British Speedway Forum

I have seen many bad crashes coming off the 4th bend. I can recall 2 in particular when Josh Auty(riding for the Bears) overdid it and couldn't get it back on line and went straight into the straight fence. Another was a junior carrying too much speed. I have also seen juniors in the NJL hit it hard.

You can't judge the number of accidents on the number of air bags damaged. For a start there isn't any on the home straights part, something I think is unsafe and you should have about 3 panels to cover the accidents we are talking about. A similar track pits exit like Glasgow does have them there, and I am amazed you are not required to have at least three there. I think 1 and 2 are proper corners and can have good race lines. There is a lot of drive normally, and can see some decent overtakes with inside and on the outside.

Those two and the Gary Irvine crash doesn't amount to loads. Obviously there has to be some, but over 12 seasons they have been rare. Back to the original point, the banked turns are no more dangerous than flat corners (that's why I said theres more crashes on 1 and 2 than 3 and 4. Sort of agree with an airfence down the pit wall bit, but I'm guessing that that might cause more accidents if a rider riding the wide line might tag it and fall. Maybe 1 but 3 would be going to far.

Those two and the Gary Irvine crash doesn't amount to loads. Obviously there has to be some, but over 12 seasons they have been rare. Back to the original point, the banked turns are no more dangerous than flat corners (that's why I said theres more crashes on 1 and 2 than 3 and 4. Sort of agree with an airfence down the pit wall bit, but I'm guessing that that might cause more accidents if a rider riding the wide line might tag it and fall. Maybe 1 but 3 would be going to far.

I do tend to agree - definitely been more crashes into 1 and 2. A lot of the time due to a rider behind generating speed coming out of four and trying to divebomb past somebody.

Sounds like Bewley out of Glasgow next season - could we replace Garrity with Bewley and keep pretty much the same side (2 pointer for Ayres?)?

Yes. Going by issue 43 of the averages. Bewley for Garrity and a 2 pointer for Ayres would come to 39.95 so assuming 40 point limit of course. We do still have 2 away fixtures to fulfil so this could change (as both are away fixtures would expect our averages to drop slightly (?) possibly giving more leeway.)

PS can we please stop this inane 'your track is more dangerous than our track' garbage. All Speedway tracks are inherently dangerous - it's the nature of the sport in case you hadn't noticed!

Edited by Boothers
  • Like 4

The worst crashes coming off the fourth bend were from dirty riding - with the disgusting Richie Worrall involved in more than one...

And Glyn Taylor - horrible little man who almost sent our club to the wall, and who ruined the track. He had to put the kerb in but it went too far out out the first bend and ruined the line. It stopped the ability to straighten up mid corner of bend one and have the long blast around three and four, the Matty T masterclass. Nobody took bends 3 and 4 better than him....(Jason Crump and Tai Woffinden aside)

That'll be the Glyn Taylor who crafted the track for you, and was responsible for making a decent racing track in the early days. Given your history I don't think many Bears fans would agree with you, as many people moaned the fact that he wasn't there to get a decent track back. It has improved this year.

Think you need to recount your corners as in my experience it is the first bend that seems to trouble your riders when Richie is about, notably with Kus and Summers. Shouts of "hope you broke your fu*king neck' from the bar terraces, which is on the 1st bend not the 4th bend. Disgusting.

Edited by Tsunami

Yes. Going by issue 43 of the averages. Bewley for Garrity and a 2 pointer for Ayres would come to 39.95 so assuming 40 point limit of course. We do still have 2 away fixtures to fulfil so this could change (as both are away fixtures would expect our averages to drop slightly (?) possibly giving more leeway.)

PS can we please stop this inane 'your track is more dangerous than our track' garbage. All Speedway tracks are inherently dangerous - it's the nature of the sport in case you hadn't noticed!

Usually stay out of this sort of thing, but just thought our track needed defending, as I don't think its anymore dangerous with the banking as any other track. I haven't mentioned Newcastles track btw. Ill leave it now for Bellers and Tsunami to keep the Redcar thread running until March :wub:

• Like 1

That'll be the Glyn Taylor who crafted the track for you, and was responsible for making a decent racing track in the early days. Given your history I don't think many Bears fans would agree with you, as many people moaned the fact that he wasn't there to get a decent track back. It has improved this year.

Think you need to recount your corners as in my experience it is the first bend that seems to trouble your riders when Richie is about, notably with Kus and Summers. Shouts of "hope you broke your fu*king neck' from the bar terraces, which is on the 1st bend not the 4th bend. Disgusting.

And the same Glyn Taylor who nearly sent the club into extinction? Yes. Yes he knew how to prepare a track, that doesnt mean we can forget what an odious little man he was who was happy for the club to go the wall when he couldnt figure out how to make a profit.

And when it comes to Worrall - fencing a rider on the home straight - some of the most blatant dirty riding you will ever see. And if Worrall doesnt want abuse from the terraces, he shouldnt hand it out on track.

And the same Glyn Taylor who nearly sent the club into extinction? Yes. Yes he knew how to prepare a track, that doesnt mean we can forget what an odious little man he was who was happy for the club to go the wall when he couldnt figure out how to make a profit.

And when it comes to Worrall - fencing a rider on the home straight - some of the most blatant dirty riding you will ever see. And if Worrall doesnt want abuse from the terraces, he shouldnt hand it out on track.

I am sorry to have to say this, but what a total yawn this is. I come on, hoping to find something remotely interesting and this is what you get. Very tedious.

• Like 4

I think Glyn Taylor is a great Trackman. The Track he built at Redcar was brilliant.

• Like 2

Cant believe anyone from Newcastle has the neck to slate any other track

• Like 4

Cant believe anyone from Newcastle has the neck to slate any other track

Not been to Brough for awhile then ? By choice it has dirt on it to improve the racing.

Anyway, better not talk about speedway, it's a Redcar thread.

Not been to Brough for awhile then ? By choice it has dirt on it to improve the racing.

Anyway, better not talk about speedway, it's a Redcar thread.

Yup was there for the Workington meeting.. less said about that the better..

Edinburgh when bend 3 was shocker.

Glasgow when bend 3-4 was shocking

Putting dirt on it doesnt make up for massive holes... its a joke in all honesty

• Like 4

how's your new trackman done this year? There was a few on here wanted Glyn back. But what I've read on here tracks been the best it been for a long while?

how's your new trackman done this year? There was a few on here wanted Glyn back. But what I've read on here tracks been the best it been for a long while?

Same track man as at Newcastle, Jonny Swales. :P

It's not the same trackman. The guy that did it this year is the one that did Coventry.