the national league in that. Those facts speak for themselves.

I have to say another shocking display from the wolves fans after the bv riders falling but after last season and ones gone by, I can't say I'm surprised.

It'll be last visit to monmore and it's not a day too soon.

• Like 1