British Speedway Forum

Hey folks

My first post on here. Palovaara isn’t a bad signing, think he will meet or exceed his average, looks to be going well in Sweden averaging about half a point less than Erik.(7.72/7.20) 

Will there be another change?  

Edited by GhostRider

2 hours ago, GhostRider said:

Hey folks

My first post on here. Palovaara isn’t a bad signing, think he will meet or exceed his average, looks to be going well in Sweden averaging about half a point less than Erik.(7.72/7.20) 

Will there be another change?  

Welcome to the forum good  signing in Viktor and a nice little loan fee from them ;).

By the way if you need to know anything especially Glasgow related just ask Blobby he is an expert on all things Glasgow.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Welcome to the forum good  signing in Viktor and a nice little loan fee from them ;).

By the way if you need to know anything especially Glasgow related just ask Blobby he is an expert on all things Glasgow.

Thanks for the welcome Gazc, appreciate it.

I’ll be sure sure to do that. 

Do monarchs swap out, Pickering, Ruml or Andersson?  Maybe palovaara might be enough. 

Joel & Max are very frustrating. I felt Max suffered when the riding order was changed.  We get glimpses (usually on different nights) that they are worth keeping. Time will tell..... 

There wouldn’t be a problem with 100% effort Josh if we weren’t carrying the others. Josh is highly entertaining and I’d like to believe his coat is on a very safe peg. Once he learns how to gate, (he will be boring) he will be amazing

Welcome to the team to Victor and GhostRider to the forum (don’t believe everything you read on here and I hope you have thick skin to cope with the keyboard warriors)

• Like 1

Would Clegg have fitted , good for some points at home.

Junior

1 hour ago, junior fan said:

Would Clegg have fitted , good for some points at home.

Junior

Think Glegg had plenty chances at Edinburgh,better with who they have got IMO .

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

There wouldn’t be a problem with 100% effort Josh if we weren’t carrying the others. Josh is highly entertaining and I’d like to believe his coat is on a very safe peg. Once he learns how to gate, (he will be boring) he will be amazing...

For me at least, Josh has been one of the biggest problems in this team. 

With two newcomers to UK speedway in Joel and Max, Josh was relegated to the reserve position and we were assured he'd be some sort of secret weapon - one of the strongest reserves in the league was what was said. Instead, we got a guy who, it appears, has learned little since he arrived back at the start of 2017. Then, he could gate probably better then he does now, but was prone to rushing in and crashing when a cool head was all that was required. Admittedly, he seems to crash less this season, so that's something, but his gating is appalling and he regularly spends 3/4 of the race catching up with the guy in 3rd before making a "great pass" on the last lap. For those who think this is fantastic, fair enough, but if this guy was serious about his so called claim of wanting to be a heat leader, he'd be actively seeking out advice from those riders who can gate, and he'd be spending the time after each meeting working on improving his technique to ensure he actually improves. He'd also be practicing as many days as he can at the likes of the Duns track to make sure he can get his gating gloves sharpened up. 

Does he actually do these things? I'm not sure he does, but I do know from various folk who are close to him that he comes across as frustratingly arrogant and dismissive when given exactly the advice I have suggested above. He seems to believe he is perfectly capable and the fans would rather see his thrilling chases.

Well, maybe some would, but I was hoping that the secret weapon at reserve would actually turn out to be just that. So far, there is little evidence of it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stewmac said:

With two newcomers to UK speedway in Joel and Max, Josh was relegated to the reserve position and we were assured he'd be some sort of secret weapon - one of the strongest reserves in the league was what was said. Instead, we got a guy who, it appears, has learned little since he arrived back at the start of 2017. Then, he could gate probably better then he does now, but was prone to rushing in and crashing when a cool head was all that was required. Admittedly, he seems to crash less this season, so that's something, but his gating is appalling and he regularly spends 3/4 of the race catching up with the guy in 3rd before making a "great pass" on the last lap. For those who think this is fantastic, fair enough, but if this guy was serious about his so called claim of wanting to be a heat leader, he'd be actively seeking out advice from those riders who can gate, and he'd be spending the time after each meeting working on improving his technique to ensure he actually improves. He'd also be practicing as many days as he can at the likes of the Duns track to make sure he can get his gating gloves sharpened up. 

Does he actually do these things? I'm not sure he does, but I do know from various folk who are close to him that he comes across as frustratingly arrogant and dismissive when given exactly the advice I have suggested above. He seems to believe he is perfectly capable and the fans would rather see his thrilling chases.

Well, maybe some would, but I was hoping that the secret weapon at reserve would actually turn out to be just that. So far, there is little evidence of it. 

No better than Ricky Wells surely he can give him a few pointers on how to gate.

• Like 2

When Wayne Briggs first came over his gating was pretty poor. 

So his big bruv took him down to Southampton for a couple of days practice. 

The difference when he came back was absolutely staggering. 

So it must be worth Josh trying something like you suggested. 

Shame it didn't stop Wayne being so accident /injury prone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stewmac said:

All seems fair to me. If the Riss boys put in the extra laps after a meeting what makes Josh think he doesn’t need to? 

• Like 1

Hardly Josh’s fault that we have two struggling newcomers or that he was touted to be a secret weapon. He most certainly is not arrogant

If Josh could gate he would be a trump card, he most probably is the worse gatter i have seen (carr n collins included).

I think he should keep his place as he is entertaining  and he gives 100% every race. 

6 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

All seems fair to me. If the Riss boys put in the extra laps after a meeting what makes Josh think he doesn’t need to? 

The same applies to messrs Ruml & Andersson who should also be using after meeting practice time to try to improve their less than impressive home form.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2018 at 1:07 PM, Fromafar said:

Think Glegg had plenty chances at Edinburgh,better with who they have got IMO .

I would take Clegg ahead of Ruml right now!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cyclone said:

The same applies to messrs Ruml & Andersson who should also be using after meeting practice time to try to improve their less than impressive home form.

Oh absolutely.