British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Wolverhampton 22.9.17

Well we always offered the 29th but Gary May didn't want that in case we had a full team

Do believe Rebels wanted the 15th but you were scared then as your number one couldn't be bothered as he wanted to ride in some tinpot in Germany instead and you wouldn't get a facility!

• Like 1

Do believe Rebels wanted the 15th but you were scared then as your number one couldn't be bothered as he wanted to ride in some tinpot in Germany instead and you wouldn't get a facility!

Let's face it, it is nice to have a top drawer no 1, but I guess you wouldn't know what that feels like................🤔

• Like 2

Let's face it, it is nice to have a top drawer no 1, but I guess you wouldn't know what that feels like................

Yeah all those air fares must be great!

• Like 1

Well we always offered the 29th but Gary May didn't want that in case we had a full team

I suspect it had more to do with Somerset not having a league meeting since 1Sep and not wanting to go 4 weeks without a meeting which seems pretty reasonable to me.

• Like 5

Is anyone from Wolverhampton way able to tell me when they wish to try again to race this meeting at Somerset? I guess they have probably already announced it but I haven't seen it yet. :o:P:D

I see it's finally been arranged for Friday 6th october

• Like 1

Nicholls in for Freddie, Josh a late fitness test. If all the Rebels turn up they should win imo by about 8.

from the Rebels Web Site

The 'Cases' Somerset Rebels hopes of fielding their full 1-7 for tonight's match against Wolverhampton have taken a double hit.

Firstly, skipper Josh Grajczonek has not recovered from injuries he sustained recently whilst riding for Sheffield, x-ray's showing that he has chipped a bone in his back, and, as a consequence, has been forced to pull out of tonight's match.

In addition, Patrick Hougaard has suffered a shoulder injury whilst practicing in Denmark which has also ruled him out of tonight's meeting.

With two riders missing from the line-up, Somerset are eligable to use a guest replacement for one, and rider replacement facility for the other, team manager Garry May opting to operate rider replacement in place of Josh, which means all of the remaining 6 riders are eligible to take his rides, and have secured the services of Poole's Edward Kennett as a guest replacement for Patick.

"Looking at the two options, I thought ot best to use the rider replacement facility at number 1 in place of Josh as that gave us more flexibility as to who can take the rides," he said, "and so the guest facility can be used in place of Patrick, and I am very grateful to Edward Kennett for agreeing to ride for us at short notice."

Edited by idh
  • Like 1

Both sides decimated by injury.

Suppose it could be worse, it could the final!

• Like 1

after reading the news I shant bother with this one,

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest, have not seen him have a half decent meeting this season.

disappointed that I wont be there to say cheerio to the lads, but will keep my money in my pocket as yet another race night full of guests and bloody R/R

nevermind l for one hope its a drop down to the championship next season

• Like 2