British Speedway Forum

Btw, anyone know whether Lawson is considering a full time return? I know he didn’t score well in the platinum fours but always feel he’s on the brink of a return!

1 hour ago, JanAnderson said:

Btw, anyone know whether Lawson is considering a full time return? I know he didn’t score well in the platinum fours but always feel he’s on the brink of a return!

This is an interesting question for me too. A local rider would give the crowd someone to focus on - and if Lawson could get a bit fitter and return to anything of his known form, then he could prove very popular for Monarchs fans.

He is riding in the Caledonian open   In a few weeks in a decent field so should do really well 

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2018-07-14/monarchs-chase-worrall

so Ritchie worrall will be joining us, fantastic signing as 3rd heat leader. Obviously more than one change will need to be made.

Mark Riss and Ruml to make way imo.

For Worrall and a 3 pointer.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Only if the supporters buy him a race suit.  So if no one does this he doesn't sign??? 

Not convinced we need (want?) him.  

3 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Only if the supporters buy him a race suit.  So if no one does this he doesn't sign??? 

Can you imagine a footballer not signing for a club till the fans buy him a new pair of football boots  :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BluPanther said:

Can you imagine a footballer not signing for a club till the fans buy him a new pair of football boots  :D

Ever heard of publicity stunts?

2 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Ever heard of publicity stunts?

Sounds like begging to me ...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Our club in pretty unique in so much as, our fans actually like to be involved and will do anything we can to keep our club afloat.

We do so willingly because we want to, not because anyone begs us. The promotion keep us involved by asking for help with things like this.

It might be a problem to you, but it isn’t to us

Good to see Richie fixed up but you have got to hand it to Edinburgh, if they start slow as they have this season generally there promotion get the changes right more often than not.

Makes them dark horses I would say and I can see us really struggling to get in the play offs.

Max Clegg to return as well then??

49 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Does it really matter if he appears in a red & white Tigers racesuit, given that he would be wearing a Monarchs race jacket over them?

Well when he had his brilliant guest performance for us when we won at Scunny late last Season, he was  wearing  yellow & green kevlars.

Wonder what happened to them :rolleyes:

BTW does anyone know when the signing deadline for team changes is (mid July?) as I am  wondering if there is sufficient time for any released riders to  be signed on by another club?

If we move mark and ruml on plus the points we have to play with being under the limit it leaves us 10.61. 

With worrall being one of them that leaves us with 3.03 for another reserve. 

Clegg maybe on his premiership average of 2.00 don’t know what the calculation is for getting his PL average. But would certainly score at home and pick up the odd point away.

Edited by Mr Blobby

6 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Well when he had his brilliant guest performance for us when we won at Scunny late last Season, he was  wearing  yellow & green kevlars.

Wonder what happened to them :rolleyes:

The yellow and green ones are his Rawicz ones. 

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

BLACKMAIL  . more like it  .dont sign the guy . reeks of bull !

so he has been racing all these years and has not got a spare pair on kevs . what next , a throttle cable ?

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1