British Speedway Forum

Well I reckon Kevin and Jittendra have done a great job. From what I hear they have really turned things around after the last couple of years.

I'm really pleased about that because, like Newcastle, they have some great Supporters who make you feel at home.

Best wishes to the 'Bears' for next Season, and Well Done this Season.

• Like 1

Too touchy CH. As a Diamond fan I have been very supportive of Redcar, and your promotion, and 'fueltaps' is only trying to quantify what a decent crowd at STMP is this season. You have done very well this year, and are even above us this year. :P

Look for the bigger picture.

sorry boys - time of the month

• Like 2

thank you.

Im very pleased to see it. I have only made 1 trip but liked what I saw. Its a decent set up with a track that can produce good races.

Id say somewhere around 750 makes 2nd tier speedway sustainable so that has to be good news.

To be honest, it was just about sustainable, on the 500s, we were getting, at the end of the Havelock era. Obviously sometimes it was more and sometimes it was less. Everything is so upbeat now, totally different, a breath of fresh air really.

• Like 1

So difficult to even estimate their average as I usually go for our 2 league meetings and a cup or friendly, and our travelling support used to almost double their crowds like last year. This year even with our visiting fans there, was a lot more of home fans and they usually quote the 25% increase which I think is about right. We usually give them their biggest gates.

Size or numbers are in the eyes of the beholder. One man's dick can be 10inches, as opposed to the actual 5 inches that others see. :D

So from your 2 to 4 meetings, you gave us all a lecture a few weeks ago of how many crashes the Redcar track has and on which part of it each season :blink:

• Like 1

When did Newcastle ever double our crowds , See Jitendra for som specs

All those inches he keeps talking about on here must have been getting in his eyes blocking his vision! ;)

Edited by Bellers101

During last year and the year before when numbers were disappearing every week. We turned up with our usual droves, and all you could see was black and whites. Even on here everyone was saying their concerns and worries with such a lack of support.

Typical of some Bears fans to deny the obvious, and not recognise the cracking support we have gave you over the years. But not returned at Brough of course.

NB Does Jitendra also do Dictionaries for spelling.

Numbers disappearing every week? How would you know if you only turned up a couple of times a year? Despite our dismal showing in the years before now, the attendances have stood up very well indeed, people are now returning and we are clearly getting better crowds than Newcastle. I am only basing that on one visit to the Greyhound stadium in the last two years, but if you can do that - then I guess it is good enough for everyone.

• Like 1

To be honest, it was just about sustainable, on the 500s, we were getting, at the end of the Havelock era. Obviously sometimes it was more and sometimes it was less. Everything is so upbeat now, totally different, a breath of fresh air really.

Don't forget that after Redcar finished bottom for the 2nd season running Brian H was quoted in the Speedway Star saying the club had made a profit! Even with the lower attendances.

• Like 1

During last year and the year before when numbers were disappearing every week. We turned up with our usual droves, and all you could see was black and whites. Even on here everyone was saying their concerns and worries with such a lack of support.

Typical of some Bears fans to deny the obvious, and not recognise the cracking support we have GAVE you over the years. But not returned at Brough of course.

NB Does Jitendra also do Dictionaries for spelling.

Given.

Numbers disappearing every week? How would you know if you only turned up a couple of times a year? Despite our dismal showing in the years before now, the attendances have stood up very well indeed, people are now returning and we are clearly getting better crowds than Newcastle. I am only basing that on one visit to the Greyhound stadium in the last two years, but if you can do that - then I guess it is good enough for everyone.

Try to use your brains for your replies. I am there more that once or twice, but my comments were made based on the regular contributors on Redcar threads expressing their dismay at the reducing number of fans on a weekly basis, when you were totally rubbish under Havvy. Let's not pretend it didn't happen because it did. I also talk to folks who did come down even when the Diamonds are not riding, and they confirmed your then worrying crowd levels. The new promotion came in just in time, as you could not have sustained speedway on the old numbers. I am pleased to see the reversal.

