British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Aye im sure Stewart voted for the whole committee you for real.

Don't answer that think we already know your pathetic agenda.

Not so charming are we.

The committee is not a large group as I am sure you well know, however, if it is made public that Stewart Dickson voted in favour of the visa appeal  being supported by the BSPA, I will be the first on here to apologise. 

Edited by Thischarmingman
Minor change

44 minutes ago, Thischarmingman said:

Oh, and who is one of the wise men on the BSPA committee?  It's that lovely cuddly Stewart Dickson of the friendly, helpful Glasgow Tigers. I'm sure Stewart was fighting Edinburgh's corner.........

who else is on the bspa comittee

any one know full list

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

who else is on the bspa comittee

any one know full list

James Grieves and Nick Morris i think.

• Like 1

Even with the backing of the UK visa and immigration that he has a case to be eligible to ride due to missing a round through injury that basically stopped him automatically getting his visa the BSPA committee still rejected it. 

Doesn’t come as a surprise with who’s on the committee, Godfrey the worst of the lot. 

This is where an independent panel is needed so there is no self interest. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Even with the backing of the UK visa and immigration that he has a case to be eligible to ride due to missing a round through injury that basically stopped him automatically getting his visa the BSPA committee still rejected it. 

Doesn’t come as a surprise with who’s on the committee, Godfrey the worst of the lot. 

This is where an independent panel is needed so there is no self interest. 

On this basis Ipswich would be KoCup winners in 2017

Lost Schlein in leg 1 and King in leg 2

Both were in top 3 points scorers and heat winners during the season

Using these average likely scores Ipswich wouldve won

If Becker qualifies for a visa and a team spot then Boro need to hand over the cup....

Absurd? Yes of course it is - just like the visa appeal.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

On this basis Ipswich would be KoCup winners in 2017

Lost Schlein in leg 1 and King in leg 2

Both were in top 3 points scorers and heat winners during the season

Using these average likely scores Ipswich wouldve won

If Becker qualifies for a visa and a team spot then Boro need to hand over the cup....

Absurd? Yes of course it is - just like the visa appeal.....

BSPA rules were followed on this one as Luke fitted the criteria for an appeal. On the basis of his injury and that he would enhance British speedway. 

Shame that the committee who never gave a reason For rejecting did so.

• Like 1

Does the visa application rules say..if you are outside criteria you can appeal??  If that's the case why bother having certain criteria..  

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Does the visa application rules say..if you are outside criteria you can appeal??  If that's the case why bother having certain criteria..  

Appears you can appeal  according to what John Campbell posted on the Edinburgh website:-

"As we attempted to leave no stone unturned in trying to get the endorsement, my co-promoter Alex even phoned UK Visa and Immigration and their official confirmed that Luke's situation seemed to fall exactly in line with the BSPA procedure, fulfilling both of the criteria for a discretionary endorsement."

Personally, I do not favour any discretionary changes being made once the rules are established, and I can understand that if Monarchs were successful, then it might be seen as favouritism, whilst the likes of Lakeside were denied their initially submitted Championship GSAs for Wajtknecht & Morley.

Likewise for the MC/BSPA to remain consistent, I would expect them to maintain their bar on Premier riders who do not already have a 2017 Championship GSA and whose 2017 Premier GSA is above 6.00.  In essence the likes of Nicholls & Kennett should not suddenly become eligible to sign for any Championship side now, including Newcastle & Peterborough of course :wink:

• Like 2

Didn't Edinburgh used to have the 'main man' in the BSPA?

Presume he made some decisions then that upset other Promoters..?

Without an independent person(s) at the helm, you do naturally feel that there will always be some 'carry over' when power shifts....

Maybe by a bit of 'getting your own back' or simply (quite understandably) just covering your own teams interests now you have the opportunity to do so..

That independent body would certainly take away any thoughts of any special 'agenda' on the decisions reached..

Maybe those who make these decisions should be made to go public on how the decision was reached with every part of the appeal rejection explained in detail as to why it failed....? 

Edinburgh have explained publicly why they thought the appeal was valid, those 'in charge' should explain publicly why each of their points wasn't...

Fans of the clubs feeling disadvantaged would still be brassed off I am sure but at least it would stop any conjecture and feelings of being hard done to...

After all. Transparency was one of those key missions to be brought in to the sport wasn't it..?

• Like 2

Ellis Perks would slot in there nicely.

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ellis Perks would slot in there nicely.

If he would travel and accept pay rate