British Speedway Forum

this comes up every year as if you let it elapse it costs money to re-submit the planning application. :t:

That's not the case in this instance. This is a new planning application to approve the principle that the stadium can be demolished and houses built. It is not an attempt to extend any currently held permission.

Not a lot.

That's a very optimistic assumption Mr Blobby, would like to know what it's based on.

The owner of the stadium applied for permission to demolish it and build houses on the site last year.

The ONLY reason that application was rejected was because of the lack of places in the local primary school.

It is claimed that there are now sufficient places in the school and therefore the only barrier to a successful planning application has been removed.

With the stadium now only used on around 20 evenings a year, there seems little incentive to keep it open if you can sell it to a housebuilder for a seven figure sum?

Sam Masters

Coty Garcia/Max Clegg

Mark Riss

Jonas B Andersen

Erik Riss

James Sarjeant

Mitchel Davey

Need reserves that are capable of improving. Not like this year where we went with the mantra "as long as our boy beats the other team's number 7." Richie Worrall looking for a Club?

Erik's post on Facebook after the Ipswich meeting suggested he doesn't expect to be back.

Edited by JanAndersen

Rumours are their is a 12 month no Edinburgh as they move to another home.Possibly 2 other Championship clubs in severe doubt under current ownership.

Is there? First I've heard.

Rumours are their is a 12 month “no Edinburgh” as they move to another home.Possibly 2 other Championship clubs in severe doubt under current ownership.

Also there's another rumour that the Monarchs will be business as usual at Armadale next year , I know which one has more credibility .

I've heard both, one from the horse's mouth, so I know which one I believe. :drink:

Talking horses mate whatever next, someone will probably make a tv series out of it.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 4

It looked like he was trying to get it down to reserve standard

It's clear the monarchs didn't fancy him as a HL - nothing he did for ippo chnages that, i'd be surprised if he is back at Edin unless it's as 2nd string

Erik's post on Facebook after the Ipswich meeting suggested he doesn't expect to be back.

He would be the first name on the team sheet for me.

Agree - both Riss boys

Agree - both Riss boys

Agree but might not be Edinburgh's decision i suppose. Full time Premiership isn't the lure it used to be so if he does choose to leave i expect it's for more racing on the continent?

• Like 1