British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

I agree it's about rider safety every time, be interesting to know what the riders actually think as I don't hear any negatives from them.

My own view is that it takes skill to ride a small track and throttle jockeys with limited bike skills will struggle especially when it's heavy and wet, Tungate a prime example but not on his own, it's not like the old days when riders only ever visited an away track once a year and never got the chance to properly familiarise them selves with tracks, modern times all riders visit all tracks quite often and have no excuse except lack of talent

Have to agree some modern day riders just don't have the throttle control to adjust to tight tracks and conditions.Machinary changes don't help,but with the right set ups they should be able to adapt.e.gFricke had it Sussed by the end of the meeting.Tungate hadn't a clue all night if you watch the Video,the bike was just taking him all over the place.Nothing wrong with Monmore IMO .

The change in machinery over recent times has made monmore a dangerous track these days. It's nicely prepared but the modern speedway bike is just far too powerful.

There were more accidents at monmore on Monday than the entire season at the NSS, and I include the national league in that. Those facts speak for themselves.

I have to say another shocking display from the wolves fans after the bv riders falling but after last season and ones gone by, I can't say I'm surprised.

It'll be last visit to monmore and it's not a day too soon.

Wrong. What makes any track dangerous is a riders lack of ability. Examples, Fricke and Worral, no problem, Tungate all over the shop and a danger to other riders including his own team mates.

• Like 1

Wrong.

Heat 13 v Swindon, unless you don't count a rider injuring himself? In any case it is stupid to suggest lindgren lacks ability, well I think it is anyway.

Worrall, Cook and Tungate have all proven they can score well at Monmore yet all had falls. Cook and Worrall have both had lots of experience of small tight tracks as their home track, so it seems ridiculous to suggest they don't have the ability to ride them in all conditions or have no throttle control.

• Like 1

When Stoke shut in the early 90's I regularly went to Belle Vue instead.

I couldn't believe how crap the track was, but.... Wolves is worse!

A Stoke fan talking about a crap track, you can't make it up sometimes.

Pure comedy gold.

SteveBrum and Gavan

Monmore Green is dangerous. I'm right and your wrong. End of.

Your a multi poster who changes teams to suit.

All completely wrong.

Ended.

It has been said Tungate, Cook and Worrall all have ridden Monmore well in the past so it isnt the shape of the track that is the problem. In my view it was over riding in conditions that were extra grippy due to the rain, probably the same reason as why there were many crashes at Swindon.

A Stoke fan talking about a crap track, you can't make it up sometimes.

Pure comedy gold.

Ended.

I suspect that most people would think that someone with a lot of experience of watching Speedway at a crap track is more qualified to pass judgement. He has a benchmark against which to judge the others. :lol:

Worrall, Cook and Tungate have all proven they can score well at Monmore yet all had falls. Cook and Worrall have both had lots of experience of small tight tracks as their home track, so it seems ridiculous to suggest they don't have the ability to ride them in all conditions or have no throttle control.

While Tungate has ability he was liability on Monday,watch his races he was like junior IMO ,he should have no excuses with the years he has been riding.
  • Like 1

While Tungate has ability he was liability on Monday,watch his races he was like junior IMO ,he should have no excuses with the years he has been riding.

Yes Tungate has ability he has proved in the past that he can score points at Wolves.

So does that say Tungate has suddenly gone crap or that of late that the track is crap and not a patch on what it once was.?

Yes Tungate has ability he has proved in the past that he can score points at Wolves.So does that say Tungate has suddenly gone crap or that of late that the track is crap and not a patch on what it once was.?

In general riders were getting round Ok.,track wasn't that bad IMO .
  • Like 1

In general riders were getting round Ok.,track wasn't that bad IMO .

Dont think there was a single race where at least one riders didnt lock up mid corner or straighten up and run wide due to track conditions.

• Like 1

Dont think there was a single race where at least one riders didnt lock up mid corner or straighten up and run wide due to track conditions.

Only my opinion,I have witnessed same type of track conditions at several tracks over my years of attending speedway.Riders have adjust and get on with it.

The problem is the number of injuries whatever the conditions compared to other tracks in the pl. When Howarth and Shanes got injured the track conditions looked completely different to Monday.

Thats just down to luck or bad luck in some cases,Speedway is a dangerous sport.If track conditions and you override you crash,if track conditions are tricky you overide you crash! What's the difference.Throttle control and Skill IMO . Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

Well when somebody's career gets ended early on that terrible track maybe f​orever blue and stevebrum's will change their mind.

End of the day. The track is rubbish always has and always will be.

Prepared good i'll give you that but that's as far as it goes. All of those British final's that dragged on and on around Monmore has now switched to a proper race track and the meeting's are great.

Edited by Brandon Bob