British Speedway Forum

20 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

2nd in the A final cracking stuff. Trump card starting at reserve this season.

Looked a neat and tidy rider when i saw him at Ippo if not a little raw at times

Great result for Pickering

Tenacious racer and improving quickly

• Like 1

Firstly, Well done Josh

Sadly stalwart Bertie (Farmer) Barr has passed away this morning. Well known from his days driving the tractor and a good friend to all. Bertie was well into his 90’s and ever faithful at Edinburgh Speedway until last year

Condolences to his family. RIP Bert

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Firstly, Well done Josh

Sadly stalwart Bertie (Farmer) Barr has passed away this morning. Well known from his days driving the tractor and a good friend to all. Bertie was well into his 90’s and ever faithful at Edinburgh Speedway until last year

Condolences to his family. RIP Bert

Remember Bertie from the Monarchs stint at Shawfield. R.I.P.

18 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

Matthew Pickering any relation?

Younger cousin

if averages are worked out fair and simple to transfer from league to league and obviously fair for all nationalitys

i dont really have a problem who gets rides as it should work out a balance between budget and ability

if your good enough and realistic with demands you should get a place

but we all know this is speedway so that would never work out that way

i all honesty , we dont need 2 sets of averages because the 2 leagues use the same riders . apart from the odd one or two . no need for it at all . time and money saved for the people in control and no average fiddling from  the usual suspects .

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

And no doubt this has contributed to Perks, Jacobs and any other British lads who miss out not getting a CL ride in 2018. Marvellous.

Harsh reality at least as far as jacobs is the perception he has reached his limit and unlikely to improve.

Edited by Dekker

You could well be right and I don't think he helped himself having a year out a few seasons back but if a club invested some time and effort in him he may well be able to achieve more. He showed in 2016 at Belle Vue that in the right environment he could score decent points.

Just doesn't sit right with me that there are British lads struggling to get a ride yet we seem happy to make is easy for foreign riders to get team spots, the Brits need to be put first.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

You could well be right and I don't think he helped himself having a year out a few seasons back but if a club invested some time and effort in him he may well be able to achieve more. He showed in 2016 at Belle Vue that in the right environment he could score decent points.

Just doesn't sit right with me that there are British lads struggling to get a ride yet we seem happy to make is easy for foreign riders to get team spots, the Brits need to be put first.

Only if they're good enough though. I'm all for supporting British talent but they're not due a speedway career any more than anyone else.

• Like 1

Even if they are good enough they have been shoved down the order by foreigners on bargain averages now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dekker said:

Harsh reality at least as far as jacobs is the perception he has reached his limit and unlikely to improve.

Now retired according to Twitter