British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
uk_martin

Birmingham Brummies 2018

Kent definitely have the fan base and the facilities to move Up, but I can't see that happening with uncle Len running the show.

That is the reason the Club are standing still.

He leaves Rye House,and look at them now. :D

• Like 1

You're right! It is the MOST important thing....but it's not the only thing ?

Attending this season has been through habit/loyalty.....but National League speedway doesn't do it for me anymore.....

Something has got to change....I bet I'm not the only supporter that thinks that!?

Know exactly how you feel.

I feel the same about Kent.

Five years now of NL.

I was under the impression after two or three years in the NL,the Club would look to bring a better class of Speedway to CP.

Had enough of NL,but it looks the same again in 2018 :cry:

At least you have your own tracks,imagine what it's been like having to share for the last 8 years and the possibility of that ending .

Not sure how il feel if we finish, I've had enough of NL but that's the best we can ever hope for I suppose. Tbh though not sure how I'm feeling about speedway in general at the minute. Best of luck to the Brummies though

• Like 3

At least you have your own tracks,imagine what it's been like having to share for the last 8 years and the possibility of that ending .

From what i was hearing last night it doesnt look good for your lot .. Perry Barr is not an option for you and i am hearing with the top flight going to fixed nights there wont be enough spare evenings to accommodate you at monmore

Edited by redandyellow

Not sure how I feel either.

Look forward to hearing his plans on how to make speedway in Birmingham succeed, when the past few years it's just been treading water. Will judge when there is something to judge on.

Your chance to ask him tonight as he is our special guest on the speedway tavern

http://sports-radio.co.uk/

Know exactly how you feel.

I feel the same about Kent.

Five years now of NL.

I was under the impression after two or three years in the NL,the Club would look to bring a better class of Speedway to CP.

Had enough of NL,but it looks the same again in 2018 :cry:

This has been made so much more difficult for clubs to go up the leagues when NL clubs are no longer able to have assetts.

• Like 1

Far from unique amongst speedway clubs!

Indeed, but Birmingham is the 2nd city, that's the difference.

Some advice:never listen to a SCB Referee when he’s had a few drinks I was taken hook line and sinker when one told me the the new owners of Birmingham Speedway had experience in 3 areas of Speedway and then it was announced would Sam Ermolemko go to the pits after heat 6, then would Nigel Pearson go to the pits after heat 8, I just could not believe my eyes when David Mason took the Helmet off. But what a brilliant night of Speedway well done to all the riders and what a crowd just the sort of send off Tony Mole deserves, I was surprised how many Coventry fans were in attendance, really pleased it was Coventry and not Cradley

So now we know its NL what we thinking

1. JPB 8.99

2.HAMPSHIRE 3.74

3 HALL 6.00

4. WALLINGER 5.64

5.HUME 7.33

6. KINSLEY 4.19

7.? 3.00

Assuming 39 points again

There is my early team pick might send it to dave mason

I would love Bacon and Carr back but dont think we can fit them in i also think Liam will maybe looking to ride in the tiers above NL ..

With Hume on that average again almost guaranteed, youve got a brilliant start!

• Like 1

With the number times David Mason has missed meetings and rr has been used ...better check if promoter replacement is available on the weeks that it may be required

Lots of chatter about clubs in the N.L. moving upward. No one seems to consider the enormity of such a move financially, not to mention

the extra work involved in employing foreign riders who need collecting from airports week in week out among other things. And in the upper leagues,

no rider loyalty and no new local kids to watch progress and the admission prices are higher too which hurts families. KIds free at many NL tracks

including Kent. Their 8.30pm curfew can't help the attendances I would have thought. My own club, Lakeside, talk about returning to the top league

having already failed to make it pay at that level. Cannot see the sense of it. I have watched a lot of NL this season at Lakeside, Eastbourne and Kent

and when I read on this forum that people are fed up with the racing at this level, all I can say is that they have not been watching the meetings that I

have been to. Thoroughly enjoyable season for me, long may it continue.

• Like 4

How come this has turned into a Kent & Lakeside thread?

They are the ones who do all of the moaning! :D

• Like 1