British Speedway Forum
Cliffeboy

Somerset V Wolverhampton 22.9.17

after reading the news I shant bother with this one,

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest, have not seen him have a half decent meeting this season.

disappointed that I wont be there to say cheerio to the lads, but will keep my money in my pocket as yet another race night full of guests and bloody R/R

nevermind l for one hope its a drop down to the championship next season

I believe Kennett has a good record at Somerset so may be a reasonable guest, it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway. Poole wouldn't have won there without him.

Edited by foreverblue

I believe Kennett has a good record at Somerset so may be a reasonable guest, it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway. Poole wouldn't have won there without him.

he might ride here ok for other teams,when he puts on a rebels bib,he looks like he does not care.
  • Like 1

sadly my friend you believe wrong

,in my eyes

true Poole might not of won without him but he has never pulled up trees for the Rebels, and never really rode well at the OT

but hey ho im staying in the warm and welcomed to be proved wrong :t:

good luck tonight lads

Cost us the play offs a couple of years ago, not going to bother now, Hougaard injured again I see. Good luck in the final Wolves, was half looking forward to this . Off on my hols tomorrow after getting shafted by Monarch on my original destination, not been a good week 🤔

sadly my friend you believe wrong

,in my eyes

true Poole might not of won without him but he has never pulled up trees for the Rebels, and never really rode well at the OT

but hey ho im staying in the warm and welcomed to be proved wrong :t:

good luck tonight lads

Well my friend i do not think paid 10 is not too bad! Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

No surprise.

Somerset win, Wolves hang onto the aggregate win.

it isn't as though Somerset have any chance of turning over a 14 point deficit anyway.

If only it had have been just 14, we'd have been in the final now ! ;):P

I cannot believe there is not someone better than kennett to guest.

It's pretty easy to criticise when you don't know the facts. If I was feeling a little less generous, I might even say that your comment's a bit of a cheap shot really. Had you bothered to come to the meeting, you might not hold that view.

Firstly Garry asked a few of riders to guest in place of Josh, but they refused, so it wasn't for the lack of trying. So as a result he decided to go with RR at one and a guest for Paddy, and Edward answered the call very late in the day, and was prepared to come, unlike some others who were asked.

Secondly he has had some great performances at the Oaktree in the past, and at one time was extremely hard to beat around the track. Granted his more recent outing at the OTA have been nothing to write home about, but as Stuart Robson once observed when putting in a great guest performance for the Rebels, 'It's much easy to ride for a team than it is to ride against it as a visitor', which is a sentiment that EK appears to have proved tonight.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2

3.00am and out of bed getting ready for a holiday. Well done the Rebs for winning last night and thanks to Ed Kennett for being an able dep for Josh. All finished now so see you all again next season.

• Like 1

If only it had have been just 14, we'd have been in the final now ! ;):P

It's pretty easy to criticise when you don't know the facts. If I was feeling a little less generous, I might even say that your comment's a bit of a cheap shot really. Had you bothered to come to the meeting, you might not hold that view.

Firstly Garry asked a few of riders to guest in place of Josh, but they refused, so it wasn't for the lack of trying. So as a result he decided to go with RR at one and a guest for Paddy, and Edward answered the call very late in the day, and was prepared to come, unlike some others who were asked.

Secondly he has had some great performances at the Oaktree in the past, and at one time was extremely hard to beat around the track. Granted his more recent outing at the OTA have been nothing to write home about, but as Stuart Robson once observed when putting in a great guest performance for the Rebels, 'It's much easy to ride for a team than it is to ride against it as a visitor', which is a sentiment that EK appears to have proved tonight.

Sorry about that i thought you lost 52-38 at Wolves.

Let's face it, it is nice to have a top drawer no 1, but I guess you wouldn't know what that feels like................🤔

Really? Seeing as we have had riders like Magnus Zetterstrom and the current world no. 1 ride for us. I'd say they are pretty much top drawer.

• Like 4

A decent end of season match to conclude a reasonable season for the Rebels. Although unlikely to pull back the deficit, Somerset battled hard all the way.

Led by skipper for the night Charles Wright, who despite starting the meeting slowly, livened up the crowd with his usual dare devil riding. Interesting that that his rival skipper also for the night was Rory Schlein who enraged Wright with some tough riding in the last match at the OTA between the sides. Once again the two were involved in a terrific race when Wright came from third to first, thanks to some superb team riding by Jake Allen, who thwarted Schlein's every move around the white line to allow his partner to scorch around the outside for a thrilling victory.

Kyle Howarth continued his impressive form at the OTA this year, riding aggressively in each season of his races. The rest of the Wolves side had a distinctly end of season feel about it.

Richard Lawson stood out for the Rebels racing to a superb paid maximum. Sharp from the tapes, he never looked in any trouble once he hit the front. Lawson has proved a popular signing by Garry May and he revealed in the after match interview that he will be moving in the winter to nearby Worcestershir. Certainly he would be welcomed back in 2018 by the majority of Somerset fans.

A word for Edward Kennett after he stood in for the injured Patrick Hougaard at short notice. After falling on his own in heat one, he had one of his better meetings in recent times at Somerset.

• Like 2

Really? Seeing as we have had riders like Magnus Zetterstrom and the current world no. 1 ride for us. I'd say they are pretty much top drawer.

I was talking about the current season. Anyway it was only a twit for tat post to another forum member.

Well my friend i do not think paid 10 is not too bad!

have to agree my friend and I eat humble pie, as could not believe it when I read it

no need to be generous, I say shoot from the hip. who do you feel is my so called cheap shot aimed at ??

if you read my post as it was intended, it is my opinion, which contrary to what you might think but everyone has a right to there own, and not everyone has the luxury of having all the facts first hand as yourself. although in previous discussions they have led to your downfall.

And my opinion is still the same, I was hoping there would of been someone who I feel would of been a better guest. I take it you were at Swindon when Kennett guested for us, and for 2 of his heats he went round at the back pulling

wheelies, waving to the crowd for the last 2 laps of the heat.. I assume you enjoy that sort of thing, but for someone like myself who has taken half a day off work, driven a 250 mile round trip, and paid my dues at the turnstiles, unlike some, would prefer to see a rider at least try for my team, as that's not the entertainment im looking for, and its not what I pay my money for, but I take it from your mind set you would be happy with that

I am a big fan of Mr May and admire the master strokes, and guests, and teams he has put together since he has been involved in the club, to which he deserves a lot of credit, as the club would not be where it is today without all his hard work, dedication, and money he puts in.

Edited by Bignite

after reading the news I shant bother with this one,

So, did you go then or not? Both posts conflict the other!