So from your 2 to 4 meetings, you gave us all a lecture a few weeks ago of how many crashes the Redcar track has and on which part of it each season :blink:

In your early days you had regular crashes of riders coming off the forth bend too fast, and going straight into the fence on the straight. Or are you denying that. I used to come down to see Glyn, and with riders that were living at our house, so I was a very frequent attendee.

Sounds like Bewley out of Glasgow next season - could we replace Garrity with Bewley and keep pretty much the same side (2 pointer for Ayres?)?

In your early days you had regular crashes of riders coming off the forth bend too fast, and going straight into the fence on the straight. Or are you denying that. I used to come down to see Glyn, and with riders that were living at our house, so I was a very frequent attendee.

I used to stand in that area in the early days and now sit in the stand. I've missed maybe 5 meetings since the Redcar track opened so I'm pretty confident in saying " Yes, I do deny that statement". I think you originally brought the subject up in a way to say the Redcar track with the banking is dangerous as a dig because there isn't anything else to put the track down. I'm really racking my brains and the only incident I can think off is when Ben Wilson lost control coming out of bend 4 and ran heavily into the fence in 08/09. There may be a few others but I cant think of any (remind me). This season alone I can only think of Barker crashing in that area when been nudged by Howarth, though he fell down the straight and not into the fence. If you were talking about turn 2 maybe, but not 4.

Just to add, I'm thinking of the times an airfence had to be replaced after a crash and it always seems to be at 1 or 2, and i'm sure you said 1 and 2 were proper corners.

I used to stand in that area in the early days and now sit in the stand. I've missed maybe 5 meetings since the Redcar track opened so I'm pretty confident in saying " Yes, I do deny that statement". I think you originally brought the subject up in a way to say the Redcar track with the banking is dangerous as a dig because there isn't anything else to put the track down. I'm really racking my brains and the only incident I can think off is when Ben Wilson lost control coming out of bend 4 and ran heavily into the fence in 08/09. There may be a few others but I cant think of any (remind me). This season alone I can only think of Barker crashing in that area when been nudged by Howarth, though he fell down the straight and not into the fence. If you were talking about turn 2 maybe, but not 4.

Just to add, I'm thinking of the times an airfence had to be replaced after a crash and it always seems to be at 1 or 2, and i'm sure you said 1 and 2 were proper corners.

I have seen many bad crashes coming off the 4th bend. I can recall 2 in particular when Josh Auty(riding for the Bears) overdid it and couldn't get it back on line and went straight into the straight fence. Another was a junior carrying too much speed. I have also seen juniors in the NJL hit it hard.

You can't judge the number of accidents on the number of air bags damaged. For a start there isn't any on the home straights part, something I think is unsafe and you should have about 3 panels to cover the accidents we are talking about. A similar track pits exit like Glasgow does have them there, and I am amazed you are not required to have at least three there. I think 1 and 2 are proper corners and can have good race lines. There is a lot of drive normally, and can see some decent overtakes with inside and on the outside.

Gary Irving had a massive smash coming off the fourth bend, was amazed when he walked back to pits.

Gary Irving had a massive smash coming off the fourth bend, was amazed when he walked back to pits.

cheeky cobra must have missed that meeting.

I have seen many bad crashes coming off the 4th bend. I can recall 2 in particular when Josh Auty(riding for the Bears) overdid it and couldn't get it back on line and went straight into the straight fence. Another was a junior carrying too much speed. I have also seen juniors in the NJL hit it hard.

You can't judge the number of accidents on the number of air bags damaged. For a start there isn't any on the home straights part, something I think is unsafe and you should have about 3 panels to cover the accidents we are talking about. A similar track pits exit like Glasgow does have them there, and I am amazed you are not required to have at least three there. I think 1 and 2 are proper corners and can have good race lines. There is a lot of drive normally, and can see some decent overtakes with inside and on the outside.

The worst crashes coming off the fourth bend were from dirty riding - with the disgusting Richie Worrall involved in more than one...

And Glyn Taylor - horrible little man who almost sent our club to the wall, and who ruined the track. He had to put the kerb in but it went too far out out the first bend and ruined the line. It stopped the ability to straighten up mid corner of bend one and have the long blast around three and four, the Matty T masterclass. Nobody took bends 3 and 4 better than him....(Jason Crump and Tai Woffinden aside)