British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
scaramanga

Workington Posts To Beat The Unoffical Forum Closing

both mason and james out tonight for other teams

strange that mason scored 10+1 for ipswich at no.3

and james once again scores a impressive 10+1 for glasgow with 2 heat wins

workingtons season could have been mutch better if james had decided to ride like he does for glasgow

and the comets management had done what the fans asked and switched mason and matt around

workingtons season could have been mutch better if james had decided to ride like he does for glasgow

and the comets management had done what the fans asked and switched mason and matt around

Management seem to have shut down completely,even Steve whitehead who went on a defensive rant if anyone dare criticise, and Tony Jackson has never had any crowd interaction won't even be interviewed on the centre green, fearing the worst really
  • Like 2

Wouldn't say it was strange Mason scored well at number 3, he's a much improved rider nowadays and will continue to improve.

Definately agree on the switch between 2 and 4, could of made us tick, a very strange decision indeed!

If we continue to run next season a change of aproach to the team management side of things would be a good start.

In fact, the total lack of communication from the promotion in recent months is concerning and the club could do with some fresh ideas from those either closest to the club or even some very willing volunteers with the right prowess.

• Like 1

i am sorry to say this , but the management team and any other involved in the running of workington speedway have gone into , the cant see me mode .

its a shame because laura seemed a genuine person and was always there to answer questions ,

it really does look like the end of workington speedway .

there are no more genuine promoters left to help save a once great club .

• Like 1

Jesus Christ do you lot never give up !!! What the hell is this post about apart from crucifying Workington speedway and you are supposed to be fans , not a bit of wonder they have left the Unofficial Forum down having to listen to the same garbage from the same people ... give it a rest .. If we lose our speedway it won't come back , and you's will have a big part to play in that, get behind the Club instead hiding behind your computers and constantly slating

we will only have a big part to play in the closure of workington speedway ,IF WE DONT SUPPORT THE TEAM , WEEK IN ,WEEK OUT .

most , if not all posters on here actually go to the speedway and give it their support by spending their hard earned cash at the speedway .

you are not going to blame the 4 posters on here as the reason as to why the club is in difficulty . are you ?

yopu have to look further back to the start of the season to find some form of reason as to its running .

As a Season ticket holder , I have supported week in week out , whether I'm there or not , so let's clear that one up for a start !!

You really think that posts like this and all the negative posts you sprawl over every single Workington post there is whether it be on here or the Unofficial Forum , in fact you pop up on nearly every bloody post there is on this Forum ... help the situation at Workington

Il give you 5mins for a reply after you have been on the other 3 Workington posts, you are so predictable you really do need to get a life

• Like 2

As a Season ticket holder , I have supported week in week out , whether I'm there or not , so let's clear that one up for a start !!

You really think that posts like this and all the negative posts you sprawl over every single Workington post there is whether it be on here or the Unofficial Forum , in fact you pop up on nearly every bloody post there is on this Forum ... help the situation at Workington

Il give you 5mins for a reply after you have been on the other 3 Workington posts, you are so predictable you really do need to get a life

so whats with the clearing up of you being a season ticket holder . what has that got to do with the way you or i support the team .

the 4 posters that posted on here ( not including yourself ) have beliefs that things could have gone sweeter this season than they have .

many fans who DONT post on this site or the now defunct unofficial site and never even post at all , believe things could have been a lot better .

info given out . site updated frequently , you know , the small things that make speedway more enjoyable on a saturday night .

i am not going into a war of words with you,

as i said , many fans dont come on here , so dont say the %1.00 of us are going to close the club down . were we to blame for all those hundreds of fans leaving over the years ? no .

its the sign of the times , things move on , as do fans to another form of entertainment . whatever it is .

we havent killed off workington speedway , the governing body has done that . you only need to look at the draconian rules of the sport .

why is one of our best riders riding at 2 . mason should be at 3/4 so he is still involved in the run into the finish line .

sorry you didnt get a reply within 5 mins , had daddy stuff to do .

i wont put a time limit on your reply . just as and when you feel comfortable ..

Edited by jenga

What gets me (as an outsider), when Keith Denham was in charge, people criticised him and voted with their feet and said "we won't be back until he goes." He went and when the current Promotion took over, the crowds came back, but the club seem to be in a similar position again now.

So the question is, "what, exactly, do the speedway fans of Workington actually want?"

• Like 2

What gets me (as an outsider), when Keith Denham was in charge, people criticised him and voted with their feet and said "we won't be back until he goes." He went and when the current Promotion took over, the crowds came back, but the club seem to be in a similar position again now.

So the question is, "what, exactly, do the speedway fans of Workington actually want?"

Is the nature of a Cumbrian, would argue with themselves in an empty room :shock::shock:

What a shame to read this thread which seems indicative of a general malaise in UK speedway.

Always found Workington to be an excellent venue, easy to get to, free parking, variety of viewing options for spectators etc. Arguably have the services of the league's best number 1 and a team which looked like it could achieve silverware this year.

Have to agree that poor communication seems to be a problem with many teams when spectators don't know until the very last minute who will be riding (or more to the point who will not be riding). Surprised that team selection seems to be an issue as most team managers normally have a pretty good handle on this, but I guess maybe there are exceptions.

Sincerely hope that the Comets do complete their outstanding fixtures and run next year

What a shame to read this thread which seems indicative of a general malaise in UK speedway.

Always found Workington to be an excellent venue, easy to get to, free parking, variety of viewing options for spectators etc. Arguably have the services of the league's best number 1 and a team which looked like it could achieve silverware this year.

Have to agree that poor communication seems to be a problem with many teams when spectators don't know until the very last minute who will be riding (or more to the point who will not be riding). Surprised that team selection seems to be an issue as most team managers normally have a pretty good handle on this, but I guess maybe there are exceptions.

Sincerely hope that the Comets do complete their outstanding fixtures and run next year

£2 parking in the stadium (just to make that bit clear! Yes you can park for free outside!!).

its been a while since the free parking was on . quite a while actually .

on paper , we had a good team , but then the premiership took most of the riders away from

their championship sides when they were needed .this year seems pretty bad for r/r and guests and some

fans are voting with their feet .team selection or riding order has been a major issue with the . tm/management not want ing to listen

to fans and totally ignore them .mason campton is a prime example of the ignorance of the management at worky .

campton has been doing really well of late , but still they insist of putting him at the number 2 position .

therefore mason is the first rider to finish hie riders first and then he stands about waiting to see if

he is in ht 15 . the guy should be at 3 or 4 to give us a fighting chance . matt has sort of struggled in the number 4 position .

he would have been better at 2 .not just my theory , but most fans .

we have supported laura for the time she has run the club and no doubt will conyinue to support her . she deserves it .

as for the denham era . . a proper tyrant and a not so people person . banned out more fans at the click of his fingers .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 3