British Speedway Forum
E I Addio

Broadslide

There is a magazine-type book out now called Broadslide, obtainable from W H Smiths, which is one of the best publications on Speedwáy history I have seen for a long time. Well illustrated with some quality photos it traces the development of Speedwáy bikes down the years, Chapters on Briggo and Peter Collns, other riders opinions on Fundin and loads more . Worth getting for the rare pictures of Briggo grass tracking and scrambling alone.

Really worth looking out for.

• Like 2

There is a magazine-type book out now called Broadslide, obtainable from W H Smiths, which is one of the best publications on Speedwáy history I have seen for a long time. Well illustrated with some quality photos it traces the development of Speedwáy bikes down the years, Chapters on Briggo and Peter Collns, other riders opinions on Fundin and loads more . Worth getting for the rare pictures of Briggo grass tracking and scrambling alone.

Really worth looking out for.

Bought it when it first appeared and as you say a great read!

Can you get it in a Supermarket?

I would like to see a copy before subscribing.

W.H. Smith closed down in Sunderland.

• Like 1

I think it's just a one off publication...well worth the purchasing of same.

Not sure where else you can get it, but I promise you for seven quid you won't be disappointed if you like Speedwáy history.

Ordered it early Saturday morning and received it today.

Its softback and A4 size.- 130 pages

Brilliant photos, lots from many years back, great photos of bikes, a 5-stud JAP machine is brilliant.

Big article about Alf Hagon, photo of Barry Briggs on a scramble machine with white shirt and tie - probably turned up somewhere and was offered a bash on a bike and couldnt resist :t:

Looking forward to reading the chapter when a Greaves 2 stroke and a BSA B50 were trialled at speedway, the Weslake story, a chapter on Don Godden, Peter Collins, yep, I think this is going to be a good read.

For £6.99 inc postage, wonderful.

• Like 1

I was given this for Christmas and I have to say, it's a terrific read.

The surprise for me was seeing a photo from the indoor speedway in Wolverhampton in the closed season of 1971/2.

I remember my old friend Derek Timms telling me about it, as I recall he rode in it himself. There's a wonderful picture of Arthur Browning trailing Chris Harrison.

Is there anyone out there who attended this meeting?