British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Well they should have enquiried. 

Is it “open to mischief”? Possibly but it is mischief available to all clubs assuming you ignore the paranoia. 

The fact that you put possibly is enought reason not to do it that way..but because it's your team that have benefited you will defend it

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

As stated...only the riders that show an interest in racing here..and let's be honest..its more or less the same riders riding in different country's.   A simple data base

Yes agree with the “declaring interest” point. Could work. Takes away the “uncovering a hidden talent somewhere” that some clubs do however. Edinburgh are good at it. 

its been proved in the past when clubs have been told a rider would be on a certain average only for another to sign them on a lower average

it happenedd only a few years ago cant remember who but there was a big fuss made of it

So if this is the case. how was Haertel given his average? His PL one would be 3.84 x 1.3 =5? Where the 3.85 come from?

As Andersson is a 5.2, that means any other u21 finalist should be the same....unless they havent represented their country in a SWC Final... then it should be less. ....:wink:

5 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Anyone signed Kyle Bickley yet btw?

not yet my guess is either scunthorpe or edinburgh

but ive heard hes been assessd as a 7pt rider

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

not yet my guess is either scunthorpe or edinburgh

but ive heard hes been assessd as a 7pt rider

That’s fine. We’ll sneak him through on a 2.00. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Yes agree with the “declaring interest” point. Could work. Takes away the “uncovering a hidden talent somewhere” that some clubs do however. Edinburgh are good at it. 

there was noone better than peter waite for uncovering good 3 pointers

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I guess it's why you can't go on the bspa website and look at all the rules

No, you have to go to the SCB site for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Anyone signed Kyle Bickley yet btw?

I thought he was at Workington next year?

wait and see

was annonced mid season hed signed letter of intent

but thats not the same

we all know 2 year deal in speedway means nowt

6 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

So if this is the case. how was Haertel given his average? His PL one would be 3.84 x 1.3 =5? Where the 3.85 come from?

As Andersson is a 5.2, that means any other u21 finalist should be the same....unless they havent represented their country in a SWC Final... then it should be less. ....:wink:

Maybe the question we should be asking Is whether Haertel is definitely a 5.00, or have we all just assumed this due to previous rules?

The Ipswich press release about him signing doesn't mention an average as far as i can see, and with the witches having 0.30 left (assuming MH is a 5.00) then its possible that he is maybe also on a 5.20?

Edited by MonarchsMitchy

9 hours ago, scaramanga said:

wait and see

was annonced mid season hed signed letter of intent

but thats not the same

we all know 2 year deal in speedway means nowt

Very true but an absolute tragedy if he isnt at Worky. Local club, local sponsors helped put him in his current position and even had Workington Kevlars made and posed in them last year. If he was to up sticks and chase the money so early on it would upset a lot of people i suspect.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Every rider in the world? That would be a hugely resource heavy piece of work and most of the results would ultimately not be used. 

I could do it in a couple of hours using data already in existence

I'd use dolgin's rankings, starting by doing linear regression on all those riders who have 2017 British averages. That would give a formula that would provide an average for every rider. ( I would reduce the average of Americans by 10% because I think dolgin's methodology over-rates them).

And finally I would round to the nearest half point).

And I would use a 1.25 multiplier to go from PL to CL.

• Like 2

Exactly..its not a hard thing to do....but this is speedway and the last thing anybody wants is it to be a fair and open sport that's not open to fiddling or making things up.

• Like 2