British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies 2018

Brummies to remain in the 3rd Division next year. At least this thread is in the right place then lol.

Gobsmacked! :o when it was announced and to some degree I still am. It didn't help that David Rowe and Ryan Guest wound us up by announcing at various stages that Sam Ermolenko, Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tattum make their way to the pits :D:D . I had no idea it would be David Mason at all, they did well to keep it secret.

He said the Brummies would remain in the National League for 2018 with a view to moving up in 2019. There were a few people around me that didn't seem all that happy with that. Personally I thought we should have moved up for the 2017 season especially after having two very successful years in the National League back-to-back with title wins, however, I support fully David and Peter's decision to run the club in the National League next year. This is a big gamble for them, they dont even promotors licences yet so they are never gonna take another additional gamble by moving the club up when they have alot to learn. The goal has got to be moving up to the championship but only when we are ready to.

I wish them both well and they have my full support and hopefully the majority of Brummies fans. Fingers crossed we can have team challenging for the title next year!

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Still in shock tbh ???

Not sure how I feel ???

I back whoever's in charge, I just hope David's commitment to managing is more reliable than his commitment to riding is/was !

I have to say that I'm not enthused by another season of National League racing....although I understand that you have to walk before running!

The meeting last night reminded me of just how good speedway can be at Perry Barr.

Brilliant/breathtaking, racing at times!

Guest GiveusaB

The brummies are running next season, that is the most important thing.

You're right! It is the MOST important thing....but it's not the only thing ?

Attending this season has been through habit/loyalty.....but National League speedway doesn't do it for me anymore.....

Something has got to change....I bet I'm not the only supporter that thinks that!?

Well, didn't see that coming, everybody miles wide of the mark. Possibly the most uninpsiring rider I've ever seen on the track but that has absolutely zero correlation to being an owner so let's hope David (and his Dad) can help the Brummies thrive, best of luck gents.

More than happy with another season of NL, like most would rather be in a higher league but as I live out of the city and pick and choose my home meetings I tend to get to all the "big" ones so probably get a slightly blinkered view of it, but I don't mind it at all, and it's certainly the right move to make, walk before you can run as mentioned above is absolutely the right way to go, we've been punished for doing it the other way around before, we have to play the long game and wait for the right opportunity this time.

Onwards and upwards, bring on March.

• Like 1

Well, didn't see that coming, everybody miles wide of the mark. Possibly the most uninpsiring rider I've ever seen on the track but that has absolutely zero correlation to being an owner so let's hope David (and his Dad) can help the Brummies thrive, best of luck gents.

More than happy with another season of NL, like most would rather be in a higher league but as I live out of the city and pick and choose my home meetings I tend to get to all the "big" ones so probably get a slightly blinkered view of it, but I don't mind it at all, and it's certainly the right move to make, walk before you can run as mentioned above is absolutely the right way to go, we've been punished for doing it the other way around before, we have to play the long game and wait for the right opportunity this time.

Onwards and upwards, bring on March.

SGB update on David and Peter Mason regarding Birmingham:

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.33460

Not sure how I feel ???

Not sure how I feel either.

Look forward to hearing his plans on how to make speedway in Birmingham succeed, when the past few years it's just been treading water. Will judge when there is something to judge on.

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel either.

Look forward to hearing his plans on how to make speedway in Birmingham succeed, when the past few years it's just been treading water. Will judge when there is something to judge on.

Far from unique amongst speedway clubs!

So now we know its NL what we thinking

1. JPB 8.99

2.HAMPSHIRE 3.74

3 HALL 6.00

4. WALLINGER 5.64

5.HUME 7.33

6. KINSLEY 4.19

7.? 3.00

Assuming 39 points again

There is my early team pick might send it to dave mason

I would love Bacon and Carr back but dont think we can fit them in i also think Liam will maybe looking to ride in the tiers above NL ..

Edited by redandyellow

You're right! It is the MOST important thing....but it's not the only thing ?

Attending this season has been through habit/loyalty.....but National League speedway doesn't do it for me anymore.....

Something has got to change....I bet I'm not the only supporter that thinks that!?

Know exactly how you feel.

I feel the same about Kent.

Five years now of NL.

I was under the impression after two or three years in the NL,the Club would look to bring a better class of Speedway to CP.

Had enough of NL,but it looks the same again in 2018 :cry:

Kent definitely have the fan base and the facilities to move Up, but I can't see that happening with uncle Len running the show.