British Speedway Forum

Reported as being up 25%, but from a very poor attendance level the previous year.

Different atmosphere now, track has improved, more spirit at the track and their fans are now coming back to Brough for their away visit. Different attitudes and the return of many big sponsors have helped to get it back to where it used to be, but now without the idiots.

Worth a visit, and I stand with Bears fans by invitation. :D

Even in 2016 our crowds were better than Newcastle

Even in 2016 our crowds were better than Newcastle

No way.

and their fans are now coming back to Brough for their away visit.

They have only been the once this season and that was because they thought their team only had to turn up to collect all four points..... They even announced at the STMP on the previous Thursday that Lambert was not riding and we would have a National League rider at number 1 before it had been made public just to get more fans to travel up the A19 😉
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity, how are crowds looking at Redcar these days? Are things picking up at all?

Crowds are up for sure - very healthy levels.

On next year's team - fairly easy I would say, go for...

Barker, Wright, Anderson, Busch and Bukhave and then see what is left for last two spots.

• Like 1

'very healthy levels'

How many on average is that approximately then?

'very healthy levels'

How many on average is that approximately then?

So difficult to even estimate their average as I usually go for our 2 league meetings and a cup or friendly, and our travelling support used to almost double their crowds like last year. This year even with our visiting fans there, was a lot more of home fans and they usually quote the 25% increase which I think is about right. We usually give them their biggest gates.

Size or numbers are in the eyes of the beholder. One man's dick can be 10inches, as opposed to the actual 5 inches that others see. :D

Ben Barker

Tobias Busch

Paul Starke/Kenneth Hansen

Jonas B Andersen

Charles Wright

James Sarjeant

Liam Carr

Not sure about Sarjeant, never seems to go particularly well here from memory.

Starke is an interesting shout - has been impressive around here this year and was very keen to ride in Silver Helmet.

Not sure about Sarjeant, never seems to go particularly well here from memory.

Starke is an interesting shout - has been impressive around here this year and was very keen to ride in Silver Helmet.

Steal on 3.15 average in my opinion though, he has proved what he can do when he is treated properly, on his day can score double figures

To be honest, would not be surprised to see him at Glasgow next season.

• Like 1

A lot of this depends on the league set up etc, I do not want to see any more doubling up & a lot less guests.

If (as is widely being touted) the 1st division goes Monday / Thursday next season, what night would Redcar ride? Do Redcar fans have a preference, as we've seen and heard from Scunthorpe, you can't please everyone.

For me Thursday night is speedway night! Our alternative has been Fridays, and crowds have not been noticeably down (although has always been helped by a healthy travelling support from Sheffield).

I would imagine we would move to Fridays.

To be honest, would not be surprised to see him at Glasgow next season.

sarj may score a few tonight seeing as he is riding for glasgow .

but dont hold yer breath .

Steal on 3.15 average in my opinion though, he has proved what he can do when he is treated properly, on his day can score double figures

he was steal on the 5. somethng average when he signed him . comets fans gave him support and soon realised that he was a no go er

the bit in the S/S didnt help his cause either .

on the mike last meeting saying those were not his words at all . but good luck to himand hope he gets a bucket load tonight , and guess what . ? i will not affect

his bargain average .

get the first 6 inches right and the rest will come in time . .( if you know what i mean )

Edited by jenga

Reported as being up 25%, but from a very poor attendance level the previous year.

Different atmosphere now, track has improved, more spirit at the track and their fans are now coming back to Brough for their away visit. Different attitudes and the return of many big sponsors have helped to get it back to where it used to be, but now without the idiots.

Worth a visit, and I stand with Bears fans by invitation. :D

25% was reported a couple of months into the season - i would hazard a guess that has increased further with I believe our last Friday meeting against Sheffield being the biggest crowd of the season.

Atmosphere has definitely changed completely, and signs are very positive for this to continue. Still very definitely a work in progress, but I am already looking forwards to next season.

• Like 1

So whats the estimate for last Fridays 'biggest crowd of the season' ?