British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies 2018

Tony Mole is a very successful businessman he will speak to anyone with money

Exactly hence why he wont speak to Horton lol look at his history with speedway teams and financial postition

• Like 2

So if Ive decyphered the clues correctly, opposite the grandstand will be the back "straightaway" and that no future riders whose names contain more than 2 syllables will be signed because he won't be able to pronounce them?

Seems like the Brummies have been sold subject to BSPA approval. More details released tomorrow

A world champion , a presenter and a team manager ?????

There is someone that fits all of those criteria.

World Champion, could be World Longtrack Champion

Presenter, BT speedway presenter.

Team Manager; Lakeside manager is a former World Longtrack champion and TV presenter on BT.

Could it be the one and only Kelvin Tatum

A world champion , a presenter and a team manager ?????

They seems to be favourites, ah well all will be revealed tomorrow

They seems to be favourites, ah well all will be revealed tomorrow

I believe its revealed next Wednesday but its not Mick Horton

I believe its revealed next Wednesday but its not Mick Horton

The post on Facebook just said "Wednesday" without being specific about which Wednesday...not "this" Wednesday and not "next" Wednesday either.

I'm not sure that the dickie tickers of the average aged Brummies fans can take the strain if it is indeed next Wednesday.

Club Statement

BIRMINGHAM Speedway are delighted to confirm a deal is in place for the sale of the club.

Current owner Tony Mole has successfully concluded negotiations as he prepares to step down from the sport after 50 years.

The news will be welcomed by Brummies supporters who have been patiently waiting for news on the club’s future.

And we can confirm the new owners will be unveiled at Mole's Farewell meeting at Perry Barr next Wednesday, October 11, when they face Coventry.

Said Mole: "I'm very pleased to have agreed terms with the people who I had previously identified as the 'favoured party.'

"I can assure supporters that they are business people of substance. I was never willing to sell the club to anybody unless I was certain they had the very best interests of Birmingham Speedway at heart and just as importantly, had the chance to achieve it.

"It's not an easy thing to manage a club of Birmingham's size and run your own business as well.

"But I have full confidence that the two parties involved will make a success of the Brummies - and there's nothing I'd love more for them to make the club even more successful than I have been able to in my time here.

"They've got a lot of hard work to do, but both myself and Graham Drury (current team boss) have tried to point them in the right direction where possible and they were very keen to seek advice which I usually find is a very good sign.

"They've outlined a certain vision for the future of the club and it was very encouraging to hear their fresh ideas of routes they may want to go down to try and build the club back up even more once again.

"I always felt confident that someone would come along who fitted the bill and that they would be the right people to take the job on.

"Contracts have been signed, but we must stress that this is all due to BSPA approval and they are due to go in front of management committee towards the end of the month, but I don't envisage one single problem there at all.

"We have agreed to keep their identities hidden until my final meeting at Perry Barr against Coventry next Wednesday.

"This is because they are very excited to meet the Birmingham supporters and we want our loyal fans to hear from them before anyone else.

"This is a big relief for myself, as I'm sure it will be for everyone else connected with the Brummies, and I can assure supporters that we have been very genuinely impressed with the parties involved and the future should be an exciting one.

"We hope people will turn out in big numbers at Perry Barr next Wednesday and make the new owners instantly feel at home."

Many thanks to all of the supporters of other clubs who have taken the trouble to wish us well.

It has been an anxious time for us, and although I was always confident that TM would see us right, there was always the niggling worry that things might go awry.

Tony, Denise and Graham should not go without knowing how much their efforts on behalf of our Brummies has been appreciated. I wish all three of them good luck in their retirement. They have earned it!

Should be a great evening with the Bees in town and return of BB and Smolinski. I hear on the grapevine that your favourite Centre Green man will be back with the visiting supporters. Sorry that the music presentation team of old will be overseas on the night, but wish all the best for a great evening and send off for Tony.