British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

I have some concerns about our approach for next season but need to keep the faith!!

Some serious potential for average increases in the team but the apparent lack of a third heat leader could cause problems.

Should certainly be stronger in the later stages of the season and we did have weaknesses at reserve last season.

Just need a helluva big ringer on 5+ points for the final spot.

Would expect to see Mark Riss start as the other heat leader. Big pressure since the most experienced second string to provide back up  (certainly around Armadale) is probably Josh Pickering. Unless we have enough faith in Joel from the outset.......

4 hours ago, Joseq7 said:

5 guys under 5.68, that can't be the way to go, can it?

Some very different team building tactics, it'll be interesting to see which one ends up being the best. 

5 guys under 5.80 worked in 2014.... :)

Agreed...2014 was an annus mirabilis.

Alex and John have a good track record in team building.

They rarely get it wrong...2011 maybe the only time in recent seasons when waiting for WL left us  handicapped at reserve all season.

This team is  certainly built with lots of promise. Bring it on.

It’s a very young side with Ricky being the eldest at a grand age of 26. 

Its a side built with improvement in it fully expect the Riss brothers and Josh to kick on again this year and put points on their averages. Matt as well to keep improving. 

Not sure what we will get from Joel yet, but from videos and scores I’ve seen from Sweden he should be able to hold his starting average. 

Personally feel like the final rider will determine if this side will be play off contenders or not. Whoever it may be needs to either increase or hold there starting average IMO if we want to be up there once again.

Well this all a few months away so Joyous Noel and a Hazy New Year to all my fans! 

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

\i'm not sure what we will get from Joel yet, but from videos and scores I’ve seen from Sweden he should be able to hold his starting average.

hmmmmmm

I see absolutely nothing to convince me that this side will be anything other than mediocre. Sam Masters gone, a rider who although he didn't manage to achieve a 9pt plus average last year is really a genuine number 1, to be replaced by... No one. The replacements may well have some potential but that's all.

There is nothing there for me to get excited about.

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a good Xmas 

• Like 3

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:12 PM, stewmac said:

I see absolutely nothing to convince me that this side will be anything other than mediocre. Sam Masters gone, a rider who although he didn't manage to achieve a 9pt plus average last year is really a genuine number 1, to be replaced by... No one. The replacements may well have some potential but that's all.

There is nothing there for me to get excited about.

Agreed , definitely the poor man's Glasgow :P

Being an Ipswich fan i have nothing against Edinburgh but that truly looks the worst side from Edinburgh ive seen for a long time.

A number 1 has left to be replaced by.....................nobody.

Wells and Riss as number one and 2 and the third heat leader is Mark Riss who spent some of last season at reserve. Pickering is ok then another newbie at second string. Looks a season of struggle to me though i may be wrong. But put this 1-7 up against Ipswich, Glasgow and Scunthorpe and its not even close

• Like 1

headin bra have always sprung a surprise in the seasons gone and will continue to do so again . where as glasgow have promised an awful lot but delivered little ..

whereas my team never promise anything and thats all we get . but we love the speedway @ workington .

Edited by jenga

im no edinburgh fan by a long way

but i fully understand that a below average looking side can turn out to be a title winning team boosted by the confidence they gain with the track advantage 

id never underestimate edinburgh as a team and i certainly wouldnt underestimate the 2 riss brothers from what i saw last year and also know ricky wells is usually a reliable rider

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

im no edinburgh fan by a long way

but i fully understand that a below average looking side can turn out to be a title winning team boosted by the confidence they gain with the track advantage 

id never underestimate edinburgh as a team and i certainly wouldnt underestimate the 2 riss brothers from what i saw last year and also know ricky wells is usually a reliable rider

The main reason why I think Edinburgh will always be there or thereabouts.

• Like 3

They have Andersson as a second string who will probably be second heatleader come May.

i dont think its a bad team, Wells and Riss is a decent top two as well.

• Like 1