British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Ipswich 2nd Leg Po Sf 22/9 @ 7.30pm

I didn't think that 10 points would be enough, but again great credit to the reserves. Newman and Campton also played their part.

Great result.

Edinburgh threw that away our number one having a mare should have been comfortable for the Monarchs. Well done Rory stepping up and Kyle to. Get in there!

Even with Danny's bad result< Witches hang on! Well done!

Edited by icicle

Oh well t'was not meant to be.

Well done ippo.

Shows what a miss mark was last night.

• Like 1

We certainly like doing things the hard way. Lets hope that's Danny's poor meeting out of the way and he's back to all guns blazing for the final. Well done Rory and to the reserves on their contribution.

• Like 1

Need a lie down now but woooooo hooooo!

Shame couldnt be there - reckon there mustve been a great atmosphere.

Thats the sort of contest the sport needs. Close and hard fought and the result in doubt right to the end.

Bring on the final 😀

• Like 1

Credit to Ipswich; strong reserve pairing and having Schlein round Armadale is a real bonus. Heat 8 left a bit of a nasty taste - quite within his rights to shut off on the third bend but didn't think it was necessary.

How long do we have to wait for the final? We haven't got a meeting this Thursday but Sheffield have arranged a pointless meeting with Redcar. I suppose it gives Cam a bit more time to get fit. I see the idiots that run the sport appear to have done away with the promotion thing, what a surprise!!

• Like 1

Why was Danny in 15?? Didn't matter but can't pick ya mates

Obviously I wasn't there, but surely Newman having won three races and off the back of ht 14 win should have been in with roo

• Like 1

How long do we have to wait for the final? We haven't got a meeting this Thursday but Sheffield have arranged a pointless meeting with Redcar. I suppose it gives Cam a bit more time to get fit. I see the idiots that run the sport appear to have done away with the promotion thing, what a surprise!!

Sat 30th is a reserved date in the fixture list at Foxhall and I think is pencilled in assuming Sheffield finish the job as they surely must.

KOCup at Sheff on 5th and Foxhall on 12th. These could be be redesignated I suppose given the lack of progress in the other half of the draw.

• Like 1

1st leg confirmed as Foxhall this Saturday. I would have thought next Sunday 1st October for the return or worst case replace the Cup fixture 5th October but being the latter it would lose some momentum....

Apologies to Glasgow for making certain assumptions!!

I think we are under a little pressure due to the promotion/relegation met tings 9th/11th

Edited by Bezza

Obviously I wasn't there, but surely Newman having won three races and off the back of ht 14 win should have been in with roo

I'd have gone with Danny, Kyle only won heat 14 due to a mistake, so I assume his gating wasn't that sharp, massive race like that you've got to go with the skipper. Can't believe any Manager would have picked anybody else.

1st leg confirmed as Foxhall this Saturday. I would have thought next Sunday 1st October for the return or worst case replace the Cup fixture 5th October but being the latter it would lose some momentum....

I think we are under a little pressure due to the promotion/relegation met tings 9th/11th

I assume you mean next Saturday, also according to another thread on this forum, the promotion thing is dead. Reckon there's a decent chance both us and Sheffield might go up, if they say top division to race Monday / Thursday.

Of course its only right they cant announce dates until after the 2nd leg over the other semi however unlikely it us for Glasgow to turn it round but some of us need to plan ahead for days off or will miss out.....

This Saturday as in tomorrow?? Or Saturday week.

• Like 1