British Speedway Forum

Good season despite missing out on play offs , keay said on the radio that already riders from the side this year have asked if they can stay and he's had riders from other clubs asking about next year , if anyone has anything to add on , add below

• Like 1

Well, there you have it. The Redcar resurgence is powering ahead. Riders asking to stay, and others asking to be part of the Bears team in 2018, augers very well.

Everything about the 2017 season, promotion, riders, entertaining racing, brought a 25% increase in crowd numbers. The Bears home crowd very much appreciated everything about the MPA set-up, and showed up in increasing numbers as the season went on.

There is no reason why 2018 can't be our best season in many years. UTB !!

Ben barker and red car seems a great match up. Ben at no1 and build your team around him

Personally wouldn't bother with garrity.

• Like 1

Ben barker and red car seems a great match up. Ben at no1 and build your team around him

Personally wouldn't bother with garrity.

Have to agree with that, would also say "thanks but no thanks", to Ellis Perks and Danny Ayres. Purely my opinion on that.

Think I would definitely keep Perks - career only seems to be going one way for me and didn't particularly struggle moving into the main body, especially at home.

Barker is a no brainer, and would be looking to keep Wright, Andersen and Busch. Would love to see Proctor back if we decide to get a sponsors licence.

Has been an excellent season and full marks to Kev/Jitendra. Was good to hear Kev sound so positive as well about the future. Just as important as riders wanting to come back was the fact he has sponsors already asking about next year as well. Will be interesting to see the makeup of the leagues next season - looks like a change of racenight for us next season?

• Like 1

Think I would definitely keep Perks - career only seems to be going one way for me and didn't particularly struggle moving into the main body, especially at home.

Barker is a no brainer, and would be looking to keep Wright, Andersen and Busch. Would love to see Proctor back if we decide to get a sponsors licence.

Has been an excellent season and full marks to Kev/Jitendra. Was good to hear Kev sound so positive as well about the future. Just as important as riders wanting to come back was the fact he has sponsors already asking about next year as well. Will be interesting to see the makeup of the leagues next season - looks like a change of racenight for us next season?

Would struggle to fit that team in terms of averages, realistically its either perks or JBA, if you had both that would mean Tobi in main body and 2 young 2/3 pointers at reserve, and look how that worked out for Newcastle this year

True - and would be a tough choice to pick between JBA and Perks. Aim should definitely be to try and get Busch in at reserve (and injury free!).

Would struggle to fit that team in terms of averages, realistically its either perks or JBA, if you had both that would mean Tobi in main body and 2 young 2/3 pointers at reserve, and look how that worked out for Newcastle this year

alternatively look at how the Hume/Mountain Greaves/Mountain set up has worked out at Ipswich.

And actually Newcastle may have worked out a whole lot better had Phillips stayed fit as he was showing good signs.

If the pair are good enough it works and if not it wont.

• Like 1

Barker is a no brainer for Redcar need to get him signed up ASAP.

Garrity and Ayres wouldn't be missed although did well in spells. Missed too many meetings for various reasons.

JBA has stagnated. Could maybe benefit from a lone spell somewhere.

Busch looks far better than his average, at least at home.

Perks is a dilemma. Rapid improvement or an average he can't really improve on much. Not sure.

Wright is worth another shot but was more consistent for Somerset.

Three potential target for Redcar should be Proctor, Lunna and Pickering. Picko didn't score too many points at Redcar but was consistently on the back wheel of the Redcar heat leaders. Much more to come from him.

Sorrry Boz, but have to disagree with you about Ellis Perks. He has been slowly descending, since coming out of the reserve berth. His home form has slightly declined, but his away form has been poor and he hasn't ridden, at some of the tougher venues, (Sheffield 0 matches, Ipswich 0 matches Glasgow 1match, Newcastle 1 match ). Overall, I think his home form would have to be outstanding, to compensate for his away performances and it isn't. Riders I would be looking at in his role would be Jye Etheridge or Jacob Bukhave., or maybe Paul Starke if you were putting together a strength in depth team. To me, he just looked like he was going slowly backwards, but hey just my opinion.

True - and would be a tough choice to pick between JBA and Perks. Aim should definitely be to try and get Busch in at reserve (and injury free!).

JBA is an asset though. I'd also have Bukkhave - another asset. No loan fees.

Sorrry Boz, but have to disagree with you about Ellis Perks. He has been slowly descending, since coming out of the reserve berth. His home form has slightly declined, but his away form has been poor and he hasn't ridden, at some of the tougher venues, (Sheffield 0 matches, Ipswich 0 matches Glasgow 1match, Newcastle 1 match ). Overall, I think his home form would have to be outstanding, to compensate for his away performances and it isn't. Riders I would be looking at in his role would be Jye Etheridge or Jacob Bukhave., or maybe Paul Starke if you were putting together a strength in depth team. To me, he just looked like he was going slowly backwards, but hey just my opinion.

Would be dull if we all agreed all the time!

Bukhave impressed in the Silver Helmet, and depending on team building limits is one to look at definitely. The exciting thing is we now have riders actively wanting to come here.

From last / this season :-

Jason Garrity- Exciting to watch but inconsistent & injury prone next season. .??

Jonas B. - I think his machinery needs to be better next season. Another ??

Ben B. - Fabulous season. Definitely for next year

Charles- great season Definitely for next year

Ellis - dropped off a little after moving up , another whose machinery could be better . Next season yes

Tobias- starting next season starting at the same point as others will be fine.

Danny- I think that the travel was a lot for him , does he have any more improvements in him ??

Jakob- an asset who now looks like a rider..

A lot of this depends on the league set up etc, I do not want to see any more doubling up & a lot less guests.

Out of curiosity, how are crowds looking at Redcar these days? Are things picking up at all?

Out of curiosity, how are crowds looking at Redcar these days? Are things picking up at all?

Reported as being up 25%, but from a very poor attendance level the previous year.

Different atmosphere now, track has improved, more spirit at the track and their fans are now coming back to Brough for their away visit. Different attitudes and the return of many big sponsors have helped to get it back to where it used to be, but now without the idiots.

Worth a visit, and I stand with Bears fans by invitation. :D

• Like 2