British Speedway Forum

Clegg out 

William Lawson IN 

:blink:

• Like 1

Wow didn't expect that. 

Really sorry for Max - had a few rough deals this season but for whatever reason doesn't seem to have kicked on or even maintained his level. 

Monarchs certainly making a load of changes this season having gone years without changing mid season ones. 

11 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Clegg out 

William Lawson IN 

Worlds gone mad

17 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Clegg out 

William Lawson IN 

Just hope his Dad is not his mechanic this time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Class rider but it'll be a shame to watch, even if he does well, given what he could have become.

• Like 1

Didn’t see this coming, anyway welcome back William. Let’s see what happens I guess 

30 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Didn’t see this coming, anyway welcome back William. Let’s see what happens I guess 

What average has he come in on? Didn’t you say he’d be 4.00??

3 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

What average has he come in on? Didn’t you say he’d be 4.00??

Probably.

Sign a rider on a 3, his average goes up 1.23 before he rides a meeting and then bring in a 4 point rider (only in speedway).:drink:

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Probably.

Sign a rider on a 3, his average goes up 1.23 before he rides a meeting and then bring in a 4 point rider (only in speedway).:drink:

Excellent. As long as we’re bending the rules I’m happy. 

• Sad 1

I’m starting to lose track, another rider binned by the Armadale Monarchs yet their fans would have you believe that it’s the team from the west who are hell bent on success...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pep said:

I’m starting to lose track, another rider binned by the Armadale Monarchs yet their fans would have you believe that it’s the team from the west who are hell bent on success...

I’d be disappointed if they weren’t hell bent on success - just not at any cost.....

1 hour ago, Cj69 said:

Clegg out 

William Lawson IN 

Desperation or a master stroke ? Feel sorry for Max although surprised he was signed again given that we still had to go away in the league to 3 bigger tracks. Lawson hardly set the heather on fire at the Caledonian Riders meeting. Undoubted talent but a big ask to turn the clock back. Hope it works out.

Looks like the old policy has been chucked in the bin then?

95A2BF73-9512-40F9-83FB-AF97B47FFF33.jpeg

Edited by Pep
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pep said:

95A2BF73-9512-40F9-83FB-AF97B47FFF33.jpeg

Had Edinburgh added a couple of sentences to their press release, explaining the fact that the move was forced on them by Clegg being determined to race in Belgium on a day he should be turning out for the Monarchs, then none of this nonsense from either set of fans would have been necessary.