British Speedway Forum
iris123

Other Museums

Ernst Boghs Museum.The first speedway museum in Denmark 

Remember, Doug, I did mention about the AMA Hall of Fame and museum just outside Columbus, Ohio.  I still haven't been there yet, but it is only a couple of hours for me.  I definitely need to get there this year!

They have speedway and board-racing bikes and sections, and I don't know what else.  I will let you all know when I have been...

Steve

• Like 1

I haven't been to every speedway museum in the world, however I genuinely believe Ash's speedway museum in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia is the largest 'speedway only museum' in the world

His collection of everything speedway is vast, this includes race jackets, suits, machinery, trophies, etc, etc.

Situated very close to the Blue Mountains and the Mount Panarama Racetrack, if in the area, I strongly recommend a visit (Bathurst Long Track at the showgrounds is also an annual event)

I've got plenty of photos from my visit if anyone is interested.

On 10/19/2017 at 8:11 AM, iris123 said:

Anyone know if the museum is still there ? Looked a great place, but the link is now dead and I can’t seem to find a new link or reference to the museum on the Torun  Plaza site. Strange 

On 7/1/2019 at 6:40 AM, BrizHeathen said:

I haven't been to every speedway museum in the world, however I genuinely believe Ash's speedway museum in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia is the largest 'speedway only museum' in the world

His collection of everything speedway is vast, this includes race jackets, suits, machinery, trophies, etc, etc.

Situated very close to the Blue Mountains and the Mount Panarama Racetrack, if in the area, I strongly recommend a visit (Bathurst Long Track at the showgrounds is also an annual event)

I've got plenty of photos from my visit if anyone is interested.

See this person or couple seemed to have picked up some wonderful trophies auctioned off from Billy Lamont’s collection

If you like visiting museums, go to VoucherCodesUAE - you will find there many codes, thanks to them you will save so much money. Cool, right?

https://www.vouchercodesuae.com/

I see one of Franky Zorn's ice speedway bikes is also being displayed in Sinsheim

It's a few years since I visited, but the Black Country Living Museum at Dudley had an excellent display devoted to speedway (Cradley Heath and Wolverhampton, IIRC).

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life, Coatbridge, has a speedway exhibition, Cinder Kings (1950-77), running to the end of October 2021. It's billed as a celebration of speedway in Lanarkshire, at Coatbridge and Motherwell.

Blurb: The exhibition features everything from bikes, equipment and badges to programmes, photos and magazines. You can also see items on display from legends, Bert Hawkins and Brian Collins.

The exhibition is organised by the museum’s Learning Officer and the Speedway Memories Reminiscence group who have loaned their treasured possessions for the displays. The group meet at the museum on a monthly basis to talk all things speedway or watch films of past races.

Booking required:

https://summerlee-museum-of-scottish-industrial-life.arttickets.org.uk/summerlee-museum-of-industrial-life/2021-06-24-the-cinder-kings

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

On 2/14/2019 at 10:14 AM, iris123 said:

Ernst Boghs Museum.The first speedway museum in Denmark 

Seems every year on the Danish island of Romo they host a vintage motor and motorbike rally. Ernst Bogh was there with a speedway bike