British Speedway Forum

On 24 February 2018 at 8:16 PM, romans lovechild said:

best 2 reserves in the league,

Other than Berwick, I presume you mean?

14 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Other than Berwick, I presume you mean?

who said Berwick fans don't have a sense of humour :D

• Like 1

If Erik and Ricky step up to the challenge of leading the side without a Masters/Cook there for support then I think we could have a really solid season. 

Much depends on whether Joel and Max hit the ground running or not though. 

21 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

If Erik and Ricky step up to the challenge of leading the side without a Masters/Cook there for support then I think we could have a really solid season. 

Much depends on whether Joel and Max hit the ground running or not though. 

I see a slow start to season but picking up pace as the new guys get their heads around british tracks

Does anyone know the exact specifics of your "blue card" scheme?

How much do you get off admission?

1 hour ago, Joseq7 said:

Does anyone know the exact specifics of your "blue card" scheme?

How much do you get off admission?

It’s dependent on how you buy your ticket for example blue card holders who pre book online will pay less than blue card holders who pay at the gate.

Full admission prices will be released shortly as far as I’m aware. 

On 2 March 2018 at 9:08 AM, gmuncie said:

It’s dependent on how you buy your ticket for example blue card holders who pre book online will pay less than blue card holders who pay at the gate.

Full admission prices will be released shortly as far as I’m aware. 

How much more elaborate could the Monarchs make their pricing structure for the 800 or so regulars.

Seriously, is there a need for 4 different pricing structures for people who want to pay weekly?  

What is the point in the blue membership card, and the need for two levels of pre-payment and two levels of pay at the gate?

From the outside looking in it does appear horribly convoluted, but does enable them to say they are still cheaper than Glasgow..... If you buy a Gold Card, scratch your nose, do 10 squats, buy online, take the dog for a walk, buy a Blue Card and turn up before lunchtime on a Friday. Job done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thischarmingman said:

How much more elaborate could the Monarchs make their pricing structure for the 800 or so regulars.

Seriously, is there a need for 4 different pricing structures for people who want to pay weekly?  

What is the point in the blue membership card, and the need for two levels of pre-payment and two levels of pay at the gate?

50 minutes ago, Fingersfin said:

From the outside looking in it does appear horribly convoluted, but does enable them to say they are still cheaper than Glasgow..... If you buy a Gold Card, scratch your nose, do 10 squats, buy online, take the dog for a walk, buy a Blue Card and turn up before lunchtime on a Friday. Job done. 

As long as it is not rained off.!!!

Not sure it’s that difficult really. Last season there were 2 price points one for buying online upto the day before and then the pay at the gate price.

This year those remain but the same has been added for Bluecards so those coupled with the other benefits of the blue card such as prize draws for hospitality, reduced rates on tickets to other monarchs events etc make the blue card a no brainer for anyone who can’t commit to the season ticket gold card.

are all these diff coloured cards going through the same turnstyles or are they diff gates for the card holders . 

can see a confusion at the gateswith the operators asking and then ghanging the machines . next thing it will be smoking or non smoking and do you want fries with that ! 

i suppose it will work out eventually .

I would suggest that it's a great idea (the Blue/Gold cards) to value current fans (particularly getting their contact details), however the pricing structure doesn't do much to entice new people through the door.

• Like 2

When the goal for all speedway teams is to get new fans in the gate it does seem a bit of an own goal there is nothing worse than finding out that the guy next to you has paid less than you have for something