British Speedway Forum

Steal on 3.15 average in my opinion though, he has proved what he can do when he is treated properly, on his day can score double figures

Hmm why does the name Hall come to mind...☺

14,014. give or take a few!

Or 10 inches.

14,014. give or take a few!

blimey that would be a bit tight.

Or 10 inches.

so would that! 😲
  • Like 1

i don't understand the slightly bitchy remarks and inverted commas. Perhaps you'd prefer us to have crowds of 150 and shut down.

Teesside is a much smaller and poorer area so we do ok thanks.

• Like 1

Nothing bitchy at all and the inverted commas were purely to indicate they were the words used by a previous poster.

Just a genuine interest in the actual estimated numbers rather than 'up 25%'

If you know its 25% then you must know the original figure and what it has risen to.

i don't understand the slightly bitchy remarks and inverted commas. Perhaps you'd prefer us to have crowds of 150 and shut down.

Teesside is a much smaller and poorer area so we do ok thanks.

Too touchy CH. As a Diamond fan I have been very supportive of Redcar, and your promotion, and 'fueltaps' is only trying to quantify what a decent crowd at STMP is this season. You have done very well this year, and are even above us this year. :P

Look for the bigger picture.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

They have only been the once this season and that was because they thought their team only had to turn up to collect all four points..... They even announced at the STMP on the previous Thursday that Lambert was not riding and we would have a National League rider at number 1 before it had been made public just to get more fans to travel up the A19

As announced by your very own centre green announcer - King of the one liners - Roy C

So difficult to even estimate their average as I usually go for our 2 league meetings and a cup or friendly, and our travelling support used to almost double their crowds like last year. This year even with our visiting fans there, was a lot more of home fans and they usually quote the 25% increase which I think is about right. We usually give them their biggest gates.

Size or numbers are in the eyes of the beholder. One man's dick can be 10inches, as opposed to the actual 5 inches that others see. :D

What a load of tripe, at worst we might have been below 400 to 500 - but you are saying over 200 Newcastle fans turned up? Stupid even by you very low standards.

Nothing bitchy at all and the inverted commas were purely to indicate they were the words used by a previous poster.

Just a genuine interest in the actual estimated numbers rather than 'up 25%'

If you know its 25% then you must know the original figure and what it has risen to.

At best we might have hit 1,000 this season but I reckon 650 to 750ish average...

• Like 1

What a load of tripe, at worst we might have been below 400 to 500 - but you are saying over 200 Newcastle fans turned up? Stupid even by you very low standards.

At best we might have hit 1,000 this season but I reckon 650 to 750ish average...

I think what he meant to say was that Redcar fans almost doubled their crowd a few weeks ago :wink:

• Like 1

thank you.

Im very pleased to see it. I have only made 1 trip but liked what I saw. Its a decent set up with a track that can produce good races.

Id say somewhere around 750 makes 2nd tier speedway sustainable so that has to be good news.

I wasn't personally at the Sheffield meeting so not sure on numbers, just going off what Kevin Keay has said on the radio. I know he is very happy with the crowd figures.

I'm rubbish at estimating crowds, but I reckon at the low point last season maybe around 350. I'd say regularly around 700-750 and on the rise.

• Like 1

Wouldnt like to guess on crowd numbers but the winning amount on the 50-50 draw gives a clue to the rise and fall of attendancies. This season the winner has often grabbed £200 to £220. Last season it was £170 to £190. I was lucky enough to win in 2006 and bagged £250. Shows the crowds are up but still not to the first few seasons highs, but it does show a steady regular support week in week out.

Team for 2018. I'd have them all back but if team building is going to be 40 ish then we have to loose 4.00 somewhere. Garrity(when fit) has been box office. Barker (no brainer) Wright (as Barker). JBA ( Slow start to meetings, but has been the reason we have had big comebacks as he finishes a meeting strongly) Ellis ( Seemed to dip after the fire incident, but noone can argue with a rider who puts 3 points on his average). Tobi (Bargain again if hes still on 4.66 average) Ayres ( never let anyone down and rode well).

If we have to start with a new 2.00 pointer then something has to give (don't know where) and Bukhave might be in there somewhere.

Got all winter to work out next years team.

So difficult to even estimate their average as I usually go for our 2 league meetings and a cup or friendly, and our travelling support used to almost double their crowds like last year. This year even with our visiting fans there, was a lot more of home fans and they usually quote the 25% increase which I think is about right. We usually give them their biggest gates.

Size or numbers are in the eyes of the beholder. One man's dick can be 10inches, as opposed to the actual 5 inches that others see. :D

When did Newcastle ever double our crowds , See Jitendra for som specs

When did Newcastle ever double our crowds , See Jitendra for som specs

During last year and the year before when numbers were disappearing every week. We turned up with our usual droves, and all you could see was black and whites. Even on here everyone was saying their concerns and worries with such a lack of support.

Typical of some Bears fans to deny the obvious, and not recognise the cracking support we have gave you over the years. But not returned at Brough of course.

NB Does Jitendra also do Dictionaries for spelling.

Edited by Tsunami