British Speedway Forum

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Really - Harris signed for Poole using his Rye House average

It wasnt reverted to last years Premiership end figure or a conversion of his current Champinship figure

Therefore Id say Clegg would be a conversion of his Rye Premiership figure

It is his Championship average that is now null and void

As did Aaron Summers on his Rye House average of 5.21 when signed by Somerset.

This appears on the latest Premier Green Sheets, which also includes the current GSAs for  Rye House, with Clegg listed as 2.00 which, using the 1.3 conversion, would be 2.60.

Over to you mac101 :wink:

1 minute ago, cyclone said:

As did Aaron Summers on his Rye House average of 5.21 when signed by Somerset.

This appears on the latest Premier Green Sheets, which also includes the current GSAs for  Rye House, with Clegg listed as 2.00 which, using the 1.3 conversion, would be 2.60.

Over to you mac101 :wink:

I believe Clegg would be on a 3

The regs I think include a caveat that where a rider has previously achieved an average above 3 in the league that is the lowest it can fall to

Looking at Jack smith he was also a 2 but is a 3.7 in championship he never got his ave lowered same as Nathan grieves he is under 3 but stuck with his championship ave from last year 4.37

Edited by mac101

41 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Looking at Jack smith he was also a 2 but is a 3.7 in championship he never got his ave lowered same as Nathan grieves he is under 3 but stuck with his championship ave from last year 4.37

smith got his average at sheffield this year though and greaves hadn’t got his average for wolves when redcar signed him I don’t think. Fairly sure Clegg won’t be on his 4 odd championship average.

Lawson is a strange one, hasn’t rode competitively for a long time and his scores havn’t been eye opening in the open meeting and anniversary meeting I think it was, Clegg also around 10 years younger than him but for entertainment purposes I would like Lawson to become a Monarch just so I can see him around Shielfield again.

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

Nathan Greaves Final 2017 Championship GSA for Ipswich was 4.51

According to Premier GSA for 4/6/18 his GSA for Wolves was 2.99 and his Championship GSA on 7/6/18 when joining Redcar, was 3.89 (The 4.37  figure you refer to, takes account of the Championship meetings he rode for Redcar, until his release & probably reverts to a rolling Championship match average, and is the average he joins Glasgow on) 

Now Premier 2.99 x 1.3 = Championship 3.89 

Don't know where you got your 2017 figure from, but those I refer to were taken from the SGB website, and confirm that the 2018 Premier GSA is converted by x 1.3 (subject to a 3.00 min in certain cases) for those rejoining the Championship from the Premiership during the 2018 Season.  

As Clegg's Rye House GSA was 2.00, he would rejoin the Championship on a GSA no greater than 3.00

Edited by cyclone

9 hours ago, MD said:

But you are now a serious prospect for the play offs. No one will touch EDI at home with a top four of Wells, Riss E, Worrall and Palovaara. Glasgow have handed you a lottery win by dispensing with their more flexible heat leader and rider most marketable to rival play off contenders on 7.57.

Had it been Harris in the low 8's there would have been few takers, especially not Edinburgh. Its a spectacular own goal by Glasgow that could end our own fragile playoff hopes, particularly as the last two league meetings are Edinburgh home and away.

Interesting view, especially if RW thinks he has something to prove after the rumours of lots going on in the background like the track & departure of Stewart Dickson. Is it coincidence he signs after riding at the Dale?

Welcome to the Evil Twin. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mark back next season in a better balanced team along with Agent Cook.

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Willie Lawson!

Would come in on a 4.00 average 

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Would come in on a 4.00 average 

Really? What’s the calculation for that? He can’t have had an official average for knocking on 10 years!

9 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

There are things that would surprise me more!!

Why do Edinburgh fans have this fixation with Lawson.....

I think CJ69 might be disappointed.

Edited by Dekker
spelling

Just now, Dekker said:

Why do Edinburgh fans have this fixation with Lawson.....

I think CJ69 might be disapointed.

I don’t think it’s a fixation. He’s just ridden in a few meetings in the last year so it’s bound to get a few tongues wagging. I know he’s a lot older but you’d think he’d manage to ride to a 4.00 average. 

17 minutes ago, Dekker said:

Interesting view, especially if RW thinks he has something to prove after the rumours of lots going on in the background like the track & departure of Stewart Dickson. Is it coincidence he signs after riding at the Dale?

Welcome to the Evil Twin. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mark back next season in a better balanced team along with Agent Cook.

I can’t see a team with Cook in it being balanced!

2 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

I don’t think it’s a fixation. He’s just ridden in a few meetings in the last year so it’s bound to get a few tongues wagging. I know he’s a lot older but you’d think he’d manage to ride to a 4.00 average. 

Lawson could have gone a long way with his talent, but he brings so much off track baggage that it'll never happen.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Really? What’s the calculation for that? He can’t have had an official average for knocking on 10 years!

From what I’ve heard the club out of interest asked the BSPA what his average would be, they were told it would be a 4. Can’t exactly remember the conclusion they came to for it to be that but it wasn’t exactly convincing.