British Speedway Forum

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Marriage

laffed my ar$$e off at that one . a really good chuckle . give us some more !

Who dreams up these rules regarding averages,far to complicated and open to different interpretation,nothing changes still a shambles .

I guess it's why you can't go on the bspa website and look at all the rules.....no one would be able to fiddle anything to their benefit then 

On 05/12/2017 at 7:53 AM, MANSE said:

Post 107 is your 3 riders get Mr Blobby to confirm it

On 04/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, MANSE said:

I guess final 3 SEDGEMEN, PIJPER and Morris

oh MANSE my friend wrong again

Welcome Joel.

very good signing tried signing him a couple of years ago but he didn't feel ready to come over at the time. 

Pickering starting at reserve looks to be the trump card for us come next season. Will always leave us with a high scoring reserve.

with 10.10 remaining for the final two riders it will be interesting to see what route we go down. Go with either a 8/7 with a 2/3 or more solid with a 6 and a 4 point rider to finish. Just need to wait and see.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

I'm wondering where does the 5.20 figure mentioned on Edinburgh's website come from?
Do Buster and Co at the head quarters just put some numbers in a hat and draw one at random nowadays?

• Like 1

Apparently every new foreign rider will be assessed on a case by case basis. So that's why Joel has the average given.   Now if that's not open to corruption I don't know what is.. Anyway. Good luck to both Edinburgh and Joel.

• Like 3

Case by case basis? Deary me, what a farce.

Absolutely nothing against Edinburgh before people start getting defensive but how on earth can a rider who has been a world under 21 finalist and ridden in the Elitserien come in on anything lower than seven? The sport gets more and more shambolic by the day.

No idea why there are two different font sizes!

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 6

Apparently you use his Premiership  average of 4.00 and use the new 1.3 multiplier to get his 5.20 average.

• Sad 1

He shouldn't come in to the Prem on a 4 anyway!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He shouldn't come in to the Prem on a 4 anyway!

New riders to British speedway are being reassessed on a case by case basis. Joel being given a 4.00 average for the premiership.

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

New riders to British speedway are being reassessed on a case by case basis. Joel being given a 4.00 average for the premiership.

Which would be too low considering his experience and ability. Yet another ringer!

• Like 1