British Speedway Forum
Ace no.5

Wolves Vs Belle Vue, 25/9/17, Playoff Semi Final Leg 1.

Well when somebody's career gets ended early on that terrible track maybe f​orever blue and stevebrum's will change their mind.

End of the day. The track is rubbish always has and always will be.

Prepared good i'll give you that but that's as far as it goes. All of those British final's that dragged on and on around Monmore has now switched to a proper race track and the meeting's are great.

Darcy Ward's career was ended at a Polish track. Accidents happen at every track.

• Like 1

The problem is the number of injuries whatever the conditions compared to other tracks in the pl. When Howarth and Shanes got injured the track conditions looked completely different to Monday.

The track has no part to play in those crashes. Howarth tried to go round Andersen and he hit his back wheel. Greaves and Shanes both riding mid track into the 2nd bend..someone was always going to fall off if the rider on the outside then turns in as the rider on the inside is still going straight.

• Like 1

Plenty of spare seats on friday at the NSS i hear. Have they lost their faith in the team

Probably plastic fans more like.

Poor show by the BV fans the stadium has been wasted on them ..there again any sign of rain and they won't be able to get the meeting on anyhow

Darcy Ward's career was ended at a Polish track. Accidents happen at every track.

They do, quite right.

Poor show by the BV fans the stadium has been wasted on them ..there again any sign of rain and they won't be able to get the meeting on anyhow

Says the man who attends a sparse Abbey Stadium

Thats just down to luck or bad luck in some cases,Speedway is a dangerous sport.If track conditions and you override you crash,if track conditions are tricky you overide you crash! What's the difference.Throttle control and Skill IMO .

When Jason Doyle fell during the previous TV match I thought there's a rider that once he improves his skill and throttle control he'll go a long way.

Edited by ouch
  • Like 4

When Jason Doyle fell during the previous TV match I thought there's a rider that once he improves his skill and throttle control he'll go a long way.

Was that the track's fault or over riding on a tac sub.

I suspect that most people would think that someone with a lot of experience of watching Speedway at a crap track is more qualified to pass judgement. He has a benchmark against which to judge the others. :lol:

so I won't even go there with Kirky lane fans then lol :wink:

Well when somebody's career gets ended early on that terrible track maybe f​orever blue and stevebrum's will change their mind.

End of the day. The track is rubbish always has and always will be.

You perhaps need to think before you post in future.

Ask yourself where riders careers have ended early or terminated at before you make another nonsensical post.

End of the day riders like riding a well prepared track and will always relish coming to Wolves.

Edited by stevebrum

so I won't even go there with Kirky lane fans then lol :wink:

You perhaps need to think before you post in future.

Ask yourself where riders careers have ended early or terminated at before you make another nonsensical post.

End of the day riders like riding a well prepared track and will always relish coming to Wolves.

Monmore is a joke and always will be.

Monmore is a joke and always will be.

So you keep saying. But your flawed point is beyond nonsense.

Other tracks must be more dangerous if riders have had their 'careers ended early'. Scunthorpe, Zielona Gora, Rybnik using your logic are worse than Wolves then I guess.

That's if you had a logic that meant anything.

So you keep saying. But your flawed point is beyond nonsense.

Other tracks must be more dangerous if riders have had their 'careers ended early'. Scunthorpe, Zielona Gora, Rybnik using your logic are worse than Wolves then I guess.

That's if you had a logic that meant anything.

You will stick up for your club. I've got my opinion and you have yours. Best leave it there otherwise it will drag on and on.

You will stick up for your club. I've got my opinion and you have yours. Best leave it there otherwise it will drag on and on.

Your opinion is that the track is dangerous and it will cause a life changing injury.

You just choose to ignore tracks that that has happened at.

As that hasn't happened at Wolves your opinion is completely flawed and biased.

Still, it's just my opinion.

If you had something constructive to say I might just give it the respect it would deserve.

I've already said racing is better at the NSS and brilliant at Somerset and Peterborough.

That's what you call an unbiased opinion. Give it a try sometime.

• Like 2

A Stoke fan talking about a crap track, you can't make it up sometimes.

Pure comedy gold.

That comment tells me all I need to know about your intellectual capacity...

The comparison with Stoke was from the 80's/90's as I'd explained, comparing the BV dog track with what I'd seen at Stoke.

If you are saying that Stoke is now poor then that is something we can agree on.

Back in the day though it was a very good racing strip and even now is a better shape than the Wolves tricktrack.

That comment tells me all I need to know about your intellectual capacity...

The comparison with Stoke was from the 80's/90's as I'd explained, comparing the BV dog track with what I'd seen at Stoke.

If you are saying that Stoke is now poor then that is something we can agree on.

Back in the day though it was a very good racing strip and even now is a better shape than the Wolves tricktrack.

When Loomer Road was built were there any restrictions on what could be done ?