British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies 2018

They seems to be favourites, ah well all will be revealed tomorrow

Dam must wait another week to find out who the new owner is,

The world champion and tv presenter (ish) coupled with the location made me think of Ermo. Good news who ever it is.

• Like 1

Really pleased for the Brummies fans. These are dark days for the sport in the UK and some good news is always welcome.

Just had a local free paper delivered and the news doesn't look so good for the heathens

Just had a local free paper delivered and the news doesn't look so good for the heathens

Yes, things seem to be looking a bit bleak for the Heathens at the moment. As a lifelong Birmingham supporter whose interest in speedway goes way beyond that of my own team, I take no pleasure whatsoever in reading this news and very much hope that a way can be found to keep Cradley Heath in action next season and beyond.

There are some very juvenile comments about Birmingham on Facebook, but we should ignore these - they do not represent the views of the majority of Cradley people. We all have the odd few who go out of their way to be offensive, and this will probably never change. Very best wishes to Cradley Heath and their loyal fans.

• Like 2

Defo tatum and pearson for brummies then if pearson is leaving heathens

I had sympathy for the cradley fans but there spitefulness towards opposing fans particularly Birmingham supporters and there constant whinging that perry barr is rubbish as an alternative track i have little to no sympathy left .

I am not surprised at all that Nigel has had enough of the fans constantly moaning and whinging come to Birmingham nigel and kelv and you will be loved

The world champion and tv presenter (ish) coupled with the location made me think of Ermo. Good news who ever it is.

The other names, I would add as possibles

Tai

Scott Nicholls

Rob Lyon

And maybe Laurence Rogers

I reckon it's Wilf O'Reilly and Cat Deeley.

But what do I know,

• Like 2

I reckon it's Wilf O'Reilly and Cat Deeley.

But what do I know,

If it's Wilf then the brummies could be on " thin ice" :D

• Like 1

Defo tatum and pearson for brummies then if pearson is leaving heathens

If they going to be at Perry Barr next Weds whose going to be commentating at Leicester v Sheffield on BT..

If they going to be at Perry Barr next Weds whose going to be commentating at Leicester v Sheffield on BT..

Wilf O'Reilly and Cat Deeley?

• Like 2

This bit about "former world champion" etc has not come from any official sources though has it? What the official press release says is that ""I can assure supporters that they are business people of substance... not easy thing to manage a club of Birmingham's size and run your own business as well."

Do the front runners in the gossip stakes (Ermolenko, Tatum, Pearson, O'Reilly and Deeley) qualify as "business people of substance"?

Oh, yes, "business people of substance"...where have we heard that before?

• Like 1

Oh, yes, "business people of substance"...where have we heard that before?

Those two noggins who ultimately couldn't run a pi$$ up in a brewery?

What the official press release says is that ""I can assure supporters that they are business people of substance... not easy thing to manage a club of Birmingham's size and run your own business as well"

Well, now I've read that, I'm hoping a snippet of info I heard a couple of months ago is correct. Think of someone who was heavily involved with the club not so long ago, and does (or until very recently did) run their own business. And very successfully too, apparently. :wink:

Edited by Leicester Hunter
  • Like 2